Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TCU map has done wonders for my 0-60mph...

TCU map has done wonders for my 0-60mph...

Hi chaps,

As you know I have been very happy with my unit20 tuned car, Grizz is without a doubt a scholar and a gentleman, and if he were in Germany he would be Doctor Grizz or Professor Grizz.
    I needed to get the box (TCU mapped as I was sure that I was not getting the full potential form the car under acceleration, or my concern about bolloxing up anopther box!

I went to see Grizzly and got the box mapped and had a few other bits done too.

The result is astonishing. This was recorded and timed by my mate on a stop watch, but you can time it for yourselves, go full screen and hit start on your cell phone stop watch...... I do not not usually get excited, but this has impressed me, its a 2 tonne car for christs sake!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_AtRioAkNc
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post
    Hi chaps,

As you know I have been very happy with my unit20 tuned car, Grizz is without a doubt a scholar and a gentleman, and if he were in Germany he would be Doctor Grizz or Professor Grizz.
    I needed to get the box (TCU mapped as I was sure that I was not getting the full potential form the car under acceleration, or my concern about bolloxing up anopther box!

The result is astonishing. This was recorded and timed by my mate on a stop watch, but you can time it for yourselves, go full screen and hit start on your cell phone stop watch...... I do not not usually get excited, but this has impressed me, its a 2 tonne car for christs sake!!!

Wow ,, another gift from Grizz

First congratulations cornishmoocher and happy you got what you wanted

Please advice whether this MTM TCU map or custom one and if it possible to mention the cost here on in PM as I'm thinking seriously to do this soon. Also what other few bits you done ?
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

Wow

Wow!:bigeyes:

Hi chaps,

Hi chaps,

Dude, I seriously just messed myself!

Is it a Grizz special TCU? Also, what kind of 0-60 where you pulling without the TCU? Amazing!

Grizz, we need details! How much!

The map is a custom code box map, that raises shift points by 300rpm and allows more torque to be usefully used. Before my 0-60 was about 4.2 secs....... Thats as much as I can say about it as I know no more! But the results are obvious.

I am very happy with my car in general now. For some reason my car produces more power and more torque than most equivilent tuned cars. Guess i ma lucky!

My plots.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	surrrey rr 1.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	8086  

The map is a custom code box map, that raises shift points by 300rpm and allows more torque to be usefully used. Before my 0-60 was about 4.2 secs....... Thats as much as I can say about it as I know no more! But the results are obvious.

I am very happy with my car in general now. For some reason my car produces more power and more torque than most equivilent tuned cars. Guess i ma lucky!
    Guess I never noticed where the RS6 shifts since it is an auto, so what was it previously shifting and there now?

Is the shift program only for grizz custom tune or will the TCU work with any ecu software?

Awsome performance! I really wished I was in the UK

I never use the auto, always tippy flappy mode....... Allows much more control.

I expect Grizz could send you a TCU, but you would need to replace it with yours.

So what RPM does the car shift at now?

I'll contact Grizz about the tcu

Hits the rev limiter every time @ about 7400rpm.....

Nice video!

Just curious, why does it look like the car is still being shifted at the factory 6800-6900 RPMs in the video? Why is your CEL on?

2003 Audi RS6
    11.59 @ 118.63 | Video | Timeslip
    Mods: No pre-cats & my own custom tuned ECU/TCU. That's it!

2000 Audi S4
    10.73 @ 132.76 | Video | Timeslip
    Mods: K04s + bolt-ons + weight reduction (bone stock motor!)

Could you please do a 0-200km/h run? That I really want to see!

I changed gear or short shifted, the point is, the box can now deal with the torque which has produced the results. You actually do not want to hit the limiter, it slows you down! but trust me, it will. If you look at my other vid on YT how to Fck up yer.. you can hear the limiter cuting in all the way up to 3rd gear......

How does raising the redline extend the usuable torque? I would think that since the torque curve starts to fall well before the stock redline, that it wouldn't give any benefit to go above the redline. Also, I'm surprised that just switching the TCU map alters your 0-60 time much, since that's only one shift. I'm not trying to sound snarky, and I can't argue with the results, I'm just trying to understand exactly the mechanics behind it.

I dony know is the answer! It was the best i could come up with to explain the improvement! :blush:
    The box would slip and hunt before, it does not now, you can feel it accelerate "harder" for want of a better word, its like you are putting ALL of the power down rather than most.... Perhaps Grizz can explain....

7400rpm???

Standard rev limit on the RS6 is ~6600 rpm and I say approx because it closes the throttle so sometimes its ~6400,~6500 and ~6600 but 7400rpm is alot more than ~300rpm increase.

Would also be concerned of piston speed and loading on the con-rods at that rpm

Well, mine has alway revved a lot more than 6400 or even 6600. And now it goes even higher, it may be 7300 or 7400, TBH i was looking at what i was hurtling towards at 100mph and not paying a huge amount of attention to the needle other than a glance.
    If my rev limiter ever cut in at 6600rpm, it would be back with grizz finding out why.
    The rods and pistons will be fine- its a cosworth built lump.

That is seriously quick for the old beast, congratulations!

I'd like to see a 0-200 km/h time if possible!