Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS - 03 Avus RS6 w/ CPO Warranty

Smile FS - 03 Avus RS6 w/ CPO Warranty

Hi. Silent observer here...so not many posts here. Anyway...

Selling my 03 Avus Silver with Black Leather RS6. I am a private owner. An adult owned, non-abused, exceptional condition RS6.

Options: Nav; Carbon Fiber int; Sound enhancing exhaust. 50,126 miles. Serviced by the book with records and history, including the big 35k service for the timing belt, etc. Recent Dunlops all the way around. Just into Audi dealer 2 weeks ago for 45k servie. Car was fully inspected and anything that was needed was done (as usual). Factory transferrable CPO (pre-August 2006) until 11/26/09 or 100k miles. No disappointments. All books; keys; Nav discs; and history.

If you are a serious buyer, you will come see it; have no regrets; and buy it. You can reach me on the east coast at 203-915-9005. $31,006/obo .

Follow this link for a ton of pics: http://2003rs6.shutterfly.com

(case sensitive)

Effective 3/22/09: on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

Thanks for your interest! Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	099.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	7831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	105.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	7832   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	110.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	7833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	7834  

You have 2 sets of wheels? Summer and winter?

Are those rims pictured OEM or aftermarket?

Sorry you have to sell the beast. Good luck, it looks clean.

Quote Originally Posted by rs6 ltwt View Post
    Hi. Silent observer here...so not many posts here. Anyway...

Selling my 03 Avus Silver with Black Leather RS6. I am a private owner. An adult owned, non-abused, exceptional condition RS6.

Options: Nav; Carbon Fiber int; Sound enhancing exhaust. 50,126 miles. Serviced by the book with records and history, including the big 35k service for the timing belt, etc. Recent Dunlops all the way around. Just into Audi dealer 2 weeks ago for 45k servie. Car was fully inspected and anything that was needed was done (as usual). Factory transferrable CPO (pre-August 2006) until 11/26/09 or 100k miles. No disappointments. All books; keys; Nav discs; and history.

If you are a serious buyer, you will come see it; have no regrets; and buy it. You can reach me on the east coast at 203-915-9005. $31,006/obo .

Follow this link for a ton of pics: http://2003rs6.shutterfly.com

(case sensitive)

Effective 3/22/09: on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

Thanks for your interest! Andy

Yes-

I have 2 sets of wheels. Summer and winter. The wheels that you see are OEM Audi RS6 winter wheels from Europe. They are the proper offset, but a narrower width (narrower is better in snow).

No problem selling... I am an Audi guy for the daily and Porsche for the toy. Since the advent of the S cars, it's been a fine line...LOL.

As I said above, I have been quiet around here for years. I always have a quattro GmbH (aka "S") car for my daily driver (and before the S cars, a 4000sQ and '91 Coupe Q).

I will have another in the garage when this is sold. Not leaving

Andy,

I have gone over to ebay and looked at your listing. I must say that you have presented the car very well and your effort at a proper description is noted. Not many folks take the time and effort to give such attention to a vehicle that is offered for sale. It must truly reflect the care and attention the car received over its ownership.

Cheers to you! And I just noticed you have owned a E55 as well. Funny, if you go out in my garage right now...there sits my Avus/Bla RS6 next to my wifes Platinum Blue/Gray E55. :-)

Dave
    03RS6 Avus/Black/Carbon

Dave-
    Kind words..Thanks!

Funny regarding the MB E55. Think we have a problem? The E55 is faster. But there is drama. And the handling and braking lack feedback. The Audi is a seamless reporter of what your contact patch is doing, while still being a year-round driver.

I have had the privilege to own many high performance cars through the years; it ultimately always come back to Audi has "figured it out"...they make 4 door Porsches.

Audi cars are fine instruments, rather than sledge hammers, when it comes to our daily driving surgery.

Andy

I agree 100% on the lack of handling and braking feedback from the E55. Sledgehammer yes, fine control no. But hey, asset values being what they are....the car was a steal.....my wife liked the color and I liked the sledgehammer ability. It reminds me of my past musclecars that would just peel and melt the rear tires at will.

RS6 is mine and she is a fine instrument indeed.

Cheers

Dave-
    Kind words..Thanks!

Funny regarding the MB E55. Think we have a problem? The E55 is faster. But there is drama. And the handling and braking lack feedback. The Audi is a seamless reporter of what your contact patch is doing, while still being a year-round driver.

I have had the privilege to own many high performance cars through the years; it ultimately always come back to Audi has "figured it out"...they make 4 door Porsches.

Audi cars are fine instruments, rather than sledge hammers, when it comes to our daily driving surgery.

