Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting second car really makes you appreciate your RS6

Getting second car really makes you appreciate your RS6

(Depending on what it is..) getting a second car and driving it for a while really makes you respect and fall in love with your RS6 all over again.

I needed something to take some of the miles off the RS6, and bought a new Mustang GT California Special (black on black) last week. I wanted something totally different, not to mention Ford is basically giving cars away (5k under sticker, 0% financing for 72 months, 0$ down, 3 year service package).

The car is not "slow" by average standards.. First day i had the car i did a Kenny Belle supercharger kit, exhaust, pullies, coilovers, headers and tune. Sounds menacing, and fun to drive.. maybe 515hp-520hp

But after driving the new one for 5 days.. i took the RS6 to work today. My God that car is faaast. Really fast. I was totally jaded after driving just the RS6 for over a year. I know Mustangs aren't even in the same league as the RS6, so no need to remind me, but even still - after driving what could be considered a quick car to average people, the RS6 sent me into euphoria all over again. Sometimes you don't realize what you have until you loose it.. (or leave it in the garage for a week)
    Fonzie
    Current: '11 S4 | '15 S8 | '14 911 Turbo S | '15 SQ5 | '03 RS6 | '16 RS7 | '11 458 Italia
    Past: '13 S6 | '12 P85 | '13 P85+ | '10 E63 | '12 S65 | '09 A4

Fonzie;

I have been considering installing the APR - how has your experience been? The only reason I haven't so far has been that they don't have any dyno charts available to back up their claims.

rgds...
    -----Current-----
    '03 RS6/ Avus Silver/Black interior/CF trim/RNS-e + Sirius + BT/SE exhaust/RS6+ pedal kit/20" forged wheels
    -----Retired-----
    '01 S8
    '90 V8 Executive
    '86 5000 CD Turbo
    '84 5000
    '82 5000

Absolutely love the APR software. Very smooth shifts, huge power gain. Had the MTM software first, i like the APR software 100% better (just my experience, not saying MTM chip is bad).

Had APR software on my A4 too .. same experience. Will use APR on all my Audi's - no doubt about it.
    Fonzie
    Current: '11 S4 | '15 S8 | '14 911 Turbo S | '15 SQ5 | '03 RS6 | '16 RS7 | '11 458 Italia
    Past: '13 S6 | '12 P85 | '13 P85+ | '10 E63 | '12 S65 | '09 A4

Or have your car in receiving a new transmission and so on for an entire month. Had nice loaners but did completely forget the feel and oh sh$t speed of the RS6. Back in love. I'm afraid i will have the same problem when its time to move on. Although i doubt i will ever sell the car (depreciation overtook payments left).
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

as we've talked about so many times, when you grow out of this car, where do you go other than supercars?

Does APR have a TCU flash as well? I can't see one on their website...
    -----Current-----
    '03 RS6/ Avus Silver/Black interior/CF trim/RNS-e + Sirius + BT/SE exhaust/RS6+ pedal kit/20" forged wheels
    -----Retired-----
    '01 S8
    '90 V8 Executive
    '86 5000 CD Turbo
    '84 5000
    '82 5000

I think only MTM.... What's going on Jon? How are things down there?

Dude - working too hard and not playing enough! What about you - give up on the Houston thing or the girl friend?
    -----Current-----
    -----Retired-----
    '01 S8
    '90 V8 Executive
    '86 5000 CD Turbo
    '84 5000
    '82 5000

I feel the same. and I have a car thats way faster than the RS even. its a great animal.. and I havent even modded it yet.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

Quote Originally Posted by jtessman View Post
    Dude - working too hard and not playing enough! What about you - give up on the Houston thing or the girl friend?
    I'll drop you an email!

Well,

I didnt have to buy the GT/CS but every week or two when I jump in the RS....its a happy day.

We will never see another car like it on US soil.

As my good friend that owns several GM dealers says.

"Welcome to Obama motors" Gone is the Caddy CTSV and really the only GM car that could have got me some attention. Sad day. Very

As a side note. I wonder how many people are considering moving down under? The performance car is running strong and Audi imports the whole lineup. I donno....I think a trip is in order. If Obama motors becomes Obama Healthcare....I am out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie Audi View Post
    (Depending on what it is..) getting a second car and driving it for a while really makes you respect and fall in love with your RS6 all over again.

