Thread: Has anyone tested those COILS? PLASMA DIRECT from OKADA

Arrow Has anyone tested those COILS? PLASMA DIRECT from OKADA

I found this on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OKADA...Q5fAccessories

Has anyone tried those coils?

www.WheelsGallery.com

All about wheels and cars.
    Free image gallery, sell or trade your wheels online.

I'd wait until someone else does or until some of the 1.8t guys try them as some of the 1.8t's use the same coils as are our cars.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Those sound like the greatest thing since Splitfire plugs and Slick 50
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

You mean SPIT fire. Right.

Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Those sound like the greatest thing since Splitfire plugs and Slick 50

He did mean SPLIT as in SplitFire with the "V" in the electrode for higher performance!!! This sparkplug and the Slick 50 have some enthusiastic users, but most find them modern day snake oil. Good humor by V8weight!

The eBay sellers feedback listing shows positive feedback on purchases of these for a Mitsu Lancer ($400), Subi WRX ($550), Scion 1.5l ($698), Audi A4 A3 Golf GTI ($743). I'd Google them and look for more data.

Does CARB approve automobile components? I'd guess that when installed the car still passes smog tests.
    03 RS6 Avus, 80 Modena Spyder, 93 Porsche 964 Cab, 11 Toyota Sienna SE, 95 John Deere 345 w/42" snow blower

Don,

You guys missed my humor.

SPIT fire. As in the exhaust spitting and popping from those POS spark plugs.

:-). I remember those plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by DonS View Post
    He did mean SPLIT as in SplitFire with the "V" in the electrode for higher performance!!! This sparkplug and the Slick 50 have some enthusiastic users, but most find them modern day snake oil. Good humor by V8weight!

The eBay sellers feedback listing shows positive feedback on purchases of these for a Mitsu Lancer ($400), Subi WRX ($550), Scion 1.5l ($698), Audi A4 A3 Golf GTI ($743). I'd Google them and look for more data.

Does CARB approve automobile components? I'd guess that when installed the car still passes smog tests.

Sad thing is, they still sell Split fire, their price has come down but they still sell them at a premium price for a subpar plug.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

DHall!: I get it now. And hopefully those Okada coils won't cause our beasts to SPIT. They have a decent web presence, but that only takes some geeks to build...

How much of an improvement over a properly functioning stock ignition system can this "plasma" coil set make? The oscillating pulse seems meaningless. A higher amplitude than stock with a duration matching the proper length of combustion are the only improvments one can make to an ignition system, but will it make a measurable improvement in HP?
    03 RS6 Avus, 80 Modena Spyder, 93 Porsche 964 Cab, 11 Toyota Sienna SE, 95 John Deere 345 w/42" snow blower