Andy

SOLD! Datapoint

Thanks for noodling me Dave.

Okay guys; it's sold (or at least the funds are due to hit my account tomorrow).

Survey says..... $30,000!! Without the snows/snow rims.

Of course, Murphy dicated that I received two more calls after I had agreed to sell the car: one for $30k with both sets of tires and wheels, and the other for $31,000 with one tire set. eBay brought me 2 of the 3 buyers. 1 of those guys was also on this forum and AudiZine. And thanks to RS6 for the 3rd

I honored the first deal as "done" and did not accept the higher price, as I reckon anyone should.

All three of these folks were well-informed on RS6s, and knew the differences.

So quality gets recognized by the enthusiasts is my observation.

I can't believe how cheap RS6s are now. This has got to be the best buy in the universe... We are all biased but i mean seriously...A sedan that runs low 4s 0-60; corners like a cat; and stops like an anchor is dropped...seats 5...and can be driven every day; even in inclement weather?!

On to my next Audi hunt...

For all the guys that wanted the winter wheels...I am waiting to see what I get first...then I will be in touch if I elect to sell'em.

Thanks for all teh kind words too..

Good news to you! We'll see how mine does but I don't really care if it sells. I drove it today for a quick trip to the store and man this ain't no Nissan Maxima that's for sure. I forgot that you need to be pointed straight before you get on it. We have a turn-about in our area and coming out of the turn it flat out hauls beeehind. I'm not so sure that I'm too motivated to see the auction through.

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post
    Good news to you! We'll see how mine does but I don't really care if it sells. I drove it today for a quick trip to the store and man this ain't no Nissan Maxima that's for sure. I forgot that you need to be pointed straight before you get on it. We have a turn-about in our area and coming out of the turn it flat out hauls beeehind. I'm not so sure that I'm too motivated to see the auction through.
    Now that sounds more like it...you know you love it.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I second that notion!

Keep the car!

I have owned Toyota/Lexus and the top of the line LS sedans for too many years. There is nothing out there that comes close to the RS6 when its operating properly. I get all bent out of shape when DRC issues surface but the car is still fantastic!

With all the news of GM going belly up. Have you all seen the pics and vids of the typical GM assembly line? Now contrast that picture with the following Audi vid of a simple A4 assembly line.

I need say no more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeQ_M...layer_embedded

There is something to be said for employees all wearing the proper uniform and paying 100% attention to the job at hand. Not to mention everyone is clean shaven and look like they have taken the time to properly prepare for a days work.

It just looks professional and the pride of work shows. I mean come on, everyone wears a shirt that simply says AUDI and 4 RINGS. No ball caps, no concert tshirts, no ripped jeans, no pants hanging down to knees. I give up.

Now contrast to the typical US big three auto plant with UAW staff. You just dont see the same thing. Kinda sad but thats why there is a RS6 and a E55 sitting out in our garage.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Now that sounds more like it...you know you love it.
    Last edited by DHall1; April 1st, 2009 at 06:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Copper View Post

I totally would keep it if I were you. I burn through miles so I change cars frequently to avoid massive depreciation. If you're not in the same boat, just hang onto it. I may very well end up with another RS6 if I can buy it far cheaper than where I sold, and wind up with the same excellent quality that was (is) mine.

Nevermind the Maxima....there is nothing, NOTHING, in the way of sedans that compares. I do not care what you are referring to: from Maserati Quattroporte to Mercedes S65... Those cares *are* awesome in their own right. But the RS6 is flawless in its execution by providing excellent feel without fragility (see Maser).

I have had 2 RS6s now. This one is (obviously) leaving me with 50,6xx miles. The last one left me with 79,xxx miles. I feel compelled to note a subject that one of my buyer prospects who frequents this board noted: both of my RS6s did *not* have DRC or trans issues. None. Zilch. Nada. No changes before or during my tenure. And I suggested to the dealer at each service that there was a problem just to be sure (even though I was quite confident of no problem). Each time, as I knew, the RS6-special tech came out and asked me if i was just "playing it safe"...LOL...got me!

I have no doubt that the issues do exist. I am just puzzled why some have it and some don't. Both of my RS6s were flawless and daily driven. Sometimes quite fast. Again...I am just puzzled.

Know this though: I can tell you that all of the discussion herein has scared the heck outta some buyer prospects. We must have these discussions herein; so I do not know what to do. I am not advocating the silent treatment. But the car's' rep does suffer.... Perhaps it's a limited few of the RS6s that have issues? I do not know...

