Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New tranny...

Well,

You better hurry if you want one.

Obama Motors has cut the nuts off of the CTSV. The first Caddy to run sub 8 minutes around the ring. Now DOA

With or without the prev problems. It was a fantastic idea. My good friend owns GM dealerships in Kansas...yes, they still sell in KS. Anyway, Caddy had to cancel production on the CTSV. The dealers are all up in arms because its actually something that will sell for sticker price. 65k

My buddy even went to the GM auction and got every V he could get his hands on. All sold before he could get back to the dealer.

Sticker price. MD's, business owners and local sports figures are all over the V's. Geez, why would you want that segment of the demographic. Why?

Lets face it. Cool cars are dead. Even if you can sell them for sticker price.

Sad

Quote Originally Posted by peiserg View Post
    just curious what you guys think of the new ctsV as a replacement? No quattro, but as far as I'm concerned, here in phoenix.. all the quattro does is add weight. the 3 days a year it rains I can always use my landcruiser.

556HP, and same motor as the zr1 making 80hp more tells me there's a lot left if i wanted to mod it. Never been in one, or even seen the new ones, but damn that's a lot of potential.

Obama Motors has cut the nuts off of the CTSV.....??? So the prez is respossible for GM's mismanagement?? Come on, these guys were too busy vacationing and getting fat bonuses instead of making sound financial decisions.
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

I love GM, but people are tired of high priced plasticy POS's. Have you looked at the fit/finish on a FORD lately? Crappy!
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    -------

We all better hope Audi does not some day say...

Well, we only sell 3,000 RS6s globally. It costs us 250,000 per car to make. We better close down Gmbh.

IMHO its about branding and standing up for the company. Make a statement and back it up.

GM has no brand identity.

Now, I will not say management was this or that. I will only say this. I dont know what GM stands for. Thus, GM has not done a good job.

Obama motors, well that comes right from the GM dealer. You will have to ask the task force why the V was cut.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopra View Post
    Obama Motors has cut the nuts off of the CTSV.....??? So the prez is respossible for GM's mismanagement?? Come on, these guys were too busy vacationing and getting fat bonuses instead of making sound financial decisions.

D, you're right with the identity thing. Just look at GM's European companys.

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    We all better hope Audi does not some day say...

Well, we only sell 3,000 RS6s globally. It costs us 250,000 per car to make. We better close down Gmbh.

IMHO its about branding and standing up for the company. Make a statement and back it up.

GM has no brand identity.

Now, I will not say management was this or that. I will only say this. I dont know what GM stands for. Thus, GM has not done a good job.

Obama motors, well that comes right from the GM dealer. You will have to ask the task force why the V was cut.

Thats easy. For the same reason the SRT8 is gone from Chrysler. It does not fit in the future of cars in America. Its not a Hybrid, electric, or gets 40 or more mpg. Big ol V-8's are done and if your V-6 is not fuel efficieint then it is done too. Just ask Chrysler, they dont have one car that can compete in this new CAFE world right now and they are scambling to find something that works. Hence the Fiat union.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CARS/rules/CAFE/overview.htm

We are all hosed in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    Thats easy. For the same reason the SRT8 is gone from Chrysler. It does not fit in the future of cars in America. Its not a Hybrid, electric, or gets 40 or more mpg. Big ol V-8's are done and if your V-6 is not fuel efficieint then it is done too. Just ask Chrysler, they dont have one car that can compete in this new CAFE world right now and they are scambling to find something that works. Hence the Fiat union.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CARS/rules/CAFE/overview.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Thats part of my smile ear to ear right now is i will get the belt done too (if they cut enough of the price) when it is all out. I'll negotiate that once they confirm what the exact repair is that they are going to do. Oh and i am nervous about going off warranty but i waited too long to pick up another policy but at least now i will have a 12K 12 month parts warranty on the tranny fix so it gives me some relief.

If I am accelerating hard I would get a slight slipping sensation, usually in second gear or just after the 1 to 2 shift...in other words the engine is reeving up like normal its gone to the next gear but i don't seem to be moving at the same rate then it would take hold gently so a slow full engagement (or reallllly long slip) of the TC to the gear...didn't happen at a shift necessarily. Also under hard acceleration again in the 1 to 2 then 3 gear range I would get a slight stutter in the engine so very quick drops in boost as if a blow off valve was screwing up or a leak somewhere in the boost, but real quick drops. I think again related to the trans telling the engine to drop boost.

