Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New tranny...

New tranny...

Well it was only starting to act up but i'm validated again that if you ever feel a lack of boost or hesitation in acceleration although you are applying even pedal input good chance its related to the transmission and torque converter. At 74K this is transmission number three. I took the car in for an airbag light but had been noticing some bad downshifts and a hesitation on full throttle. Turns out the service guys agree my transmission is going. Glad i have a nice Q7 loaner as they prepped me for a lllloooonnnngggg replacement. Need to finally call A of A about my car to see if they will extend my CPO as after almost 4 years of owning this thing it will have spent after this 6 months of its life with me at the dealer. If anyone has the customer advocate number for RS6 owners still if they could post it for me.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Maybe not CPO but Fidelity.

Is it only between shifts?

Does it come and go...off/on? Power

Clarify more about which gear and speeds this all happens?

Yeeeeks you need warranty more than ever before.

Good time to do the timing belt and 75k service

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Well it was only starting to act up but i'm validated again that if you ever feel a lack of boost or hesitation in acceleration although you are applying even pedal input good chance its related to the transmission and torque converter. At 74K this is transmission number three. I took the car in for an airbag light but had been noticing some bad downshifts and a hesitation on full throttle. Turns out the service guys agree my transmission is going. Glad i have a nice Q7 loaner as they prepped me for a lllloooonnnngggg replacement. Need to finally call A of A about my car to see if they will extend my CPO as after almost 4 years of owning this thing it will have spent after this 6 months of its life with me at the dealer. If anyone has the customer advocate number for RS6 owners still if they could post it for me.

Here's the phone number:

1-866-892-2834

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Is it only between shifts?

Does it come and go...off/on? Power

Clarify more about which gear and speeds this all happens?

Yeeeeks you need warranty more than ever before.

Good time to do the timing belt and 75k service
    Thats part of my smile ear to ear right now is i will get the belt done too (if they cut enough of the price) when it is all out. I'll negotiate that once they confirm what the exact repair is that they are going to do. Oh and i am nervous about going off warranty but i waited too long to pick up another policy but at least now i will have a 12K 12 month parts warranty on the tranny fix so it gives me some relief.

If I am accelerating hard I would get a slight slipping sensation, usually in second gear or just after the 1 to 2 shift...in other words the engine is reeving up like normal its gone to the next gear but i don't seem to be moving at the same rate then it would take hold gently so a slow full engagement (or reallllly long slip) of the TC to the gear...didn't happen at a shift necessarily. Also under hard acceleration again in the 1 to 2 then 3 gear range I would get a slight stutter in the engine so very quick drops in boost as if a blow off valve was screwing up or a leak somewhere in the boost, but real quick drops. I think again related to the trans telling the engine to drop boost.

Where i really noticed a problem though is rolling up to a stop light it would shift into neutral then a long pause before an abrupt shift into first.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    Here's the phone number:

1-866-892-2834
    Thanks Copper...this will be a fun call.

Thanks, that makes more sense.

I wanted to let you know that I got a call from AoA today. They called me out of the blue to fix my DRC asap. Long story short...I made no formal complaint just RS6.com posts. AoA tracked me down, amazing.

There is some hope here for Audi. I will keep everyone informed.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Thats part of my smile ear to ear right now is i will get the belt done too (if they cut enough of the price) when it is all out. I'll negotiate that once they confirm what the exact repair is that they are going to do. Oh and i am nervous about going off warranty but i waited too long to pick up another policy but at least now i will have a 12K 12 month parts warranty on the tranny fix so it gives me some relief.

If I am accelerating hard I would get a slight slipping sensation, usually in second gear or just after the 1 to 2 shift...in other words the engine is reeving up like normal its gone to the next gear but i don't seem to be moving at the same rate then it would take hold gently so a slow full engagement (or reallllly long slip) of the TC to the gear...didn't happen at a shift necessarily. Also under hard acceleration again in the 1 to 2 then 3 gear range I would get a slight stutter in the engine so very quick drops in boost as if a blow off valve was screwing up or a leak somewhere in the boost, but real quick drops. I think again related to the trans telling the engine to drop boost.

Where i really noticed a problem though is rolling up to a stop light it would shift into neutral then a long pause before an abrupt shift into first.

Thanks, that makes more sense.

