Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: New RS5 mule pics

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    M3 DCT 0-200 km/h is about 15.5 sec
    M6 0-200 km/h is about 13.5 sec
    Well there you go, you have a 2 second window to play with.

OK, I predict the RS5 to post somewhere within 0.75 of the M3's time but at the very least it will break into the 14.?s. Oh and this time round you should see a sub 8 min lap.

I also expect it to command a 8~10% price premium over the old RS4 but be better specced to begin with.
    Search and you will find the truth.

not so sure about the pp over the old RS4- at least here in the US- where i expect it'll actually cost less with relatively full spec.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

M3 DCT 0-200 km/h is about 15.5 sec
    M6 0-200 km/h is about 13.5 sec

Normally, it is between 12.5 - 13 seconds for the M6 and the best time to 0 - 100 km/h 4.2 done by (i forgot the name) German Television program.

Did you watch this Artur?

http://www.drivers-republic.com/dr_t...64&area=videos

Not bad at all, for a car that has such great daily usability (i mean big boot space and usable rear seats) The M6 is 2cm longer than e60 M5 too...
    2006 M6 delimited, Sapphire Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutkowsky View Post
    Normally, it is between 12.5 - 13 seconds for the M6 and the best time to 0 - 100 km/h 4.2 done by (i forgot the name) German Television program.

Did you watch this Artur?

http://www.drivers-republic.com/dr_t...64&area=videos

Not bad at all, for a car that has such great daily usability (i mean big boot space and usable rear seats) The M6 is 2cm longer than e60 M5 too...
    You talk about ideal figures when you have your car just with all new supplies (oil, filters, etc) and on an ideal surface.

My figures are from everyday's life - because all cars usually are tad slower than ideal figures.

I don't argue - the best for M6 is about 12.5 - but if you try this tomorrow - you will achieve this time 0 out of 10. You will stay somewhere in 13,5 secs range.

Well, those times have been achieved so i don't see a reason why i shouldn'd get between 12.5 - 13 secs on good tyres?

Oh and my cars are extremely well maintained!!

You talk about ideal figures when you have your car just with all new supplies (oil, filters, etc) and on an ideal surface.

My figures are from everyday's life - because all cars usually are tad slower than ideal figures.

I don't argue - the best for M6 is about 12.5 - but if you try this tomorrow - you will achieve this time 0 out of 10. You will stay somewhere in 13,5 secs range.
    I see what you are getting at and in a way I agree with your thinking but I reckon it's the controlling the wheelspin that will determine the acceleration time and this is more to do with the rubber condition and the surface.

Maybe Rutkowsky can/is able to get consistent times from his M6 but I doubt even he would disagree that awd would take a lot of the chance out of achieving those times. I also doubt that a 12.5s time is achieveable more than 1 every 50 or so times (if at all) but I reckon the 13-13.5s is very achieveable for someone familiar with the car.

Are we in agreement that the M6 is quicker than the RS6 saloon to 200km/h, well if so I would still put my money on the Audi getting to 200km/h first more times than not and that is solely down to better traction and the element of chance taken out of the equation. The same advantage will be there for the RS5 against the M3 and C63 but as it will also be naturally quicker than the M3 and maybe on par or slightly slower than the C63 but because of awd it should win almost all battles against either.

In fact given it's superior pricing (in Europe at least) I would reckon quite a few owners/customers for the M6 may well decide on the RS5 instead because on almost every situation it will out handle and out perform the M6, never mind it's little brother.

How much does the RS6 sallon weigh? As much as i love the current RS6 - it won't ever be a car for a regular track days... Why oh why does it weigh 2 tons?? And no i can't get perfect launch in my M6 every time but i could see R8 being tested by Drivers Republic and achieved a dissapointing 5.3 seconds to 100km/h. Manufacturers better focus on developing tyre technology!!

Since i had S8 and RS6 i know that it is easier to achieve optimum traction in a 4WD car but i don't race much from stop (i hate the 'race' word!!) and if anything it is Autobhan - The M6 element!!!
    Last edited by Rutkowsky; April 30th, 2009 at 00:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I see what you are getting at and in a way I agree with your thinking but I reckon it's the controlling the wheelspin that will determine the acceleration time and this is more to do with the rubber condition and the surface.

