Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: R8 5.2 FSI vs 997 Turbo Auto Zeitung

those are corches:-)
    videos are funny
    I imagine how would look R8 comparing to those cars

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    BTW, I think that R8 5.2 FSI is fast enough in straight line... Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdEe1BxW7HE Faster for sure then my R8 4.2 FSI...
    I agree with this
    Very quick!

Learned few things about AZ comparison. 997 Turbo is apparently at upper limit of power. Author of article is know Porsche fan. R8 5.2 FSI is much easier to drive very fast, for Porsche you need to be as Germans say Kenner-or experienced driver in good old english.

Order is resotred IMO-R8 5.2 FSI is the sportscar.

Learned few things about AZ comparison. 997 Turbo is apparently at upper limit of power. Author of article is know Porsche fan. R8 5.2 FSI is much easier to drive very fast, for Porsche you need to be as Germans say Kenner-or experienced driver in good old english.

Order is resotred IMO-R8 5.2 FSI is the sportscar.
    Looks like they agreed with me about the R8 being much easier to drive quickly, as is the case when it's compared to almost all other rivals. And I think RXBG said it best, we all seem to get hung up of the figures instead of the simple experience/thrill of the drive. I don't know whether the 997.2 has changed it's handling characteristics compared to the last model but if not then I (like yourself) would much prefer the Cayman/Boxster.

Moving off topic a little (sorry guys) but isn't it simply amazing that though the R8v10 seems to be able to match the LP560 in cornering ability and thrill, it also proves to be much better at coping with poor road conditions and is so much easier to drive around the limits of adhesion.

I don't think people give Audi enough credit as a world class chassis designer because they really are one of the best.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Looks like they agreed with me about the R8 being much easier to drive quickly, as is the case when it's compared to almost all other rivals. And I think RXBG said it best, we all seem to get hung up of the figures instead of the simple experience/thrill of the drive. I don't know whether the 997.2 has changed it's handling characteristics compared to the last model but if not then I (like yourself) would much prefer the Cayman/Boxster.

Moving off topic a little (sorry guys) but isn't it simply amazing that though the R8v10 seems to be able to match the LP560 in cornering ability and thrill, it also proves to be much better at coping with poor road conditions and is so much easier to drive around the limits of adhesion.

I don't think people give Audi enough credit as a world class chassis designer because they really are one of the best.
    frankly and fundamentally, the R8 is a better vehicle than the LP560 overall. period. you either get it or you don't (not you specifically- you know what i mean).

btw- newcastle. hell of a beer. you brits can make a good brew.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

BTW, I think that R8 5.2 FSI is fast enough in straight line... Check out this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdEe1BxW7HE Faster for sure then my R8 4.2 FSI...
    That's one thing for sure. But listen to it.. It screams! :bigeyes:

And this is an Audi, I'm still having it hard to see this!

Porsche TT vs. Audi R8, etc

Okay guys. Frankly, all (especially P-Car 997 TT and Audi R8) great cars. No need to get over excited. I think it depends on what you want or like in a car. At the end, nothing beats personal satisfaction. If you like raw speed, straight line/street light dwell, I doubt the R8 will do it for you.
    The P-Car (for me the GT3) has this mechanical precision, sense of being super-glued to the asphalt and switchgear solidity that is incomparable.
    But alas, you can't beat the "complete" sensation of driving the R8 (not the fastest car, good enough speed, but tremendous balance), the sense of occasion, the unique design and the Q factor.
    The winner: Porsche (the company, NOT the car) because at the end, they will make the long-term profits from the VW group (including monies we spend/will spend on R8's et al).
    Buy what makes you happy and enjoy it in good taste. Drive safely and respect other road users, including the guy in the Yugo. Peace.

I reckon it might be the case of Porsche having tweaked the factory car's boost a little...

A TT faster than a GT2...

Hmmmm.

On the street there has got to be nothing in it.

BTW, full test with measurements of R8 5.2 FSI is in new issue of German AMS. More tomorrow...

Hey Kreso, it has been awhile man ... how are you?
    I noticed you ordered a V10. Did you go for the manual or R-Tronic version?