Where i really noticed a problem though is rolling up to a stop light it would shift into neutral then a long pause before an abrupt shift into first.

where is your car at? mine may be going too.
    going 40mph, gave it gas, then pause, then thump! either tranny or TC slipping.
    2003 RS6 - forsale

The car identity thing is an interesting one. Being a new owner of a Nissan Maxima, they really push the image of the GTR as the top of the heap of all Nissans with ''The same DNA as the GTR" They sell those for sticker+ still and people will buy a 370Z that can't afford the GTR. I think this is smart marketing. It shows the market that "we lead with innovative products and engineering concepts that are applied to the "normal" cars". I honestly feel like driving a Nissan is less of a compromise as a brand for my daily driver knowing the Nissan, not Infiniti or some off-shoot of Nissan makes and markets the GTR. If I had purchased Toyota Camry, what halo car can I point to? What about Honda? GM has the CTS-V,GTX and ZR1 but the special car division is getting axed so now you can just point to the standard Corvette? Nissan could have gone the route of Toyota branding the halo cars under Lexus for the IS-F and the forever in prototype upcoming LF-A and branded the GTR as an Infiniti and no one would have blamed them. My hats of to them for making the GTR a Nissan. Smart marketing.

I was ready to go to pucker factor 10 switching to a Nissan Dealer for service. The center 12V plug didn't work for some reason when I bought the car. Since it was a demo with 7K miles on it I think the manager that drove the car burned out the unit. So I was at the dealer to pick up an iPod cable that was missing (again a demo). The got me the iPod cable in about 60 seconds no questions asked. I told them about the 12V not working. The Sales Manager personally takes my car up to the service bay, talks to the Service Manager and tells them to fix it right now. Service Manager says they have a full schedule today since I don't have an appointment (I'm thinking ah great here we go) but not to worry he will personally look at it right now for me. Service Manager pulls my car to the back area asks me to show him whats wrong looks for a bad fuse, nope, fuse looks good. Walks to the parts dept. fills out a form, walks to the back and grabs a new adapter and interface along with another fuse just to be safe. Goes back to my car, with a screwdriver and a few other tools and the parts. 15 minutes later its working again with all new parts. Hands me the key, shakes my hand and says sorry for the issue, anything else I need?

Amazing. I didn't fill out any paperwork or have to prove ownership or anything. The Sales Manager says take care of this guy he just bought this car from us two weeks ago and that's all he needed to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    MM
    I called the person who sold me my fidelity warranty on your behalf to see what she could do for you. She is off until tomorrow. I will let you know what kind of number she comes up with.
    Cool thanks...I'm at 74K which i though was kinda past anyone's comfort zone. Its birthday is July 22 of 09 for its 6 years in service date.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by terrytcl View Post
    where is your car at? mine may be going too.
    going 40mph, gave it gas, then pause, then thump! either tranny or TC slipping.
    Yep...you got issues...its at Continental in Naperville where it spends most of its vacation time relaxing in the back lot getting sun and the occasional massage.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

You know....I agree with the identity and halo car statement.

Thinking back to my Toyota days.....I lusted for the Supra and then Supra Turbo. I could not afford the Supra and purchased a Celica GT-S and then later got my Supra Turbo. Over the years we got comfortable and Lexus had us in the pocket. In the end...Toyota lost all halo cars after they killed the Supra Twin turbo...(I had one of those too). We have not owned another Toyota since. Lexus had a good run but nothing exciting was coming down the line and the ISF was POS.

I have owned 1 Subaru. Why, because Subaru finally brought over the STI to the USA. Again, the top halo car in the mark.

Hmmmm, then a trip to Germany and bam. We own a AMG and then my RS.

Interesting bit of history there. Sean...you have something.

