Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS - 03 Avus RS6 w/ CPO Warranty

Registered User allwheelsdriven's Avatar
    i love the yellow...audi yellow is great

but as a client hauler....not so much

some of the best pics i've seen of these cars are able to capture how the rear "haunches" look on the car...the fender flares....that's one big thing that sets the car apart

That time frame is perfect.

Find some nice blacktop lot with lots of trees in the background.

Also find an area with blacktop and concrete walls painted a contrast color.

Quote Originally Posted by rs6 ltwt View Post
    try to catch the sun an hour before it sets....pics just pop

Andy, I'm happy to hear you sold your RS6. Sadly though, I was #2. You sound like you really maintained your car to the highest quality. The new owner is a lucky guy!

Meanwhile, I'm chasing an RS6 on the other coast and will post a thread looking for someone to ID the car. Thanks for your help.

Off it goes

Intercity picked it up today. Off to Jason in MS, who it turns out has been on this board too (as was Don).

I am bummed, but know I need to move on with all the miles that I put on my cars. I just don't like mega depreciation, so off it goes before I put another 10k on it in 4 months. I will def be back for another in the fall.

I ended up buying a 2005 Jag XJR. After having over 100 cars, it's my first Jag. I have driven it approx 65 miles so far. Reminds me of my MB S55 in the past. Big arse car that can move, handle and stop pretty well. Lots of coddling. But man does it not have any feedback or soul like an Audi or a Porsche.

I am not writing this because I am on this board. I am writing it to reaffirm what I have said all along: there may be other cars with (slightly) better performance specs here or there. However, there are no 4 doors, NONE, that have the finesse and feel of the Audi S (quattro GmbH) cars.

And to think...the company almost blew up due to the sudden accel farse (not intended to start another dialog, btw). Man we would have all been at such an unknown loss...

Confession: I have a nice Jag and Porsche in the garage, and I am sad to watch the RS6 go. Keep worshipping the cars guys...and know that I will probably be trying to buy one of yours in a few months
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	7932  

Andy, this is why I only didn't make a real effort to sell my car. Put it on eBay, didn't sell oh well, guess I have to keep it. I have owned many cars but I rarely get emotionally attached to them until the RS6. Liked my first one so much I bought a 2nd one.

I would be feeling the same way you are right now as well. I'll go put the miles on my new daily driver and keep the RS6 as a hobby car to drive around town. With all of the money I've spent to get the car set up to my tastes and make it perfect for me I'd be really, really bummed if it had sold. My wife's nudging me to try again and/or trade it for a new SUV for her (Range Rover Sport S/C) so I just lay low about the car and don't talk about it around her anymore. It's going to be expensive for me to keep it to the tune of a new SUV but hey, even that will be worth paying if I can keep my steath supercar.

FYI, I contacted Hagerty Insurance and they approved insuring the RS6 as an exotic hobby car without any issue with a $45K agreed replacement policy. Cost me $800 per year which is saving me almost $700 per year instead of using my standard Nationwide Insurance. Those of you using the RS6 as an extra car/hobby car may want to consider looking at Hagerty Classic Car/Exotic Car insurance. I've used them on my 65 Mustang, 71 Bronco and all of my BMW 850i cars with great results.

Still shopping wheels but I'm in no hurry.

Hmmm, the Hagerty info is good. I pay about 800/yr now but I dont know if AmFam will pay out 45k on the car. I may look into Hagerty. I didnt realize they would cover newer cars. I need to check on my Supra Turbo as well.

:-) on the RR. Maybe you could put some chrome wheels on the 4Runner to flash it up alittle.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    Andy, this is why I only didn't make a real effort to sell my car. Put it on eBay, didn't sell oh well, guess I have to keep it. I have owned many cars but I rarely get emotionally attached to them until the RS6. Liked my first one so much I bought a 2nd one.

I would be feeling the same way you are right now as well. I'll go put the miles on my new daily driver and keep the RS6 as a hobby car to drive around town. With all of the money I've spent to get the car set up to my tastes and make it perfect for me I'd be really, really bummed if it had sold. My wife's nudging me to try again and/or trade it for a new SUV for her (Range Rover Sport S/C) so I just lay low about the car and don't talk about it around her anymore. It's going to be expensive for me to keep it to the tune of a new SUV but hey, even that will be worth paying if I can keep my steath supercar.

FYI, I contacted Hagerty Insurance and they approved insuring the RS6 as an exotic hobby car without any issue with a $45K agreed replacement policy. Cost me $800 per year which is saving me almost $700 per year instead of using my standard Nationwide Insurance. Those of you using the RS6 as an extra car/hobby car may want to consider looking at Hagerty Classic Car/Exotic Car insurance. I've used them on my 65 Mustang, 71 Bronco and all of my BMW 850i cars with great results.

Still shopping wheels but I'm in no hurry.

Hello everyone, I am of course relatively new to this sight. Thanks to Andy, I am now the proud owner of an RS6. Seeing as this is my first ever new (used) car, I am totally excited to have found this website and all of the dedicated members. I have definitely found a ton of useful information on this site. Thanks again to everyone that posts. I plan to become a more active member now that I have officially joined the RS6 club.

Also, on an even better note. Thanks again to Andy for all of his help during this buying process. I can't say enough about the guy to let everyone know how helpful and courteous he is. Not only was this my very first car purchase, this was also a car purchase that took place over 1300 miles away without even seeing the car (I know, some people are like, "I would never," but again, Andy is a guy I never once had that, "this seems a little fishy" aura about him. Kudos to Andy though for all of the pictures and detailed information. This car was exactly as he described with not even one minor detail left out. I couldn't have asked for a better transaction from a better individual. So, to anyone else, if Andy ever attempts to sell a car on here again, do not hesitate. It is exactly as he describes it, with no minor details left out. Again, thanks to all on this board for all of the detailed posts and information, and to Andy, for allowing this "Beauty" to come my way.

And one more thing, are there any other RS6 owners in MS, I am curious to know if anyone else from the state has one??

Thanks!

Jason-

Holy cow! Thanks for the kind words.

I will be here still, and back with another RS6 in the fall. Awesome car, and yours in particular ;-) Good bunch of guys here too.

Side note: Intercity picked up teh car at around 2:30 pm on Friday, and it was delivered Monday morning before 11am. THAT is impressive.

Have a good week gang!

Andy