Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ran a new best 1/4 mile time of 11.59 @ 118.63 MPH!

Try IPT Transmissions in NJ. They have a good forum and many stand by their work. I'm sending mine for a complete build when I get someone to pull it
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by p3u View Post
    How much power do you think you are putting out at the crank, and what other tricks do you have to beat that 1/4 mile record?
    Right now I'm estimating my crank horsepower is in the 550-575 range. That might be a bit on the conservative side, given the 118+ trap speeds and 4300+ pound race weight.

Since winter's over, I'm going to be swapping out my snows for some stickier summer tires soon. I'm hoping that will get my short times into the lower 1.6 range.

I'm also planning on turning up the boost. The problem is it's difficult to hold more than 12psi to redline. I think if K03 or K04 wastegate actuators are used or if the RS6 actuators are tweaked, it may be possible to hold 15psi to redline. That would probably be good for a couple tenths and couple MPH. The only problem is you have to drop the motor even if you just want to adjust the wastegate actuators!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopra View Post
    Contact Blouch Turbo and see what kind of HP is possible with a turbine/compressor wheel upgrade (factory turbos machined to fit bigger turbine/compressor wheels)
    I've talked to them before about the RS6 turbos, but they charge an arm and a leg for their services. Plus, I don't think RS6 hybrids would be much of an improvement on the 4.2L. The big problem, like with most of the KKK series turbos, is the tiny hot sides. I'll probably first try the stock turbos with some K03 or K04 wastegate actuators to see what kind of boost I can then hold to redline.

Quote Originally Posted by nyrs6 View Post
    Great runs? Stock torque converter? A couple more of those launches and you will need a new transmission. I know this because with my dads RS6 the car could barely hold up on what our car was making.

We were thinking of getting it rebuild at level 10.

What boost were you running?
    Yep, I'm still on the stock and original torque converter, trans, valve body, etc. 94K miles and still going strong.

I'm running 11 to 11.5psi of boost right now. What were you running with the OCT chip?

What kind of transmission software did you have on your dad's RS6? That is the key to making the tranny live. From what I've seen, some tuners are not making the necessary changes that are crucial to ensuring that the tranny holds up to the torque levels that we're seeing. In some cases, you'd even be better off with the factory transmission software!

2003 Audi RS6
    11.59 @ 118.63 | Video | Timeslip
    Mods: No pre-cats & my own custom tuned ECU/TCU. That's it!

2000 Audi S4
    10.73 @ 132.76 | Video | Timeslip
    Mods: K04s + bolt-ons + weight reduction (bone stock motor!)

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecS4 View Post

Yep, I'm still on the stock and original torque converter, trans, valve body, etc. 94K miles and still going strong.

I'm running 11 to 11.5psi of boost right now. What were you running with the OCT chip?

What kind of transmission software did you have on your dad's RS6? That is the key to making the tranny live. From what I've seen, some tuners are not making the necessary changes that are crucial to ensuring that the tranny holds up to the torque levels that we're seeing. In some cases, you'd even be better off with the factory transmission software!

2003 Audi RS6

2000 Audi S4
    Interesting. We had OCT TCU Upgrade. Once we did the upgrade we were able to get all four wheel to spin but were never able to get a better ET. Even though we were able to lunch alot higher we still could not get any better ET times and the way it felt we though for sure we could get into the 11s but that never happened.

As far as PSI i don't remember how much. Would 13 psi sound about right?

I cant imagine how your car must feel off launch because i know ours felt like our guts were going to come out ..... I need a ride lol

Does your tires spin at all?
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

10secs4,

How much power would you estimate on 93 and on 91?

Marc,

Glad to see your thoughts on the turbine housings are in line with my idea on restrictions. Backpressure is a bi*ch but can you rely on adding spring pressure to the wastegate actuators to make up for a turbine housing that is too small? The pressure ratio numbers just are not there to maintain that boost level.

And the real world will never see the fruits of the uprated wastegate actuators because each car will need to be custom tuned and the wastegate solenoid dialed in on each car. Its not like we will have the 2D table on our laptop to adjust the duty cycle of our WG solenoid.

10secs4,

How much power would you estimate on 93 and on 91?
    525-535. With my tune, the only difference between 91 and 93 is spark advance. That difference is only a couple degrees in the mid-range and up top. This equates to 5-10 HP max.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Marc,

Glad to see your thoughts on the turbine housings are in line with my idea on restrictions. Backpressure is a bi*ch but can you rely on adding spring pressure to the wastegate actuators to make up for a turbine housing that is too small? The pressure ratio numbers just are not there to maintain that boost level.

And the real world will never see the fruits of the uprated wastegate actuators because each car will need to be custom tuned and the wastegate solenoid dialed in on each car. Its not like we will have the 2D table on our laptop to adjust the duty cycle of our WG solenoid.

I don't think adjusting the wastegate actuators will make a huge difference, nor will it make up for the tiny exhaust housings, but I do think it will give me a shot of holding 14-15psi to redline without the massive taper that I'm seeing now. If I can hold that boost pressure to redline, I estimate another 30-40whp up top.

Most other people won't want to make the kind of mods that I'm starting to make now. The mods I make from this point forward are for my own personal entertainment and to push the limits of the C5 platform/BCY engine. Most of you guys on the forum will be quite content with high 11/low 12 second quarter mile ETs on pump fuel and mid to high 11's on 100-104 octane race fuel. And those results can be achieved with just the ECU/TCU tune. Note: on my RS6, the gutted pre-cats were only worth 1 MPH and 1 tenth in the quarter.

2003 Audi RS6

2000 Audi S4

Keen to see detailed info on your 10.97 pass

10.97 pass? Where was this?

10.97 pass? Where was this?
    I was told via a PM, maybe he did a typo?

Well we need some more info. 10secs4 wanna chime in?

10sec, do you also think you could do a run on 91oct at the strip, I would like to see and I'm sure others would as well, what your tune will do on pump gas.

Blouch Turbo said the upgrade was about $400-$600 each. Output upgrade would be 350hp compared to 240hp OEM (each).
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------