Maybe Rutkowsky can/is able to get consistent times from his M6 but I doubt even he would disagree that awd would take a lot of the chance out of achieving those times. I also doubt that a 12.5s time is achieveable more than 1 every 50 or so times (if at all) but I reckon the 13-13.5s is very achieveable for someone familiar with the car.

Are we in agreement that the M6 is quicker than the RS6 saloon to 200km/h, well if so I would still put my money on the Audi getting to 200km/h first more times than not and that is solely down to better traction and the element of chance taken out of the equation. The same advantage will be there for the RS5 against the M3 and C63 but as it will also be naturally quicker than the M3 and maybe on par or slightly slower than the C63 but because of awd it should win almost all battles against either.

In fact given it's superior pricing (in Europe at least) I would reckon quite a few owners/customers for the M6 may well decide on the RS5 instead because on almost every situation it will out handle and out perform the M6, never mind it's little brother.
    I agree with you, but i hope that RS5 will be tad quicker than C63 as well:king:

Dear Friends,

the M6 is for sure the strongest candidate in the BMW lineup when it comes to acceleration. Nonetheless the goal of keeping the dry weiht slightly under 1.800kg (1.785kg best) is bought dearly. Combined with the love/hate look of the car you see the outcome looking at the sales figures. The weakest point is the Gearbox but this has been discused times and times before. Great car, not Supersport class but GT class, straight liner. Considering the fact, this layout is on the market since 2005 and engineering startet in 2001, i show my respect and tribute to this car.

Back to the RS5:

this time the RS5 has got to be seen within the GT class rather than a Supersport class- also. The has been appointed a while back and will be for sure the last one of its kind. Peformance as well as the look both are really exciting. You can assume that everything possible has been done when it comes to sound, performance and handling to achieve EU5 emission limitations as well as street homologation- out of the concept.

Performance is treated as "adequate" in comparison to the main rivals and they are -like said before- seen somewhere between a M3 and M6.

A sneak in the future:

better weight distribution, lower weight, latest forced induction, improved "economy", technical "gizmos"...

A word of advice:

better ready some diapers, the RS5 got that "have to change something" effect...

Qisha

So you're saying RS5 will be FI? Twincharged? Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    More like Supercharged.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The RS6 View Post
    Dear The RS6,

this is not tend for the RS5 but rather the upcoming generations...

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

the M6 is for sure the strongest candidate in the BMW lineup when it comes to acceleration. Nonetheless the goal of keeping the dry weiht slightly under 1.800kg (1.785kg best) is bought dearly. Combined with the love/hate look of the car you see the outcome looking at the sales figures. The weakest point is the Gearbox but this has been discused times and times before. Great car, not Supersport class but GT class, straight liner. Considering the fact, this layout is on the market since 2005 and engineering startet in 2001, i show my respect and tribute to this car.

Back to the RS5:

this time the RS5 has got to be seen within the GT class rather than a Supersport class- also. The has been appointed a while back and will be for sure the last one of its kind. Peformance as well as the look both are really exciting. You can assume that everything possible has been done when it comes to sound, performance and handling to achieve EU5 emission limitations as well as street homologation- out of the concept.

Performance is treated as "adequate" in comparison to the main rivals and they are -like said before- seen somewhere between a M3 and M6.

A sneak in the future:

better weight distribution, lower weight, latest forced induction, improved "economy", technical "gizmos"...

A word of advice:

better ready some diapers, the RS5 got that "have to change something" effect...

Qisha
    Qisha, thanks for the info

We see the RS5 being a competitor to C63 and M3. RS5 will be no1 among those cars.

M6 is a little bit higher and next generation will clearly compete with 911 Turbo, GTR, Gallardo and F450 in the terms of performance. On Audi side there is R8 V10 5.2 FSI to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

Back to the RS5:

A sneak in the future:

A word of advice:

Qisha
    The M6 is only amazing when view solely on it's straight line speed and acceleration ability. It's not a car that anyone instantly thinks about when handling is mentioned, but enough of the M6 it's a model that already on it's way out and the new one will be even quicker again than before so will move to a performance level well out of reach of the RS5.

P.S.
    I have my diapers on so bring on the RS5 now, I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    P.S.
    I have my diapers on so bring on the RS5 now, I'm ready.
    Incontinence problems.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    Incontinence problems.
    Haha!