Thread: R8 5.2 FSI vs 997 Turbo Auto Zeitung

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    i know one thing. there i a special, magical quality to driving the R8 that no current porsche can touch. this is a fact my friends. we are whoring too much on plain numbers if you ask me.

park the two side by side and give the choice of one to a regular person- guess wich one they take home?
    Chick magnet thing? Hmm...

I love R8, BUT I am not pleased with performance of my car. Few days ago I was overtaken by 997.2 Carrera S PDK. I pushed my R8 4.2 FSI as hard as possible, just I could not touch him...

When I had latest issue of Auto Bild Sportscar edition in my hands I wondered if test results of 997.2 CS are little bit overrated(0-200km/h in 14.3s!!!). Now, I know that new Carrera S PDK is that fast...

I still love R8 in both versions, but unlike most R8 fans I am aware of its(minor or not) shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    When I had latest issue of Auto Bild Sportscar edition in my hands I wondered if test results of 997.2 CS are little bit overrated(0-200km/h in 14.3s!!!). Now, I know that new Carrera S PDK is that fast...
    Seriously, 14.3s. That is incredible.

How do this compare to the manual 997.2 CS?
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Seriously, 14.3s. That is incredible.

How do this compare to the manual 997.2 CS?
    Manual is about 1s slower till 200km/h.

I drove 997.2 CS equiped with SPASM, PDK and SC Plus. Honestly, I am as impressed as possible.
    Simply said it is faster car then R8 4.2 FSI. Period.
    What I liked a lot is PDK is Sport D(Auto) mode. It works brilliantly here-best choice for dynamic daily driving. Standard PDK mode is good only for heavy traffic and slow down town driving. Sport Plus on the other hand is total attack mode for track driving. Gearchanges at rev limiter all the times, more agressive throttle bips on downshifts-fastest mode for the Ring.
    Most amazing thing is how good is PDK calibrated in D mode. In both Sport and Sport Plus I did not feel any need for M(manual) override!! Kudos to Porsche here-they nailed it.
    PDK is in my opinion the very best DCT currently on the market.

One other thing-I felt great in 997.2 CS. I did not missed my R8 4.2 FSI at all. That is not good thing at all...