Thread: Introducton/few questions.

Introducton/few questions.

Hey guys, have been lurkin around this site for awhile getting info, doing research and so on. Finally picked up a 08' Daytona grey RS4 Ti package. Absolutely loveee her!

Came from a 05.5' B7 S4 tip, so I loove driving a manual again. My curent garage:

Anyways, I have like 3 questions for you RS4 veterans.

1) I want to do wider tires with small spacers on STOCK suspension.
    I was thinking 265/35 all around (Mich. ps2's) with 3mm spacers up front, and 5mm in the rear. I was wondering if anyone has done this and if so, was there any fitment/rubbing issues involved. I did not get a clear answer on my regular forum, Audizine.

2) Brakes. Mine squeek at low speed stops, is this normal?

3) Does anyone daily drive their RS4? I will be using it 4-5 days out of the week and am just curious as to how solid/well they hold up to daily driving. Right now she's slightly used at 18K on the odo.

4) What swaybar company makes wider rear bars for our car? I just want to stiffen up the rear a bit more to get a slightly more neutral feel.

Thanks alot guys!

PS, sorry about the biggish pics.

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the RS4, looks magnificent!

I don't think dailydriving the RS4 would be a problem, should be the same as for a normal Audi. The other questions I'll have to let somebody else answer. Just wanted to say hi!

Welcome and good choice you have made. beautifull ride

Perfect garage for us Audi crowd.
    Is the third Audi in your garage picture the S4?
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Registered User India Whiskey Charlie's Avatar
    Welcome to RS6.com. Good to see yet another Audi fan on board.

I can only answer two questions:

2) Funny you mention the slow speed brake squeal. Mine has 14.800 miles and the brakes started squealing at slow speeds only about 1,000 miles ago. It doesn't really bother me so much, but I am taking the car in for the 15,000 mile service soon and I will bring this up to them.

3) I drive mine daily and no differently than any other daily driver I've had. The car behaves as it begs to be driven anyway and I feel a vast amount of comfort. I wouldn't trade mine for any other daily driver right now.

In no time, you will find that your RS4 will be the best car you've ever owned...
    Viken
    2010 S4 S-Tronic
    2007 RS4

Thanks for the comments/input guys, I appreciate it. If anyone else can shed some light on the unanswered questions that'd be great too.

India Whiskey, since your RS is your DD, how does the clutch hold up to daily driving? Im a bit rusty coming from driving auto's for the past 5 years and was curious as to how resilient the clutch is to wear and tear. I am under a very good CPO warranty but was just curious more than anything. Thanks!

~Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Winterrunner View Post
    India Whiskey, since your RS is your DD, how does the clutch hold up to daily driving? Im a bit rusty coming from driving auto's for the past 5 years and was curious as to how resilient the clutch is to wear and tear. I am under a very good CPO warranty but was just curious more than anything. Thanks!
    Josh, the clutch is pretty soft and I certainly have no problem with it in stop and go traffic. As to wear and tear, there are no signs of such @ ~15k miles. I am pretty sure the clutch should last several tens of thousands of miles.
    Viken
    2010 S4 S-Tronic
    2007 RS4

Quote Originally Posted by India Whiskey Charlie View Post
    Josh, the clutch is pretty soft and I certainly have no problem with it in stop and go traffic. As to wear and tear, there are no signs of such @ ~15k miles. I am pretty sure the clutch should last several tens of thousands of miles.

I agree the clutch is definitly one of the easier ones I have used. In fact the car in general is just easy to use. What oil do you use? I was thinking about either Pentosin or Motul, both Euro oils, figure it would be appropriate in this car.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterrunner View Post
    What oil do you use? I was thinking about either Pentosin or Motul, both Euro oils, figure it would be appropriate in this car.
    Personally, I don't think it matters as long as you use an Audi approved oil. The dealer services my car and they use Castrol. If and when I need to add a bit of oil, I just make sure it's a 5W40 or a 0W40 from the list. Usually, Mobil 1 because it's widely available. If you want a PDF of Audi's approved oils, email me here.
    Viken
    2010 S4 S-Tronic
    2007 RS4

would anyone else like to chime in? Veteran RS4 owners perhaps?
    08' Daytona RS4 Ti package
    05.5' Dolphin S4 auto