I needed something to take some of the miles off the RS6, and bought a new Mustang GT California Special (black on black) last week. I wanted something totally different, not to mention Ford is basically giving cars away (5k under sticker, 0% financing for 72 months, 0$ down, 3 year service package).

The car is not "slow" by average standards.. First day i had the car i did a Kenny Belle supercharger kit, exhaust, pullies, coilovers, headers and tune. Sounds menacing, and fun to drive.. maybe 515hp-520hp

But after driving the new one for 5 days.. i took the RS6 to work today. My God that car is faaast. Really fast. I was totally jaded after driving just the RS6 for over a year. I know Mustangs aren't even in the same league as the RS6, so no need to remind me, but even still - after driving what could be considered a quick car to average people, the RS6 sent me into euphoria all over again. Sometimes you don't realize what you have until you loose it.. (or leave it in the garage for a week)

lol, yes, because clearly the government don't care about GM ever making money and who cares about the tax-payers getting any ROI. Will GM stop making stupid cars? Even without government intervention GM should have stopped, there is a reason that GM went bankrupt and the government had to step in to provide DIP funding. Will GM in the future make muscle/high performance cars? Of course, because they will sell, will GM in the future make stupid cars? Of course, because that's the industry. Seriously, I know that it's the zeitgeist to hate on the government and certainly because I am a 'liberal' I feel the need to chime in but it's not as if GM was do sooo great and the big bad government just stepped in and said 'eff you, I'm taking over and we're forcing you to only make cars that run on spare potatoe peels that has -15BHP.' Come on, seriously, we're all smarter than that.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.

Greg,

I hear ya. All the best intentions. Just like handing AIG 170 Billion so that AIG could pay off insurance contracts to Goldman 14B and Deutsche Bank 40B at 100% full value. Oh wait, Paulson came from Goldman. No way he wanted to pay off his buddies over there a quick 14B. DB I wont even go there. Where was TG? Well, he was the NY Fed at the time and the first one to bail out AIG and then talked to Paulson for the big bailout. In the process, we bailed out the NY Fed at the same time.

Again, my good friend owns GM dealerships. He does have some inside information. The very first thing the auto task force did...... Close the GM performance division. CTSV is gone. Every one of the CTSV's were sold at full sticker price and all the Caddy dealers were fighting for more. Gone.

The Gov didnt "have" to provide DIP. We have very good laws to take care of such things. Those laws are getting the axe as we speak.

I do wonder why GM had to make so many crappy cars. It just cost them too much to make a quality car and the overhead just kept eating them alive. I wonder what it would cost GM to build a RS6? 200k? Is it fair to wipe away debt with the strike of a pen and throw shareholders and bond holders to the curb? What about the retired couple who purchased GM secured bonds for 400k? Secured bonds mind you.

The entire US bond market is in a tailspin. These types of actions along with printing more money will seal our fate for many years to come. Yields and spreads are dropping thru the floor as we speak. Nobody will buy our bonds.

Lastly, given you took away that retired couples entire bond position when they were secured. Is it fair to hand the UAW 50% of Chrysler? 35% of GM?

I dont see it as a Liberal vs Conservative battle. I dont even consider myself a Conservative. really. I dont. It really comes down to the free markets and law. Without those you have lost the Republic and well on the road to somewhere else. We used to live in a Republic. Not any longer.

Edit: BTW, we the US taxpayers will never see a penny of the 170 Billion to AIG, 50 Billion to GM, Fannie, Freedie...ect. The markets will never ever allow these stocks to rise. FRE, FNM, AIG, GM stock will never, ever go up. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    lol, yes, because clearly the government don't care about GM ever making money and who cares about the tax-payers getting any ROI. Will GM stop making stupid cars? Even without government intervention GM should have stopped, there is a reason that GM went bankrupt and the government had to step in to provide DIP funding. Will GM in the future make muscle/high performance cars? Of course, because they will sell, will GM in the future make stupid cars? Of course, because that's the industry. Seriously, I know that it's the zeitgeist to hate on the government and certainly because I am a 'liberal' I feel the need to chime in but it's not as if GM was do sooo great and the big bad government just stepped in and said 'eff you, I'm taking over and we're forcing you to only make cars that run on spare potatoe peels that has -15BHP.' Come on, seriously, we're all smarter than that.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by DHall1; June 3rd, 2009 at 05:57.