I wanted to let you know that I got a call from AoA today. They called me out of the blue to fix my DRC asap. Long story short...I made no formal complaint just RS6.com posts. AoA tracked me down, amazing.

There is some hope here for Audi. I will keep everyone informed.
    LOL. Not really Dave, They just want you to change your tune. Just like the guy over on Audiworld who was screaming Class Action. Remember, these guys are good. Find the wheel thats making the most noise, add grease, no more noise.

MM
    I called the person who sold me my fidelity warranty on your behalf to see what she could do for you. She is off until tomorrow. I will let you know what kind of number she comes up with.

I can understand. Its funny because I have had other members contact me off list about DRC issues. I have helped put together DRC arguments for these folks. I dont think Audi knows about that stuff. In the end, we all need to be informed and make good reasonable decisions.

The more noisy wheels...the better. Just make sure you choose your fight and squeal for the right reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    LOL. Not really Dave, They just want you to change your tune. Just like the guy over on Audiworld who was screaming Class Action. Remember, these guys are good. Find the wheel thats making the most noise, add grease, no more noise.

Registered User allwheelsdriven's Avatar
    its these kinds of posts that makes me wonder what if Lexus made this car with all the same specs...I'll bet it would never break

Toyota used to make performance. That is now dead in search of the perfect Camry. Volume and margins. Period. (Owned 6)

Lexus became just a fancy version of Toyota. Volume and margin again. The cars have hardly changed in 10 years. (Owned 5)

RIP to Toyota. Vensa or what ever its called. Ha, its a Camry with 2,000lbs of added weight and 15,000 of added cost. POS

Its a toss up right now to see if AMG or RS keeps our business. My wife really likes her E55.

Edit: Oh yeah, IS-F. Ha, I drove one. Its as ugly as betty, you must be kidding me.

I can deal with some trouble from time to time. Nothing on the road touches the RS.

Quote Originally Posted by allwheelsdriven View Post
    its these kinds of posts that makes me wonder what if Lexus made this car with all the same specs...I'll bet it would never break

After this RS6 it really goes dark for me when it comes to cars. I dont want a new one because I dont like dealing with dealers. I dont want a AMG, M, S, or any other high priced used car because they required warranties and that means you have to take the car in to the dealer, did I mention I really hate dealers. I really dont know what Im going to do. I guess Ill just keep driving my VDUB. Ill be able to get a VR6 4motion CC really cheap in 5 years.

Willie,

I hear ya. Hang in there and you will find a suitable Audi dealer for service. Just roll with the punches and keep searching. They are not all bad.

Very few items will need the dealer service.

I have a prediction. You will make so much money in 2009 that it wont be a problem.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    After this RS6 it really goes dark for me when it comes to cars. I dont want a new one because I dont like dealing with dealers. I dont want a AMG, M, S, or any other high priced used car because they required warranties and that means you have to take the car in to the dealer, did I mention I really hate dealers. I really dont know what Im going to do. I guess Ill just keep driving my VDUB. Ill be able to get a VR6 4motion CC really cheap in 5 years.

Willie,

I hear ya. Hang in there and you will find a suitable Audi dealer for service. Just roll with the punches and keep searching. They are not all bad.

Very few items will need the dealer service.

I have a prediction. You will make so much money in 2009 that it wont be a problem.

:-)

I think you are right.

just curious what you guys think of the new ctsV as a replacement? No quattro, but as far as I'm concerned, here in phoenix.. all the quattro does is add weight. the 3 days a year it rains I can always use my landcruiser.

556HP, and same motor as the zr1 making 80hp more tells me there's a lot left if i wanted to mod it. Never been in one, or even seen the new ones, but damn that's a lot of potential.

I saw the CTS-V leave the rear end sitting on the track w/o 556hp. I saw them overheat w/o all that hp. I saw them have electrical gremlins. If GM did not address the drivetrain issues I say stay away.

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    just curious what you guys think of the new ctsV as a replacement? No quattro, but as far as I'm concerned, here in phoenix.. all the quattro does is add weight. the 3 days a year it rains I can always use my landcruiser.

556HP, and same motor as the zr1 making 80hp more tells me there's a lot left if i wanted to mod it. Never been in one, or even seen the new ones, but damn that's a lot of potential.

cts-v is a VERY fun car. can't get over the shitty interior appointments though.