Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New RS5 mule pics

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Engine is already decided. There is even a model code...
    We know that.
    Just the car will be a little bit outdated since its launch.

Look at new BMW 4.4l Bi-Turbo with 555hp. It's very interesting engine comparing to very close 4.2l Audi engine in size.

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    Look at new BMW 4.4l Bi-Turbo with 555hp. It's very interesting engine comparing to very close 4.2l Audi engine in size.
    Audi will respond to this engine, but not in RS 5...

We know that.

Here is the question for you-why is state-of-the-art NA 4.2 FSI HDZ an outdated engine?
    Because you are BMW fan? Or because you feel that current SOTA engine must be turbo?

How about this-one of the best engines currently on the market is 5000ccm V8 kompressor in Jaguar XKR. I have in-depth file about that engine and it is truly awsome piece of technology.

What BMW M did in X5/6M is simply Alpina like engine tuning, nothing more. Yes, it is good engine but, I do not think that it is something special... Only IMHO interesting BMW engine is in new 760i.

BS.
    Sorry.
    I rate the new 2.5 TFSI inline five cylinder engine 10x higher then every V8 engine Audi ever made.
    i don't like V8's never have never will.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Here is the question for you-why is state-of-the-art NA 4.2 FSI HDZ an outdated engine?
    Because you are BMW fan? Or because you feel that current SOTA engine must be turbo?

How about this-one of the best engines currently on the market is 5000ccm V8 kompressor in Jaguar XKR. I have in-depth file about that engine and it is truly awsome piece of technology.

What BMW M did in X5/6M is simply Alpina like engine tuning, nothing more. Yes, it is good engine but, I do not think that it is something special... Only IMHO interesting BMW engine is in new 760i.
    760i for me is underpowered...6.0L...544hp..ok for NA...but it's a biturbo engine... 4.4 biturbo is @ 555....

what is special about this Jaguar engine?
    and 760i also? doesn't it seem underpowered?

We know that.

I don't understand how you could class the RS5 as outdated with a N/A engine. Almost all the supercars on sale today are N/A powered and only a handful are as advanced as the engine destined for the RS5.

Now if you were to say that a N/A engine wasn't a product of the current thinking caused by environmental reasons then I would agree with you, but rested assured the new engine is the most advanced of it's type and well ahead of anything that BMW or Mercedes are producing.

I'm starting to consider the very real possibility that the RS5 and RS4 will run totally different engines. The RS5 only being around for 2 possibly 3 years and running a N/A engine with the RS4 being introduced as the RS5 approaches the second half of it's production cycle and using a new 4.0L either Bi-turboed or supercharger unit.
    Search and you will find the truth.

it will be N/A in the RS5. decision made some time ago. engine HAD to be able to go into the R8, the RS5 handling is THAT good.

R8 successor will accept a TT powerplant. current design needs enormous reengineering to do so- even the venturi vents on the roof won't cut it.

planning now will allow audi to place a V8 TT or V6 twincharged gem of some kind into the next gayardo, R8, AND B9 RS4/5.

and yes- the B8 RS4/5 will use the same engine.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

That is alway's a problem with mid engined cars, to get the hot air out and enough cool air in.
    The best solution will be the new Supercharged engines they produce less heat then a twin turbo.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

what is special about this Jaguar engine?
    and 760i also? doesn't it seem underpowered?
    Jaguar 5.0L kompressor engine? It is the best mixture of refinament, power, torque delivery and layout for V8. As overall package together with SOTA 6speed automatic from ZF(collaboration between Jag and ZF) it is ultimate sports GT(or sport saloon in XFR case).
    For your info XFR did 0-200km/h in 14.3s in latest Auto Zeitung and lighter XKR is even faster...
    Also both engines fullfill EU5.

Same story about 760i. Point is not peak power, but overall package. At least IMO.

new jag komp engine is awesome. already thinking about upgrading our range rover supercharged to the facelift model with this engine. but decided to wait till full mocel change a la LRX in MY 2012...
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Too consumptive really.
    Eerything else - is nice & genious. It's an engine of modern day, not future one.

Jaguar 5.0L kompressor engine? It is the best mixture of refinament, power, torque delivery and layout for V8. As overall package together with SOTA 6speed automatic from ZF(collaboration between Jag and ZF) it is ultimate sports GT(or sport saloon in XFR case).
    For your info XFR did 0-200km/h in 14.3s in latest Auto Zeitung and lighter XKR is even faster...
    Also both engines fullfill EU5.

Same story about 760i. Point is not peak power, but overall package. At least IMO.
    Is it tunable one?:king:

Is it tunable one?:king:
    NO.

Just, let me ask you-who is tuning 100K € car?

I will keep my opinon about that person for myself...:eye:

Just, let me ask you-who is tuning 100K € car?
    Gemballa,
    MTM,
    AMG,
    Shelby

to name a few with like 1 second of thought.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Gemballa,
    MTM,
    AMG,
    Shelby

to name a few with like 1 second of thought.
    That is the wrong answer since my point is-who(person/owner) is tuning 100K € car?

Dear Friends,

there is a big difference between a tuner and a manufacturer. Please keep this in mind.

You can expect all AMG, M-GmbH and quattro GmbH products to be the most advanced product at the time of release within each portfolio and class. Not every product will match everyones taste or likes. We all need to get used to see different evolutions in the future...

As far as the RS5 is concerned, if you take it from the performance level, you can rate it between the M3 and M6. How ever this is achieved is a nice form of anticipation...

The RS5 and the RS4 will not share the same set-up... as there wont be a RS4 B8. Dont be sad the RS4 B9 will be beyond expectations... again in several ways.

I rate the BMW 4.4 Twin Turbo and Jaguars new Supercharged V8 both as the most advanced V8s on the market right now. A masterpiece of engineering would be a combined- twincharged engine...

Qisha