Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ran a new best 1/4 mile time of 11.59 @ 118.63 MPH!

Ran a new best 1/4 mile time of 11.59 @ 118.63 MPH!

I went back to the track last night and ran a new best of 11.59 @ 118.63 MPH. Changes I made since last time include more optimized tuning and the addition of a 2-step rev limiter. The 2-step lets me come out of the hole a bit harder and much more consistent. I was cutting 1.65 to 1.68 60fts all night!

I have a couple new ideas that I'm going to put to the test this week. My goal is to knock off the world's quickest RS6 which has ran an 11.438 @ 127.940. Located in Finland, that RS6 has modified turbos, modified intercoolers, nitrous oxide, etc. If I can best his time with my RS6 which has only 2 modifications, I'd be elated.

You can read more about my RS6 and the mods that I have in my other thread located here:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17986

Here's the timeslip:

2003 Audi RS6
    11.59 @ 118.63 | Video | Timeslip
    Mods: No pre-cats & my own custom tuned ECU/TCU. That's it!

2000 Audi S4
    10.73 @ 132.76 | Video | Timeslip
    Mods: K04s + bolt-ons + weight reduction (bone stock motor!)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post
    I went back to the track last night and ran a new best of 11.59 @ 118.63 MPH. Changes I made since last time include more optimized tuning and the addition of a 2-step rev limiter. The 2-step lets me come out of the hole a bit harder and much more consistent. I was cutting 1.65 to 1.68 60fts all night!

I have a couple new ideas that I'm going to put to the test this week. My goal is to knock off the world's quickest RS6 which has ran an 11.438 @ 127.940. Located in Finland, that RS6 has modified turbos, modified intercoolers, nitrous oxide, etc. If I can best his time with my RS6 which has only 2 modifications, I'd be elated.

You can read more about my RS6 and the mods that I have in my other thread located here:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17986

Here's the timeslip:

2003 Audi RS6

2000 Audi S4

I may have missed this elsewhere in other post, but... how much weight have you ( or do you ) remove from the car when running at the track?

These are very impressive numbers!

Steve
    "You have first to experience what you want to express" (V. Van Gogh)

Thanks a lot!

To answer your question, copied and pasted from my previous thread:

"My race weight with me in it was 4357lbs. That included my helmet, laptop, misc. tools (just in case), and a few other items. I did, however, remove the small inflatable, donut sized spare and portable air compressor. I believe both of those combine to weigh somewhere around 50lbs."

2003 Audi RS6

2000 Audi S4

Thanks a lot!

To answer your question, copied and pasted from my previous thread:

"My race weight with me in it was 4357lbs. That included my helmet, laptop, misc. tools (just in case), and a few other items. I did, however, remove the small inflatable, donut sized spare and portable air compressor. I believe both of those combine to weigh somewhere around 50lbs."

2003 Audi RS6

2000 Audi S4

You should consider coming down to the Texas Mile in the Fall, your car would do really well and get alot of attention IMO!

Steve

Never been to that event but I can imagine a sea of purpose built race cars that are 2000lbs soaking wet. I dont think our Quattro beasts are in a favorable element.

Mulholland was another story. We rocked!

Quote Originally Posted by SAFE4NOW View Post
    You should consider coming down to the Texas Mile in the Fall, your car would do really well and get alot of attention IMO!

Steve

Dave, our car exists somewhere in the middle. In Mulholland, the little cars were zipping away from us on the twisties. On this flat straight course, we would kill the little cars.

And I suspect that much like the salt flats in Utah, there are all sorts of different people out there.

I should clarify.

Yes, there were sections of Mulholland that were very tight. Still I enjoy driving on those conditions 10 times more than going in a straight line for 1 mile. It may be more like 100 times more.

The straight line just does nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    Dave, our car exists somewhere in the middle. In Mulholland, the little cars were zipping away from us on the twisties. On this flat straight course, we would kill the little cars.

And I suspect that much like the salt flats in Utah, there are all sorts of different people out there.

Congratulations!

Impressive performance for those small changes. Good luck on reaching your goal!

stop tempting me to buy a RS 6
    2000 Audi S4 - Borla / ASP / H&R / 034 / JHM

You have quite the selection right now. Several listed along the front range from 25k up.

Quote Originally Posted by FLACO X3 View Post
    stop tempting me to buy a RS 6

Amazing time! With a full exhaust and non winter tires what do you think is possible? Low 11's?

Cat back exhaust on this car makes little difference in HP. HP=the same=same times.

The big HP gains are the downpipes because of the somewhat restrictive cats. He has already gutted the downpipes=more hp gains and lower times.

Tires....no HP difference again. Other than ride or handling quality...tires make no difference in 1/4mi time.

IMHO

Horsepower output makes the time difference. Make more HP....lower time and increase mph.

If you plug in the current 1/4mi times to any HP calculator....the car is already making 600hp/crank. I dont think you can expect much more??

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    Amazing time! With a full exhaust and non winter tires what do you think is possible? Low 11's?

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    My RS6 already has gutted pre-cats. Gutting those were worth approx. 1 tenth and 1 MPH in the 1/4 mile. The factory catback flows really well, so there isn't much to be gained there.

Right now I'm spinning through all of 1st gear at the track. With sticky tires, I think I could get the 60ft down to 1.60 to 1.64, which would be good for around a tenth in the quarter.

I think the biggest restriction right now is the turbos. They're just way too small for a 4.2L V8. I'm currently doing research to see if there are any bigger turbos out there that will bolt up to the RS6 manifolds and fit in the stock locations.

2003 Audi RS6

2000 Audi S4

How much power do you think you are putting out at the crank, and what other tricks do you have to beat that 1/4 mile record?

Thumbs up

My RS6 already has gutted pre-cats. Gutting those were worth approx. 1 tenth and 1 MPH in the 1/4 mile. The factory catback flows really well, so there isn't much to be gained there.

Right now I'm spinning through all of 1st gear at the track. With sticky tires, I think I could get the 60ft down to 1.60 to 1.64, which would be good for around a tenth in the quarter.

I think the biggest restriction right now is the turbos. They're just way too small for a 4.2L V8. I'm currently doing research to see if there are any bigger turbos out there that will bolt up to the RS6 manifolds and fit in the stock locations.

2003 Audi RS6

2000 Audi S4
    True, sticky compound tires like some Mich PS Cups would do wonders for your 60ft and ET.

Also, if you do find some larger turbos, I'd be willing to hammer out some sheet metal to make them fit ...

Steve

..................I'm currently doing research to see if there are any bigger turbos out there that will bolt up to the RS6 manifolds and fit in the stock locations.
    Contact Blouch Turbo and see what kind of HP is possible with a turbine/compressor wheel upgrade (factory turbos machined to fit bigger turbine/compressor wheels)
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Great runs? Stock torque converter? A couple more of those launches and you will need a new transmission. I know this because with my dads RS6 the car could barely hold up on what our car was making.

We were thinking of getting it rebuild at level 10.

What boost were you running?
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

What ever you do DO NOT use level 10. Do some research on them form AW, they are a bunch of crooks that do shody work.