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    The car identity thing is an interesting one. Being a new owner of a Nissan Maxima, they really push the image of the GTR as the top of the heap of all Nissans with ''The same DNA as the GTR" They sell those for sticker+ still and people will buy a 370Z that can't afford the GTR. I think this is smart marketing. It shows the market that "we lead with innovative products and engineering concepts that are applied to the "normal" cars". I honestly feel like driving a Nissan is less of a compromise as a brand for my daily driver knowing the Nissan, not Infiniti or some off-shoot of Nissan makes and markets the GTR. If I had purchased Toyota Camry, what halo car can I point to? What about Honda? GM has the CTS-V,GTX and ZR1 but the special car division is getting axed so now you can just point to the standard Corvette? Nissan could have gone the route of Toyota branding the halo cars under Lexus for the IS-F and the forever in prototype upcoming LF-A and branded the GTR as an Infiniti and no one would have blamed them. My hats of to them for making the GTR a Nissan. Smart marketing.

I was ready to go to pucker factor 10 switching to a Nissan Dealer for service. The center 12V plug didn't work for some reason when I bought the car. Since it was a demo with 7K miles on it I think the manager that drove the car burned out the unit. So I was at the dealer to pick up an iPod cable that was missing (again a demo). The got me the iPod cable in about 60 seconds no questions asked. I told them about the 12V not working. The Sales Manager personally takes my car up to the service bay, talks to the Service Manager and tells them to fix it right now. Service Manager says they have a full schedule today since I don't have an appointment (I'm thinking ah great here we go) but not to worry he will personally look at it right now for me. Service Manager pulls my car to the back area asks me to show him whats wrong looks for a bad fuse, nope, fuse looks good. Walks to the parts dept. fills out a form, walks to the back and grabs a new adapter and interface along with another fuse just to be safe. Goes back to my car, with a screwdriver and a few other tools and the parts. 15 minutes later its working again with all new parts. Hands me the key, shakes my hand and says sorry for the issue, anything else I need?

Amazing. I didn't fill out any paperwork or have to prove ownership or anything. The Sales Manager says take care of this guy he just bought this car from us two weeks ago and that's all he needed to go on.

supra's coming back...

Registered User allwheelsdriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    You know....I agree with the identity and halo car statement.

Thinking back to my Toyota days.....I lusted for the Supra and then Supra Turbo. I could not afford the Supra and purchased a Celica GT-S and then later got my Supra Turbo. Over the years we got comfortable and Lexus had us in the pocket. In the end...Toyota lost all halo cars after they killed the Supra Twin turbo...(I had one of those too). We have not owned another Toyota since. Lexus had a good run but nothing exciting was coming down the line and the ISF was POS.

I have owned 1 Subaru. Why, because Subaru finally brought over the STI to the USA. Again, the top halo car in the mark.

Hmmmm, then a trip to Germany and bam. We own a AMG and then my RS.

Interesting bit of history there. Sean...you have something.
    Great story that and the service experience at Nissan...there's hope

Funny it reminded me of taking my old Celica All Trac in for an oil change and the service advisor said after I told her I was bringing my Celica All Trac in for some service:

"Excuse me sir you must mean you have a Previa All Trac"

Me: "Um no its a Celica...I am aware that I am not driving a minivan"

Supra is not coming back after all. Toyota cancelled it already and Acura canned the NSX revival as well.

http://wheelsweekly.blogspot.com/200...cel-supra.html

http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-nsx-cancelled.html

Registered User allwheelsdriven's Avatar
    yeah unfortunately most of the country wants a Camry or SUV and puts about as much thought into buying it as they did their toaster...ugh

It only gets worse for Toyota. They just brought back the retired exec that took them down this path to run all US operations.

Toyota is toast....product mix is garbage....not one vehicle that interests me. Zero.

I mean its pretty funny. Years ago the products were so over built...you could take a Supra with 220hp and bump the output to over 500hp without touching the bottom end and cylinder head. You could take a 320hp Supra and bump the output to over 900hp without touching the bottom end and cylinder head. You cannot do that today because most engine assembly has gone to Mexico with substandard materials. All the big hp Toyota engines were always made in Japan. Always. 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    Supra is not coming back after all. Toyota cancelled it already and Acura canned the NSX revival as well.

http://wheelsweekly.blogspot.com/200...cel-supra.html

http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-nsx-cancelled.html

MM

I got you two good deals on your 74K RS6. 4/48 $5,691 and 3/36 4,855. $100 deductible on both. You can do cash or 18 month 0% finance. Let me know what you think.