Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Few questions- Looking at buying a RS6

Few questions- Looking at buying a RS6

Hey guys, Im new to the forum... Looking at buying this RS6, what do you think???

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=258394804

Are you anywhere close to that car?

That there is an excellent price for a car that looks very clean.

Verify a couple of things.

1. Was the 35k service completed and timing belt changed?
    2. Get the Carfax
    3. Make sure the warranty will transfer
    4. Buy that car! before I decide to buy another one. :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by RS6Mase View Post
    Hey guys, Im new to the forum... Looking at buying this RS6, what do you think???

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=258394804

Im 400 miles away, so not too far to buy it I talked to him on the phone today and said the 65k service was just done on it, im assuming that would cover the timing belt. But ill ask just to make sure...

How do i make sure the warranty will transfer?

Thanks!

Call the seller. Ask for a copy of the warranty. If its a Audi Certified....call Audi with the VIN and ask if the policy can be transferred.

Dont assume on maint services or you will become the first 3 letters of that word.

Timing belt service is 1500-2000 at the dealer. Its due at 35k and 75k. Get a copy of the 35k service or any service that the belt was done.

Im 400 miles away, so not too far to buy it I talked to him on the phone today and said the 65k service was just done on it, im assuming that would cover the timing belt. But ill ask just to make sure...

How do i make sure the warranty will transfer?

Thanks!

Are you familiar with the major issues relating to RS6's in general? .. DRC failure, torque converter/tranny issues ... having a warranty is critical to your peace of mind. This is not an inexpensive car to own/service. Just want to be sure that you are aware of this. If you have not familarized yourself with these issues, do yourself a favour and do a search on this forum and others.

Good luck
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

I am familiar with the general issues... He had the DC replaced once and is scheduled to have it replaced again in august under the recall. The torque converter was replaced around 40k miles, but he said the tranny is holding up well.

It was in a rear end collision and had to replace the bumper and left rear quarter panel

To me, everything sounds pretty good!

If in an accident it may be alittle too high

What does the Carfax say about the accident? Do you have any repair invoices or pics? I would make sure its fixed properly. Its still a decent price if all that checks out. The mods are nice and if the warranty does check out and transfer....you may be ok.

Here is an option

30k less miles and warranty into 2010

+ if your looking at keeping the car....prices for a Fidelity policy will be much less on a 38k car vs a 65k car

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

That one is a lil out of my price range...

Take the VIN to your local Audi dealer and have the Service Advisor sift through its repair history. They might give it to you, but they usually don't unless you own the car. Thus, have the SA give you his opinion on the repair history. Also, compare it what the seller is telling you to double-check his story. Knowing exactly what you are buying gives you the confidence to start writing checks. I hope it works out for you!!
    03 RS6 Avus, 80 Modena Spyder, 93 Porsche 964 Cab, 11 Toyota Sienna SE, 95 John Deere 345 w/42" snow blower

Well it all really depends on when i get my car sold... If anyone is interested in a 1999 911, send them my way!! ha, I think I have a buyer, but Ill see if he comes through or not...

Heres my car on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

Nice 911! Mine 964 is collecting dust now that I have the RS6. The massive power is addicting!

Try posting the 911 on Pelican and Rennlist. Both are great forums and have tons of activity.
    03 RS6 Avus, 80 Modena Spyder, 93 Porsche 964 Cab, 11 Toyota Sienna SE, 95 John Deere 345 w/42" snow blower

Thanks Don!

That one is a lil out of my price range...
    Hi!

If the 33k with guarantee is really out of your price range vs the 24k without, then you have no idea what it costs to maintain these cars.

You get one major fault in your car and you are finished with that budget. I would defenately go for the guarantee one...

Sorry to be realistic, good luck with your quest!
    PTT

Actually the one for 24k has warranty till 2012 if he is sure it will transfer

Quote Originally Posted by kip View Post
    Hi!

If the 33k with guarantee is really out of your price range vs the 24k without, then you have no idea what it costs to maintain these cars.

You get one major fault in your car and you are finished with that budget. I would defenately go for the guarantee one...

Sorry to be realistic, good luck with your quest!

The owner just called Audi to make sure that it would transfer and it WILL NOT!

About how much is a warranty?

At that mileage a 4/48 Fidelity plan will run over 5000 dollars.

The price for that car is now too high.

23k topps and thats if the accident repair is perfect.

The owner just called Audi to make sure that it would transfer and it WILL NOT!

About how much is a warranty?

Wow... this is not my day.

Just found about my buyer backed out on me too.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Actually the one for 24k has warranty till 2012 if he is sure it will transfer
    I cant believe your car prices. Here in Finland a 2003 Audi RS6 with 100k miles still costs about 77000 USD, with no guarantee:

http://www.nettiauto.com/audi/rs6/2514485

a second hand c6 costs 250000 USD:

http://www.nettiauto.com/audi/rs6/2551290

PTT