NOTE to Audi: Reinstate CPO transferrability and keep up with the solid PR campaigns such as the DRC support. That adds value...

NOTE to Fidelity: Stand on those warranty claims if you want to keep selling. That adds value...

I'll let you guys know what I buy

Congrats on your sale! No such luck so far on mine. I did lower the BIN yesterday and got my first response, but it was a low-ball offer (of course).

Take the time to market the car with alittle flair. It could be a longer prospect due to the color. Not a typical color for most of the folks.

Take notes from Andy's listing and Copper's.

Take better pictures in a more open and presenting environment.

IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow RS6 View Post
    Congrats on your sale! No such luck so far on mine. I did lower the BIN yesterday and got my first response, but it was a low-ball offer (of course).

Yeah, yellow is an interesting color for a car. Most people don't want it, but those that do - really want it! That's what it seems like to me, being a fan of yellow.

I hear you on more pics, but it just won't stop freakin' raining here! Georgia has been in a severe drought for most of the 3 1/2 years we've lived here, and now it won't stop. I checked the 10-day, and it looks like there'll be a break on Saturday, so I can get her all clean and take a bunch more pics - before it rains again Sunday

I do think we "scare off" a few people and we may be giving others bargaining chips. But overall, if the owners are into these cars with eyes wide open I feel we are protecting the long term base of the asset. Why? Because we are not letting these cars fall into the hands of folks that cant maintain them properly. Which in turn keeps "broken down" cars from getting dumped on the market and further dropping the comp values.

I see a clear break between "auction/no history" cars and "pristine well kept" cars.

All vehicles in this class are having the same drop in value.

All asset values are dropping like a rock. The more expensive...the bigger the drop.

I totally would keep it if I were you. I burn through miles so I change cars frequently to avoid massive depreciation. If you're not in the same boat, just hang onto it. I may very well end up with another RS6 if I can buy it far cheaper than where I sold, and wind up with the same excellent quality that was (is) mine.

Nevermind the Maxima....there is nothing, NOTHING, in the way of sedans that compares. I do not care what you are referring to: from Maserati Quattroporte to Mercedes S65... Those cares *are* awesome in their own right. But the RS6 is flawless in its execution by providing excellent feel without fragility (see Maser).

I have had 2 RS6s now. This one is (obviously) leaving me with 50,6xx miles. The last one left me with 79,xxx miles. I feel compelled to note a subject that one of my buyer prospects who frequents this board noted: both of my RS6s did *not* have DRC or trans issues. None. Zilch. Nada. No changes before or during my tenure. And I suggested to the dealer at each service that there was a problem just to be sure (even though I was quite confident of no problem). Each time, as I knew, the RS6-special tech came out and asked me if i was just "playing it safe"...LOL...got me!

I have no doubt that the issues do exist. I am just puzzled why some have it and some don't. Both of my RS6s were flawless and daily driven. Sometimes quite fast. Again...I am just puzzled.

Know this though: I can tell you that all of the discussion herein has scared the heck outta some buyer prospects. We must have these discussions herein; so I do not know what to do. I am not advocating the silent treatment. But the car's' rep does suffer.... Perhaps it's a limited few of the RS6s that have issues? I do not know...

NOTE to Audi: Reinstate CPO transferrability and keep up with the solid PR campaigns such as the DRC support. That adds value...

NOTE to Fidelity: Stand on those warranty claims if you want to keep selling. That adds value...

I'll let you guys know what I buy
    Last edited by DHall1; April 1st, 2009 at 16:26.

Thanks Andy "You da man"

Sean

+1 on Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Take the time to market the car with alittle flair. It could be a longer prospect due to the color. Not a typical color for most of the folks.

Take notes from Andy's listing and Copper's.

Take better pictures in a more open and presenting environment.

IMHO
    I think yellow is quite polarizing. So as Dave said, it may be a longer wait...but watch out when you find someone that loves that color. Your car will immediately sell. I quite prefer that rather than the sea of shade sof silver. So hang in there.

fyi - I used software at Carad.com, and went about it my own way. But it formatted things quite well. You definitely need to distinguish yourself from the dealers' cars. So I second what Dave said

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow RS6 View Post
    Yeah, yellow is an interesting color for a car. Most people don't want it, but those that do - really want it! That's what it seems like to me, being a fan of yellow.

I hear you on more pics, but it just won't stop freakin' raining here! Georgia has been in a severe drought for most of the 3 1/2 years we've lived here, and now it won't stop. I checked the 10-day, and it looks like there'll be a break on Saturday, so I can get her all clean and take a bunch more pics - before it rains again Sunday

try to catch the sun an hour before it sets....pics just pop