Thread: RS4 vs EVO 9 video

RS4 vs EVO 9 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DurO0c75RrA&hl=el
    Evo reaches 280 km/h.What is evo's horsepower?Any experience anyone?

On the track, the Evo is a much better match for a RS 4. On the Autobahn... no way. Cars weight within 300lbs of each other but a stock Evo is 300hp vs 420 of Audi's. Can't compete on the straights with that.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Benman View Post
    On the track, the Evo is a much better match for a RS 4. On the Autobahn... no way. Cars weight within 300lbs of each other but a stock Evo is 300hp vs 420 of Audi's. Can't compete on the straights with that.

Ben
    I agree.Stock EVO IX has v max (GPS measured by magazines) about 245 km/h.The Evo's tacho in video shows 280 km/h.So does anybody here is an EVO owner to estimate the horsepower of this EVO?This is not a stock EVO IX for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post
    I agree.Stock EVO IX has v max (GPS measured by magazines) about 245 km/h.The Evo's tacho in video shows 280 km/h.So does anybody here is an EVO owner to estimate the horsepower of this EVO?This is not a stock EVO IX for sure.
    In the UK the EVO can be purchased in a range of states of tune, from 300hp up to 360hp. I would reckon that it would take at least the 360hp to reach 280km/h but as I am unaware as to whether the rear spoiler causes any down force I don't know if additional power would be needed to reach that speed.

It's still a very quick car that on the track and on a back road will embarrass any RS4, M3 or the like costing a heck of a lot more. Shame they have an interior quality that even the French and Americans can laugh at, you really need to be committed to the brand and the lifestyle to consider owning one of these.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    In the UK the EVO can be purchased in a range of states of tune, from 300hp up to 360hp. I would reckon that it would take at least the 360hp to reach 280km/h but as I am unaware as to whether the rear spoiler causes any down force I don't know if additional power would be needed to reach that speed.

It's still a very quick car that on the track and on a back road will embarrass any RS4, M3 or the like costing a heck of a lot more. Shame they have an interior quality that even the French and Americans can laugh at, you really need to be committed to the brand and the lifestyle to consider owning one of these.
    A friend of mine has an EVO IX with ralliart ECU tune on it,aftermarket filter and exhaust (catalyst back) on it.He sees 275-270 km/h on tacho and claims about 380 PS for his car. I wanted a second opinion from other EVO owners.

Maybe it is Evo IX FQ-350 or FQ-400 (numer is amount of hp) not sure, but i know that FQ-400 has 3,5s from 0-60...so it might be this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Rug View Post
    Maybe it is Evo IX FQ-350 or FQ-400 (numer is amount of hp) not sure, but i know that FQ-400 has 3,5s from 0-60...so it might be this one?
    In Greece there are not officially models as FQ 350 or 400.

Quote Originally Posted by Rug View Post
    There use to be a FQ400 but it was dropped in the new model, I guess it's all or nothing power delivery was reckon to be not what people wanted. Unless it an importer option or something the factory has cooked up I doubt it's available any more.
    Search and you will find the truth.

It should be close to 400hp to reach those speeds in my opinion.

Each tacho "lies", cheaper car = more inaccurate tacho. If it displays 280, I would say not more than 260-265 km/h.
    Generally, allready on 100kmh, tacho lies for 5kmh.

Completely forgot about the FQ series (FQ-360 as well) as we don't get them here. Still will not match straight line top end speeds of RS cars.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ruergard View Post
    It should be close to 400hp to reach those speeds in my opinion.
    I agree.

That short clip was filmed in Romania, the EVO had full exhaust and ECU mods, something arround 350+ hp if I'm not mistaken.
    2007 RS4 V8 - best NA car ever owned
    2006 GOLF R32 - 405 hp HGP TURBO - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    That short clip was filmed in Romania, the EVO had full exhaust and ECU mods, something arround 350+ hp if I'm not mistaken.
    Very interesting info!thanks.Is the RS4 in the video yours?Is it delimited?

No, the RS4 is not mine and unfortunatelly I don't know if it's delimited or not, but it sure looks like it is.
    2007 RS4 V8 - best NA car ever owned
    2006 GOLF R32 - 405 hp HGP TURBO - SOLD