If anyone feels sad about the CTS-V or Audi's failure to step up and import the C6 RS6 sedan then I heartily recommend getting behind the wheel of a GT-R. That will put a smile back on your face (even if it is only a 2 door).
    -----Current-----
    -----Retired-----
    '01 S8
    '90 V8 Executive
    '86 5000 CD Turbo
    '84 5000
    '82 5000

ya, i gotta say, that gt-r is really, really starting to grow on me the more I read about it and see it on the road. Might have to think about it seriously instead of a 911....

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Greg,

I hear ya. All the best intentions. Just like handing AIG 170 Billion so that AIG could pay off insurance contracts to Goldman 14B and Deutsche Bank 40B at 100% full value. Oh wait, Paulson came from Goldman. No way he wanted to pay off his buddies over there a quick 14B. DB I wont even go there. Where was TG? Well, he was the NY Fed at the time and the first one to bail out AIG and then talked to Paulson for the big bailout. In the process, we bailed out the NY Fed at the same time.

Again, my good friend owns GM dealerships. He does have some inside information. The very first thing the auto task force did...... Close the GM performance division. CTSV is gone. Every one of the CTSV's were sold at full sticker price and all the Caddy dealers were fighting for more. Gone.

The Gov didnt "have" to provide DIP. We have very good laws to take care of such things. Those laws are getting the axe as we speak.

I do wonder why GM had to make so many crappy cars. It just cost them too much to make a quality car and the overhead just kept eating them alive. I wonder what it would cost GM to build a RS6? 200k? Is it fair to wipe away debt with the strike of a pen and throw shareholders and bond holders to the curb? What about the retired couple who purchased GM secured bonds for 400k? Secured bonds mind you.

The entire US bond market is in a tailspin. These types of actions along with printing more money will seal our fate for many years to come. Yields and spreads are dropping thru the floor as we speak. Nobody will buy our bonds.

Lastly, given you took away that retired couples entire bond position when they were secured. Is it fair to hand the UAW 50% of Chrysler? 35% of GM?

I dont see it as a Liberal vs Conservative battle. I dont even consider myself a Conservative. really. I dont. It really comes down to the free markets and law. Without those you have lost the Republic and well on the road to somewhere else. We used to live in a Republic. Not any longer.

Edit: BTW, we the US taxpayers will never see a penny of the 170 Billion to AIG, 50 Billion to GM, Fannie, Freedie...ect. The markets will never ever allow these stocks to rise. FRE, FNM, AIG, GM stock will never, ever go up. Ever.
    completely agree
    2000 Audi S4 - Borla / ASP / H&R / 034 / JHM

Well,

Funny how some things get noticed.

Here's to you!

I hope we all make it thru this. The money is getting wiped from the landscape everywhere we look. Should be a fun 10 years. I really dont understand where the outrage is. I mean really the confilicts of interest are everywhere and people are just flaunting it. This auto czar Rattner is a piece of work. Yeeks

"Lets give these dealers and the franchise agreements the shaft. Give them 2 weeks notice and out in the cold. They can eat the inventory, eat the overhead we made them build, eat the incentives, loose all the special financing." Yeah, 2 weeks sounds great. Who cares if we charged them 1 million for the franchise agreement and they had to build a 2 million dollar store. Ahhhh, no big deal they employ 150 people and pay about 200,000 dollars in taxes, property tax on the location. The city wont miss the money.

"As expected, dealers across the country are outraged, which has triggered the response by congress. "Rapid dealer reductions increase unemployment, threaten communities and decrease state and local tax revenue without any material corresponding decrease in an automaker's costs," said John McEleney, chairman of the National Automobile Dealers Association." In another quote from Auto Magazine.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/6518...ise/index.html

Bankruptcy laws, franchise agreements and secured bond agreements no longer mean anything.

Wake up people. There is a new boss in town.

This one is even better. I know John McEleney as well.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/02/auto...ion=2009060317

Quote Originally Posted by FLACO X3 View Post
    completely agree
    Last edited by DHall1; June 4th, 2009 at 06:35.

OUCH!

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/6519...ure/index.html

I pay 600/yr for full coverage on my RS

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    ya, i gotta say, that gt-r is really, really starting to grow on me the more I read about it and see it on the road. Might have to think about it seriously instead of a 911....