Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New RS5 mule pics

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Are you meaning acceleration and topspeed or is it on the track. On the track I think that is a no brainer but highly doubt it will match or even get close to the RS6 in acceleration, maybe up to 80~90mph the two will be close but after that it's a war of horsepower and torque and the RS6 has way more of both to ever lose that battle. If the actual figures end up at 450ps and 460Nm then it will postion itself just behind the C63 but ahead of the M3, the big unkown is the S/Tronic gearbox and whether it will receive launch control and how it's gear ratios will differ from the S4, plus how different will it's shift mapping be, if they get all of these right with 7 gear being a true top speed and not purely economy then it might just pip the C63 in a drag race.

Will it out handle all of them? Again a no brainer.
    a big 2nd on everything.

will hand them their a$$es on the track. straight line- not as fast as the C63 or RS6 except if DSG is specially tuned. what i am really curious about is the fuel consumption. if audi can somehow eliminate the GG tax it'll say volumes about the quality of the engine/engineering...

i wonder if audi will introduce it before frankfurt.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Are you meaning acceleration and topspeed or is it on the track. On the track I think that is a no brainer but highly doubt it will match or even get close to the RS6 in acceleration, maybe up to 80~90mph the two will be close but after that it's a war of horsepower and torque and the RS6 has way more of both to ever lose that battle. If the actual figures end up at 450ps and 460Nm then it will postion itself just behind the C63 but ahead of the M3, the big unkown is the S/Tronic gearbox and whether it will receive launch control and how it's gear ratios will differ from the S4, plus how different will it's shift mapping be, if they get all of these right with 7 gear being a true top speed and not purely economy then it might just pip the C63 in a drag race.

Will it out handle all of them? Again a no brainer.
    It will be a big dissapointment for RS5 to be slower than C63 AMG:-)

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post

problem is C63 has enormous torque. cant overcome that with 330 ft/lbs and awd loss. on the other hand, mb is indicating it will be going for lighter less powerful cars in the future- so the next C63 will be lighter but not as fast perhaps.

C63 will win drag races, and only at triple digit speeds- so it'll be good for those redneck dragracers in dubai to post on youtube but not much else. i'll pass on the C63.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Back to your original question-will RS5 be faster then RS6?

Hope that Qisha will approve this... RS5 will be faster acceleration wise then R8 4.2 FSI. Why? Key words are new engine, AWD optimisation and S Tronic(in very sporty version).

R8 4.2 FSI and TT RS Coupe official 0-100km/h is 4.6s, RS5 will be faster...

Hint, just look at Panamera Turbo-PDK is doing wonders there in terms of acceleration. NO reason that sporty S Tronic do the SAME for RS5...

Track wise it will be faster then RS6, C63, M3 e92 and some other sportscars. It will be great car.

Oh, weight... It will be on current S5 level in worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post

Hope that Qisha will approve this... RS5 will be faster acceleration wise then R8 4.2 FSI. Why? Key words are new engine, AWD optimisation and S Tronic(in very sporty version).

Hint, just look at Panamera Turbo-PDK is doing wonders there in terms of acceleration. NO reason that sporty S Tronic do the SAME for RS5...

Track wise it will be faster then RS6, C63, M3 e92 and some other sportscars. It will be great car.

i expect audi will put the same engine in the 2011 R8. then it WILL be a matter of gearbox regarding acceleration times. it is possible it could be faster.. will be interesting to see.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    problem is C63 has enormous torque. cant overcome that with 330 ft/lbs and awd loss. on the other hand, mb is indicating it will be going for lighter less powerful cars in the future- so the next C63 will be lighter but not as fast perhaps.

C63 will win drag races, and only at triple digit speeds- so it'll be good for those redneck dragracers in dubai to post on youtube but not much else. i'll pass on the C63.
    I agree with you.

C63 is very fast on straight line(dry) acceleration. Just, it is not fun at all around corners, even with 030 Performance Package(LSD included).

Interesting - but R8 is lighter than RS5 - will this matter?

Interesting - but R8 is lighter than RS5 - will this matter?
    No, again, I am talking about S Tronic which is close relative to Porsche's PDK.

Of course, R8 5.2 FSI is class for itself here.

If everything is done right(little faith in quattro Gmbh) RS5 will be great car.

i don't see it being any lighter than the S5 honestly. with the upgraded suspension, et al it will have and weight loss here and there it'll break even. like the GTR, this car's major performance ingredient will be the transmission and sports differential.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

No, again, I am talking about S Tronic which is close relative to Porsche's PDK.

