Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AoA DRC Letter to RS6 Owners

Mech AoA DRC Letter to RS6 Owners

I received this in the mail today...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AudiRS6 copy.jpg 
Views:	629 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	7701  

Justin,

PM me at

dhall1 @ vzw.blackberry.net

About your claim. Did it go ok?

Quote Originally Posted by JCT2033 View Post
    I received this in the mail today...

I got my letter yesterday too! This is a big relief for me. I just bought my car in November, then learned CPO doesn't cover all of DRC should it fail, and was freaking out. But I'm really happy for you "old-timers". Guys that have had your car since new or for a few years and have gone through all the repairs, headaches, and roller coaster of emotions about Audi fixing the issue. I understand the lack of excitment when Rob started this a couple months ago, but it's finally official!

I'm happy to see that Audi is taking care of things.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

where do i get the form for reimbursement?

It should have come with the letter.

It was a must from Audi since the RS6 crowd is the potential owners of future models like the RS4, R8 V10 and so on. They lose those customers, they lose all their chances of selling those cars.

Great Job Audi
    My car:
    2010 Subaru WRX STI Special Edition in WRB

Quote Originally Posted by nyrs6 View Post
    It was a must from Audi since the RS6 crowd is the potential owners of future models like the RS4, R8 V10 and so on. They lose those customers, they lose all their chances of selling those cars.

Great Job Audi
    MMMMM S8 Bring me that one. I told myself I would never pay 100k for a car, and I wont but I would wait for a used one. When me and my wife saw it in the movie, Taken, I could not keep myself from going back to that chase scene on the DVD. My wife even liked that car. She did not like me going back to that scene so much though.

Intersting

So i take it that the cars with aftermarket replacement systems are unqualified for the replacement shocks.
    2003 RS6
    2006 M5

President/Designer
    DAHBO Couture
    www.dahbo.com

you can bet on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow RS6 View Post
    I got my letter yesterday too! This is a big relief for me. I just bought my car in November, then learned CPO doesn't cover all of DRC should it fail, and was freaking out. But I'm really happy for you "old-timers". Guys that have had your car since new or for a few years and have gone through all the repairs, headaches, and roller coaster of emotions about Audi fixing the issue. I understand the lack of excitment when Rob started this a couple months ago, but it's finally official!
    hope i get the letter in the next day or two, wtf...guess you answer my question on Audiworld if it was original owners getting the letters first but you are the 'last one in' so crap on me... after 3 1/2 years and only second owner...i'm waiting Audi.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

I'm the second owner of my car and way over here in Washington state (out in the country) and I just received my letter today. Still wondering how they are going to re-imburse me for the KW's, which are probably still better than the DRC ever was but since I'm not sure my DRC was ever 100% I'm willing to give the DRC a try, if not I can always go back the the KW's easily as they use all of the stock upper shock mounts. I was about to remove all of the DRC piping and central valves to get rid of un-necessary weight when all of this began, I'm glad I didn't. I wonder if Audi would have dealers re-install all of this new for those that may have removed the old junk? I guess we still have to wait and see?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Audi is upside down on your car already. I think they lost your letter.

BTW, I think this weekends ride in the Santa Monica mts has blown the DRC. Count me in on this deal. Finally. Drive the car as its designed and come home with leaking struts. Great. All 4 corners are "soft"...I will check it next weekend. EBC Reds worked perfectly with very little dusting and no grinding at all. Pads were bedded in before the run and they are wearing nice and even on all 4 corners. Best 173 dollars I have ever spent.

Fidelity....hello.....Fidelity, I have a claim or two.

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    hope i get the letter in the next day or two, wtf...guess you answer my question on Audiworld if it was original owners getting the letters first but you are the 'last one in' so crap on me... after 3 1/2 years and only second owner...i'm waiting Audi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quattro.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	7708  

Its a crap shoot at this point. For how many years did Audi give the RS6 owners the middle finger. Even to the point of writing out the DRC from CPO warranty. You cant get more of the middle finger then that. FU to the RS6 owners.

I think several factors have changed Audi's attitude towards the DRC in general. 1. Audi wants more US market share. 2. Audi is getting killed on Fidelity warranty claims for DRC. Audi is the money behind Fidelity and Audi pays the bills. Trust me this is getting noticed. 6k a pop will make you notice.

Now, we have this program. I dont know how much better it will be. I have made the decision to stick with DRC as I have Fidelity coverage till 100k. But, if the system continues to fail....I will ask for the purchase of KWs as replacement if I sign a waiver. My car has DRC and Hotchkis bars. The setup has worked great and the ride last weekend was fantastic but, after I unloaded from my trailer this week...it seems the corners are alittle soft. I will check it this weekend. It could be time after 28k miles. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    I'm the second owner of my car and way over here in Washington state (out in the country) and I just received my letter today. Still wondering how they are going to re-imburse me for the KW's, which are probably still better than the DRC ever was but since I'm not sure my DRC was ever 100% I'm willing to give the DRC a try, if not I can always go back the the KW's easily as they use all of the stock upper shock mounts. I was about to remove all of the DRC piping and central valves to get rid of un-necessary weight when all of this began, I'm glad I didn't. I wonder if Audi would have dealers re-install all of this new for those that may have removed the old junk? I guess we still have to wait and see?

I did just buy mine a few months ago, but it was from a dealer and a CPO car, so I guess they had me in their "database" or whatever. Because in the weeks after I bought it, I got things in the mail like a CPO "info packet", welcome to Audi, etc., from AoA.

Did you send your info to Rob on AW?

Got my letter on the same day.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Fyi I'm an original owner, and letter unrcvd as yet. Audi can stuff their 'valued customer' b.s. I will ask for re-imbursement for a/m, and will feel their love once again (piss off mr rs6 owner)
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa