Thread: Inuit Pearleffeckt, Pantherblack Crystal Effect, and Audi Exclusive

Inuit Pearleffeckt, Pantherblack Crystal Effect, and Audi Exclusive

I have seen the Suzuka Grey Metallic white, but instead I am interested in a pearl white R8. I have seen a few mentions on the forums regarding a new color called Inuit Pearleffeckt. In one place the code was said to be L0H9, and in another place it was said to be 9K9K. I also read that the color was available on the Audi TT.

So I emailed Audi Exclusive to specify this color, and I got a response that it is "not available for the R8, TT, or other Audi cars."

I am hoping that either I got the code wrong, or the Audi Exclusive database is out of date. KresoF1: I think I heard about this Inuit Pearleffeckt from you first. Do you have any suggestions for me?

There is another color I read about on the forum called Pantherblack crystal effect that was reported to use Xirillac and Colorstream pigment technologies. Can this be confirmed? I wanted to ask Audi Exclusive about this color too, but have not seen a color code for it yet. Anybody know the color code?

Lastly, I wonder how I am ever going to arrange to see physical samples of Inuit Pearleffeckt and Pantherblack. I could probably pay a paint shop to shoot me some samples. I believe they are both Glasurit paints.

Quote Originally Posted by 0000R8 View Post
    I have seen the Suzuka Grey Metallic white, but instead I am interested in a pearl white R8. I have seen a few mentions on the forums regarding a new color called Inuit Pearleffeckt. In one place the code was said to be L0H9, and in another place it was said to be 9K9K. I also read that the color was available on the Audi TT.

So I emailed Audi Exclusive to specify this color, and I got a response that it is "not available for the R8, TT, or other Audi cars."

I am hoping that either I got the code wrong, or the Audi Exclusive database is out of date. KresoF1: I think I heard about this Inuit Pearleffeckt from you first. Do you have any suggestions for me?

There is another color I read about on the forum called Pantherblack crystal effect that was reported to use Xirillac and Colorstream pigment technologies. Can this be confirmed? I wanted to ask Audi Exclusive about this color too, but have not seen a color code for it yet. Anybody know the color code?

Lastly, I wonder how I am ever going to arrange to see physical samples of Inuit Pearleffeckt and Pantherblack. I could probably pay a paint shop to shoot me some samples. I believe they are both Glasurit paints.
    What is the reason for delay of Inuit Perleffekt? I currently do not know since TT RS in Geneva was in that color... Maybe Qisha could help here?

9K9K Inuit Perleffekt OH9(first code 9K9K is Audi's order code, last code OH9 is color internal code for paint system-Glasurit for example)

and

H8H8 Panterschwarz Perleffekt Z9Z

are both new colors. Panter is option for A8. Both are in Galsurit internal system for some time now...

Quote Originally Posted by 0000R8 View Post

What's about these pigment technologies?thanks

The Audi TT Shooting Brake Concept, and Q7 Coastline Concept are painted in Inuit Pearleffeckt.

http://www.cartype.com/pics/6431/ful...tline_show.jpg

It has still not got an OK from Audi Quattro GmbH-division. Things can change from one day to another.

The Inuit is a great color but still lacks a little deep. The Suzuka is way more raw, the Inuit is elegant. Itīs all a matter of preferences. One of the R8 V10 at Geneva was in Suzuka Grey and it looked fabolous!
    MTM RS6-R MY09 Suzuka Grey
    LP570-4 Performante MY11 Balloon White

Dear Friends,

Inuit white pearl has no clearance for production cars by the quality assurance . The color used on these show cars is applied in three layers and the high quality policy is not fully pleased with the outcome to assure customer satisfaction. Plus at the moment is is not within the range of Audi exclusive price option.

Will take some time...

Qisha

I found that info about Xirillac and Colorstream pigment technologies

http://www.emdchemicals.com/pigments....asp?Page=1019

How about H8H8 Panterschwarz Perleffekt Z9Z or Lambo Balloon White?

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

Inuit white pearl has no clearance for production cars by the quality assurance . The color used on these show cars is applied in three layers and the high quality policy is not fully pleased with the outcome to assure customer satisfaction. Plus at the moment is is not within the range of Audi exclusive price option.

Will take some time...

Qisha
    Hi Qisha - Thanks for the detailed explanation. It really helps me understand the process. I will be patient and see if Inuit Perleffeckt gets approved before I place my order.

What about H8H8 Panterschwarz Perleffekt Z9Z? Has it been approved? It is FANTASTIC to see some Colorstream pigments being used.

I wonder if quattro GmbH has a spreadsheet or list of color choices. I have seen the paint chips at Audi Exclusive in Germany, but there are others that can be chosen. For example, Suzuka Grey is not in the color sample board, but is available. I've also been told that you can pick colors from other VW group members such as Bentley, VW, Porsche, etc.

In fact, Lamborghini has a white called Balloon White that would also be great for me. It has much more sheen than Suzuka Grey which is what I am looking for. Qisha: Do you think Balloon White is possible?

Thanks!

It has been about a year now. Any chance Audi Exclusive offers Pearl White yet?

I did see this one Audi Exclusive Pearl White TT: http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_4903.shtml

Suzuka Grey is my second choice. I love the color, but it lacks depth.

No Pearl White yet (well, at least as of Jan 2010) - I even went to Benz, Lambo, Bentley as they can do all their colors as well. No good Pearl White.

I tried to get this color through Audi Exclusive as well and got the same "not available yet." Its a different process apparently with a different primer or something? They gave me techincal reasons why it isnt available, but bottom line is no.
    2008 Sprint Blue/Silver RS4 Cabriolet, 2009 Space Gray/Tobacco BMW X5 Xdrive35d
    2010 R8 V10 Velvet Purple/Alabaster White-Black

there used to be a pearlescent white that was available on the B5 S4, A6, and A8. i do recall audi stopping p[roduction of it because it was hard to paint right and cost lots of money. repair matching was a pain too.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Whats the news on Inuit? I think it is avaible now as i found a (non-show) picture of the car on this website

http://www.vag-tips.nl/r-series/r8

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Whats the news on Inuit? I think it is avaible now as i found a (non-show) picture of the car on this website

http://www.vag-tips.nl/r-series/r8
    Not ready for the ordinary customers. The dealer confirmed me that when I ordered my Q7 since 5 months ago.
    Suzuka grey matte coming soon!

Makes me wish we were not ordinary

Very, very, very strange Audi didnt sort it out with the Inuit Weiss yet. It has been over 2 years soon...... Whats the problem!??????
    MTM RS6-R MY09 Suzuka Grey
    LP570-4 Performante MY11 Balloon White

Q7 Coastline Concept are painted in Inuit Pearleffeckt.