Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Awsome R8 V10 interior in Geneva

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    Interesting!

Glasurit is the supplier for audi & porsche paint?
    Yes. Panamera is in Glasurit internal system from 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil View Post
    Any picture of that colour?

Best Regards
    For you-Phantom Black R8 5.2 FSI.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc01PB.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	7960   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc02PB.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	7961   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsc03PB.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	7962  

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    awesome

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Awesome!

Here are a few pics of the car I testdrove 2 days ago:

They also had this on display

OK Rami - great 1st post - BUT we need your comments as well

Welcome aboard
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Really nice, do you have some interior pics? It is manual or R-tronic?

Hey roadrunner! Thx for the welcome man

Well, I testdrove the R8V V8 a few months ago (both in manual and R-tronic versions) and wasn't into any of the 2 cars at all. Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE the exterior and interior design of the R8, it is one of the hottest cars on the planet. But the power of the V8 simply didn't do it for me. I need to say that I own a Porsche Ruf Rt12 cab with 700HP/900Nm torque so that may have had some impact when it comes to performance figures

The V10 I drove was only available in R-Tronic version and I must say I kinda liked it. It goes through its gears far smoother than my LP640 Roadster but not as fast. I think you can compare the sport mode of the LP560 with the sport mode of the R8 V10 but the Corsa mode of the Lambo is quite a bit faster and much more brutal.
    The one thing I have serious issues with is the location of the paddles. I'm really used to the paddles attached to the steering column. On the R8 they are attached to the steering wheel itself and that irritates the shit out of me, especially in short turns. I suppose using the +/- shifter would be the solution for that.

IMHO the V10 is the only engine worthy of this car. I understand the filosophy of the V8 engine (being an entry level GT to attract Merc clients etc) but it's just not powerful enough, especially in lower RPMS.

I also loved the magnetic ride in both normal and sport setting. I remember using the sportmode on my previous 997 turbo, it made the car bounce all over the place It's a different system of course but just to make clear that in the R8 you can actually use the sport setting.

Sound was ok but it is something that will need "extra care" Bypass-pipes would do wonders I presume.

All in all a very positive experience and I may be looking into buying one soon.

Really nice, do you have some interior pics? It is manual or R-tronic?
    It was an R-tronic. Unfortunately I don't have interior pics but then again it was pretty basic. Black interior with carbon package.
    There is a nice Daytona grey V10 at the dealer as well, might take a few pictures of that car during the weekend. Will take some interior shots as well.

r8 v10 pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38146_FB_AUDI_R8_V10_-_003_122_213lo.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	8051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38155_FB_AUDI_R8_V10_-_006_122_776lo.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	8052   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	42645_FB_AUDI_R8_V10_-_152_122_361lo.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	8053  

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    Hey roadrunner! Thx for the welcome man

Well, I testdrove the R8V V8 a few months ago (both in manual and R-tronic versions) and wasn't into any of the 2 cars at all. Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE the exterior and interior design of the R8, it is one of the hottest cars on the planet. But the power of the V8 simply didn't do it for me. I need to say that I own a Porsche Ruf Rt12 cab with 700HP/900Nm torque so that may have had some impact when it comes to performance figures

The V10 I drove was only available in R-Tronic version and I must say I kinda liked it. It goes through its gears far smoother than my LP640 Roadster but not as fast. I think you can compare the sport mode of the LP560 with the sport mode of the R8 V10 but the Corsa mode of the Lambo is quite a bit faster and much more brutal.
    The one thing I have serious issues with is the location of the paddles. I'm really used to the paddles attached to the steering column. On the R8 they are attached to the steering wheel itself and that irritates the shit out of me, especially in short turns. I suppose using the +/- shifter would be the solution for that.

IMHO the V10 is the only engine worthy of this car. I understand the filosophy of the V8 engine (being an entry level GT to attract Merc clients etc) but it's just not powerful enough, especially in lower RPMS.

I also loved the magnetic ride in both normal and sport setting. I remember using the sportmode on my previous 997 turbo, it made the car bounce all over the place It's a different system of course but just to make clear that in the R8 you can actually use the sport setting.

Sound was ok but it is something that will need "extra care" Bypass-pipes would do wonders I presume.

All in all a very positive experience and I may be looking into buying one soon.
    very nice report thank you very much...

its was also always my opinion that the V8 for this car is to "powerless"...
    i mean dont understand me wrong i would be happy to own even a s4...

I see that there is not alot R8's with ceramic brakes, Kreso did you order ceramic brakes on yours or not?

Best Regards

I see that there is not alot R8's with ceramic brakes, Kreso did you order ceramic brakes on yours or not?

Best Regards
    Ceramics are not a must. Standard brakes are good enough. I will get them any way.

BTW, Ti-Mike can give you better prespective since he had R8 4.2 FSI with standard brakes and now have R8 5.2 FSI with Ceramics.

I really like that leather colour. That is not standard red colour? Does anyone know if it's possible to get the same colour in S5?

Yes. Classicrot from quattro Gmbh.