Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New RS5 mule pics

Hmm, apart from sexy looks, everything points to the RS5 being the RS showcase for how use all the new tech up their sleeve and is really worth waiting for - for Audi, first proper application of the DSG, a high-revving V8 with proper specific output and all the necessary works and the sport diff used as an advantage - not just an equaliser/neutraliser like in S4. So who cares if the C63 is marginally faster on the summer autobahn? Not me at least

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroFun View Post
    Hmm, apart from sexy looks, everything points to the RS5 being the RS showcase for how use all the new tech up their sleeve and is really worth waiting for - for Audi, first proper application of the DSG, a high-revving V8 with proper specific output and all the necessary works and the sport diff used as an advantage - not just an equaliser/neutraliser like in S4. So who cares if the C63 is marginally faster on the summer autobahn? Not me at least
    Me neither... no autobahn here anyway
    But I must say the C63 does have a nice look and an even better sound!

Some new pics from the track.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...udi-A5/239438/

Can't wait for that car

Opinion among motoring journalists seems to be divided about whether the RS5's engine is naturally aspirated or a twin-turbo. The truth is no-one really knows. Audi is being very tight-lipped about the spec.

When the latest RS4 model was released, Audi was similarly secretive. We all thought it was going to get a naturally aspirated version of the old 4.2 litre V8 lump not the new FSI version that was reported to be under development for the A8.

With the present economic and environmental climates, continued use of the naturally aspirated 4.2 V8 FSI doesn't seem to make sense. In theory, a blown version of the same engine could achieve the same bhp with much better emissions and economy. So i am almost certain we're going to get a very pleasant surprise about the engine. Yes, I mean the 4.0 litre TFSI V8.

There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    Opinion among motoring journalists seems to be divided about whether the RS5's engine is naturally aspirated or a twin-turbo. The truth is no-one really knows. Audi is being very tight-lipped about the spec.

When the latest RS4 model was released, Audi was similarly secretive. We all thought it was going to get a naturally aspirated version of the old 4.2 litre V8 lump not the new FSI version that was reported to be under development for the A8.

With the present economic and environmental climates, continued use of the naturally aspirated 4.2 V8 FSI doesn't seem to make sense. In theory, a blown version of the same engine could achieve the same bhp with much better emissions and economy. So i am almost certain we're going to get a very pleasant surprise about the engine. Yes, I mean the 4.0 litre TFSI V8.
    I have been a strong vocal person regarding the belief it will be a N/A version of the existing RS4 but recent situations have raised doubts in this belief. It's almost certain that BMW's next M3 will be using some form of blown technology and many believe it will only be 6 and not 8 cylinders, I have heard the word KERS mentioned in magazines as a way of boosting the output without losing economy or emissions so maybe given this possibility that Audi are running two possible options for the RS5 and may decide right at the last minute.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I have been a strong vocal person regarding the belief it will be a N/A version of the existing RS4 but recent situations have raised doubts in this belief. It's almost certain that BMW's next M3 will be using some form of blown technology and many believe it will only be 6 and not 8 cylinders, I have heard the word KERS mentioned in magazines as a way of boosting the output without losing economy or emissions so maybe given this possibility that Audi are running two possible options for the RS5 and may decide right at the last minute.
    What engine would you ideally like to see in the RS5?

What engine would you ideally like to see in the RS5?
    The new R5T 2.5TFSI engine with 400+ hp.

Jarod.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    The new R5T 2.5TFSI engine with 400+ hp.

Jarod.

Why? Wouldn't such an engine make it no more than a TT with 4 seats? Surely, it's got to have a V8? or at least a V6?

This time round Audi can't make it light enough to really scale back on capacity or output so if they downsize to a V6 then it would need some serious boost, so in my opinion if it isn't a N/A V8 of seriously high revs it has to be at least 4.0L and blown.

I favour a supercharger because of weight and more instant response.
    Search and you will find the truth.

I think this time around Audi will go with 4.2l N/A. Next M3 will come with forced induction engine, but it is still some four years away. Merc's E coupe AMG will come with 6.2l N/A, so Audi bringing turbo engine to this class now would be some forward thinking, but we all know that Audi will be following the patern.

On closer examination, the cladding on the RS5 mule seems to reveal extended bodywork that is close to that of the RS6. Great. i like it, not just because it looks masculine and aggressive in the way a supercoupe should, but also because it echoes the original Quattro. in many respects, this car will indeed be an exact spiritual successor to the legend.

Andy BG, i object to your comment that Audi will follow the pack instead of lead it. I think the S4 has already shown that Audi is brave enough to do something different. None of us really knows what the RS5 has under its hood. But whatever it is, I don't think it is going to be a generic engine like the AMG 6.2 V8 lump. That engine is so 'old school'. Right now the VW group is making some of the very best engines IMHO. With the RS5 being some kind of flagship for the brand, an on a par with the R8, I think it'll pack something special and innovative.

On closer examination, the cladding on the RS5 mule seems to reveal extended bodywork that is close to that of the RS6. Great. i like it, not just because it looks masculine and aggressive in the way a supercoupe should, but also because it echoes the original Quattro. in many respects, this car will indeed be an exact spiritual successor to the legend. .
    And that would be complete with a R5T 2.5TFSI engine.

Jarod.

Engine is already decided. There is even a model code...

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Engine is already decided. There is even a model code...
    I know, but a man can dream nevertheless.

Jarod.

Andy BG, i object to your comment that Audi will follow the pack instead of lead it. I think the S4 has already shown that Audi is brave enough to do something different. None of us really knows what the RS5 has under its hood. But whatever it is, I don't think it is going to be a generic engine like the AMG 6.2 V8 lump. That engine is so 'old school'. Right now the VW group is making some of the very best engines IMHO. With the RS5 being some kind of flagship for the brand, an on a par with the R8, I think it'll pack something special and innovative.
    Ok, you have a point there, but I still think that RS 5 will feature 4.2 N/A.

Of course, I expect it to be SOTA N/A engine, possibly, one of the best N/As of all time... After all, I think that we can all agree that big, high reving N/A engines in serial cars are thing of past.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    Ok, you have a point there, but I still think that RS 5 will feature 4.2 N/A.

Of course, I expect it to be SOTA N/A engine, possibly, one of the best N/As of all time... After all, I think that we can all agree that big, high reving N/A engines in serial cars are thing of past.
    Based on former info i have, i would not buy a RS5 at all.
    It's a hodgepodge of former Audi parts and not the best one's IMHO.
    The car will not be cutting edge technology wise, to much old school.

Jarod.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    And that would be complete with a R5T 2.5TFSI engine.

Jarod.
    BS.
    Sorry.