Thread: Rs4 ceramics

Rs4 ceramics

Is any one running there B7 RS4 With ceramics ?

How are they lasting ..
    www.Unit 20.org
    martin@unit20.org
    Home of all things for the RS6 .....

I have them, great brakes, 18 k miles, not even the smallest sign on them, half of the brake pads life left on them, one of the best brake combo on the market (with the 6 piston calipers - GT2 like - which we all know, is the BIG Daddy )
    2007 RS4 V8 - best NA car ever owned
    2006 GOLF R32 - 405 hp HGP TURBO - SOLD

Grizz, I have them on mine - awesome, much better than the steelies on the demo car, and better than the steelies on the C6 RS6 too.

They are much lighter, which improves handling and steering.

I replaced the pads myself at around 12k miles - they were about ½mm away from the wear sensors - simply because I didn't want the pad rivets to score the discs which is common on the 8-pot steelies. And even though the pad rivets were clearly visible on the surface of the worn friction lining, there was zero effect on the surface of the disc.

The discs themselves have ZERO wear - I measured the disc thickness with a micrometer (0.01 rating) when the car was brand new (OK, after about 500ish miles), and again when I replaced the pads - and the measurements were identical.

So for any ceramic 'doubters' - go for them, especially if you are hard on your brakes.

HTH

OH - one important aspect to consider. Tyres - the ceramics completely overwhealmed the original Pirelli P-Zero Rossos, so you need to make sure you get some decent grippy boots!
    Sean - Independent Motor Vehicle Tech (ret’d)
    ------

'07 Audi B7 (8EC) RS4 quattro saloon 4.2 FSI V8 32v (BNS) (with CSiC ceramic brakes) ,
    '06/7 VW A5 (1K) Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr 2.0T FSI (BWA) DSG, fully loaded, colour coded,

'03 Audi B6 (8E) S4 quattro saloon 4.2 V8 40v (BBK) 6sp man, fully loaded (gone, not forgotten)