Of course, R8 5.2 FSI is class for itself here.

If everything is done right(little faith in quattro Gmbh) RS5 will be great car.
    If S Tronic is that good I believe you.
    But why don't you believe in RS5 being faster than C63?

RS6 is faster than E63 for example

Yes, RS6 is faster then old E63.

C63 fastest 0-200km/h is 14.2s... I think that RS5 will do 0-200km/h in 14.8s-15.2s....

BTW, RS5 point is not straight line speed(it will be fast enough in straight line-it is S Tronic forte...), BUT excellent overall drive dynamics. According to my info RS5 will be at least 1s faster around Hockenheim then current RS6 sedan. RS6 sedan time is 1:15,2min...
    It is the same time as C63 AMG(with 030 Package) and M3 Limousine.

Yes, RS6 is faster then old E63.

C63 fastest 0-200km/h is 14.2s... I think that RS5 will do 0-200km/h in 14.8s-15.2s....

BTW, RS5 point is not straight line speed(it will be fast enough in straight line-it is S Tronic forte...), BUT excellent overall drive dynamics. According to my info RS5 will be at least 1s faster around Hockenheim then current RS6 sedan. RS6 sedan time is 1:15,2min...
    It is the same time as C63 AMG(with 030 Package) and M3 Limousine.
    I haven't heard any word yet on it's possible Hockenheim time but expect it to post something similar to the (much lighter and better suited to this track) TT/RS. Where the RS5 will really score big time is on tracks where carrying speed through the corner is important and most corners are not overly tight, tracks like Silverstone and probably the ring. In fact I would go as far as say that if the RS5 doesn't break the 8 min barrier on the ring I will eat my shorts and post a picture of my naked butt on the forum. :blush: How embarrassing.

P.S.
    Kerso, your estimate for the 200km/h time is roughly the same as I am predicting, maybe even slightly quicker if Audi are playing silly buggers and being pessimistic with it's 'official' figure.
    Search and you will find the truth.

I haven't heard any word yet on it's possible Hockenheim time but expect it to post something similar to the (much lighter and better suited to this track) TT/RS. Where the RS5 will really score big time is on tracks where carrying speed through the corner is important and most corners are not overly tight, tracks like Silverstone and probably the ring. In fact I would go as far as say that if the RS5 doesn't break the 8 min barrier on the ring I will eat my shorts and post a picture of my naked butt on the forum. :blush: How embarrassing.

P.S.
    Kerso, your estimate for the 200km/h time is roughly the same as I am predicting, maybe even slightly quicker if Audi are playing silly buggers and being pessimistic with it's 'official' figure.
    Leadfoot, we will remember your promise in case it is slower than 8 mins time

BTW - it will be a little bit faster than M3 - and post times about 14.5 sec for 0-200. But it wouldn't be faster than M6 with 500 hp and roughly the same weight which posted about 13,5 secs.

leadfoot.

if you post such a pic you will be banned for life.

i already feel nauseated at the thought of (_)(_)

srsly- i think it'll be faster than the M3 coupe around the ring. and probably cost about the same.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

hahah easy to give out such a promise when you know that actually noone here wants to see your nude backside

I just can't wait to see this car, the specifications so far are comming up nicely.

If the weight is kept in check and the DSG is in there for real this thing will run four rings around some cars. :king:

P.S.
    you mean as pessimistic as with the official time for the r8 v8 14,9 sec up to 200 kmh, witch he hardly never reatched in any test...

few german test, Sportauto supertest 16,9 sec, ams test 15,8 sec.. etc

Quote Originally Posted by audi_ch View Post
    you mean as pessimistic as with the official time for the r8 v8 14,9 sec up to 200 kmh, witch he hardly never reatched in any test...

few german test, Sportauto supertest 16,9 sec, ams test 15,8 sec.. etc
    The R8 times are an oddity amoung recent Audi official figures for their cars and what road testers actually achieve. The RS6, S5, S4, TT/S among others have all proved capable of matching or bettering official times so I don't have a logical answer to the R8 times.

One thing I will say is that every car since the R8v8 have matched or bettered offiicial figures so I doubt thing will change from this any time soon. But if it makes you sleep better at night with the opinion that the RS5 Won't match official estimates (when released) and thus won't be quicker than the M3 then so be it.
    Search and you will find the truth.