Page 17 of 82 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: How many 'beasts' are on the board? Audi RS6

Welcome Mike
    Yeah keep those RPM's down. HAHA That is the best part because later it is like driving a new car when you can accelerate past 4000. I kept mine below 3500 which was very difficult.
    Hey I saw Mugello Blue for sale on Ebay with black interior.
    I too have a mugello blue and love it but I have silver interior looking to trade it with RS6s4 though...
    -Stuart
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust

Hello All,
    Sturs6, which Seat U want, the driver's ?

N BTW why dont U Guys have Recaro seats at the States neither the 19" wheels?
    2002 Black S4(B5), MTM Exhaust System, MTM Chip (320HP)

2004 Misano Red RS6, with ABT chip and Sound exhaust System (519HP)

BTW why dont U Guys have Recaro seats at the States neither the 19" wheels?

No Recaro's thank to the Department of Transportation. The seat are not DOT approved and to approve them it would have added approx $1500.00 to each car. (I would have paid $1500.00 extra for the Recaro's...no question about it)

No 19's because the roads in American are not kept as nice as they are in Europe. The roads can be a bit trashed and they figured the 19's would bend more and create a much more uncomfortable ride.

I would have gladly traded the Alcantra roof liner for the Recaro's as they are about the same cost.

Anyone out there want to sell me their full Recaro set up??? looking for black....I'll make you a nice offer
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

I'll not only make you a nice offer for the Recaros, but I'll send you the lovely US stock seats for free!

:trash:

You guys didn't get the 19"s either!?!?! That i didn't know! Dissapointing for AoA!

But, there could be a valid reason behind the lack of such items compared to us Europeans.

The things called Exchange Rates and Market Preferences.

Klint in my opinion the more I look around AoA shafted us with a big one. No options wait I am sorry sound enhanced exhaust, carbon fiber , a phone cradle that sucks in my opinion, and a nav system with no tv that sucks in my opinion.
    I do not want to list all of the things we did not get for 85,000 dollar base price.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt I brought my car in 3 days ago and it was supposed to be ready that afternoon and I still do not have it back and it may not make it back tonight. Therefore I am bitter. I almost traded the loaner in for an E55 and told the Audi dealer to keep mine.
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.

Originally posted by sturs6
    ..... in my opinion the more I look around AoA shafted us with a big one. No options wait I am sorry sound enhanced exhaust, carbon fiber , a phone cradle that sucks in my opinion, and a nav system with no tv that sucks in my opinion.
    I do not want to list all of the things we did not get for 85,000 dollar base price.
    Take what I say with a grain of salt I brought my car in 3 days ago and it was supposed to be ready that afternoon and I still do not have it back and it may not make it back tonight. Therefore I am bitter. I almost traded the loaner in for an E55 and told the Audi dealer to keep mine.

Honestly, you guys get a bargain car and complain. Come to Europe, buy a well equipped RS6 at EUR 120,000 tax paid - that is USD 148,716.
    You got the 18 inch wheels because your roads are so bad and the car needs the extra rubber. You do not get the Sports searts because your DOT has not approved them.

You guys get 4 year warranties with service paid for - be grateful, I guess we are paying sdo much to help pay for your cheap cars (LOL).

R+C

Originally posted by Nordschleife
    Honestly, you guys get a bargain car and complain. Come to Europe, buy a well equipped RS6 at EUR 120,000 tax paid - that is USD 148,716.
    You got the 18 inch wheels because your roads are so bad and the car needs the extra rubber. You do not get the Sports searts because your DOT has not approved them.

You guys get 4 year warranties with service paid for - be grateful, I guess we are paying sdo much to help pay for your cheap cars (LOL).

R+C
    That's what I was eventually getting to....it's all relative.

and Stuart...nononononono!!! The E55 isn't the way to go.

Originally posted by ME
    Take what I say with a grain of salt...
    I really was not serious about any of this I am just so blessed and thankful to be 30 years old and driving a Rocket Ship like this. Last but not least I am just glad they thought of us and brought the RS6 over here Period.

oh ok, the roads shap, umm tell me about it, with the 19" wheels u can feel any tiny thing when pass on it, how about some of those roads like in Detroite N Ohio, damn, the whole car is shaking.
    2002 Black S4(B5), MTM Exhaust System, MTM Chip (320HP)

2004 Misano Red RS6, with ABT chip and Sound exhaust System (519HP)

Originally posted by Klint
    and Stuart...nononononono!!! The E55 isn't the way to go.
    why not?

hahaha, Point taken Stuart. You had me worried there, since the hint of the joke was way way overshadowed.

nyrs6,

Many reasons why I would avoid the E55.

Great car but a little too polished around the edges for my tastes.

RE: E55

Regarding an E55, I just spoke with a guy who is trading a twin turbo porsche in on RS6. He said he was also interested in the E55 but after reading a Consumer Report's fairly negative report on Mercedes reliability (I haven't read it) he was not going to buy ANY Mercedes, let alone a new E55........FWIW.

anybody (in europe of course) still waiting for an RS6

U.S. Audis

It seems that we get good pricing for all audis here, RS6 included. Whilst it would be nice to have 19s and Recaros and NavPlus, it is not surprising that we don't get them and I don't miss those features as the car is a driver's car and looks marvelous as it is. Love that blue piping on the white seats
    Wang

Stepping Stones:
    '04 H1 HMCS
    '06 BMW E60 M5 Silverstone II
    ---------------------------------
    Long gone:
    '03 RS6 Mugello Blue
    '04 Audi A8L #9374 Atlas Gray
    '03 BMW M5 Carbon Black
    '00 BMW 528i Sport
    04 GT3 Speed Yellow
    '00 VW GTI VR6 Flash Red
    '00 VW Cabrio White
    '96 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Black Procharger
    '97 VW GTI VR6 Black
    '94 Chevy Camaro Z-28 Arctic White

I just got back from a trip to Long Island, NY in the beast. From where I live its about 3 hours. With all the construction, thank God I didn't have 19" rims. I would have limped home! As it was, I cringed everytime I hit a pavement expansion joint on the Throgs Neck Bridge.

I don't understand the price difference between the US and Europe. Even factoring in the weakening dollar,it still a $40,000+ difference. There's significantly lower shipping costs and there must be some kind of import tariff to the US.

Who ever thought we'd be feeling grateful that the car was only $85,000? LOL

Finnus
    2001 S4 Silver Triptonik
    2003 RS 6 Muguello Blue

well, heres mine, its pretty much clear on colors inside and out, HOPPENMOTORSPORT chip soon to be installed, YESS!!! delivered feb2-26-04, last one to arrived in the state of Florida, #14 overall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house 141 (5).jpg 
Views:	1850 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	1401