Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TT RS Autocar drive impression

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    the 0 to 200Km/h is officially stated at 15.9 sec.
    I know the official time but this info came by someone friendly with a magazine that tried it out in those 'first drive' reviews on a public road which is less than ideal. That means in ideal conditions on a proper track you could be looking at even better than official.

That places it slap bang in the middle of R8, RS4 and M3 figures.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    No, you need either dynamic steering or the damping control, one or the other but not both, sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

They had total involvement in the R8. The problem is the limitation bestowed with Haldex, you can only shift up to 50% of the power to the rear and no more, so at best it can reduce the onset of understeer but stop it completely. One thing I think we will find out about the TT/RS is that it has higher lateral Gs than the RS4 and thus will actually corner harder before understeer takes control.

Be in no doubt that the TT/RS is still an extremely quick car on the track and will probably be as quick as a Cayman and quicker than the RS4.
    I have read about the Haldex system that it can transfer up to 100% of power to the rear wheels if it has to.
    Example if the front wheels of the car stands on a ice patch.
    Its in the programing of the system how rear based the car will be.

Also Ace Competition here in Sweden offers a controller box thats Haldex themself makes to older 1 & 2 Gen Haldex cars thats makes them more rear based AWD.
    But they do not make them to the newer Gen Haldex 3 & 4 mayby its not necessary?

Some of the tester reported that the TTRS wasn't that fun to drive and that its understeers.
    I wonder if the Haldex XWD diff that was first used 2007 in the Saab 9-3 Aero and now also in the Opel Insignia would help?
    The XWD is a eLSD thats distributes torque between left and right rear wheel and between front and rear axles, why didn't Audi use it?

Read about it here:http://www.haldex-xwd.com/

We have debated this many times now, many including myself were sure the TT/RS would have XWD but it seems to offer nothing different from the TT/S. Unlike some here I can really speak for the reason why all Haldex systems can only send 50% to the rear. Ice is different because it totally torque available and not total power.

Best wait and drive it ourselves before we making a conclusion on why Audi chose against this.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Sport diff

I am getting confused. I understand there is no Sport diff (the one from V6 TT S4) in TT RS and it can neither be ordered as an option??
    Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Michal12 View Post
    I am getting confused. I understand there is no Sport diff (the one from V6 TT S4) in TT RS and it can neither be ordered as an option??
    Why is that?
    Because they are two different system's.
    The Haldex coupling is in the same place where the S4 have the sport diff.
    Remove the Haldex and there is no 4WD in the TT RS.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....