Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AoA DRC Letter to RS6 Owners

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow RS6 View Post
    I did just buy mine a few months ago, but it was from a dealer and a CPO car, so I guess they had me in their "database" or whatever. Because in the weeks after I bought it, I got things in the mail like a CPO "info packet", welcome to Audi, etc., from AoA.

Did you send your info to Rob on AW?
    Geeezzz, I bought mine CPO'd from an Audi dealer (a long time ago) and didn't get anything from AoA. Never have and that's with 3 CPO'd Audi's in a row over 14 years and even a new order of an S5 last year that i didn't even get the freebies for that either. Not sure what the heck the problem is there. Anyway yep I'm one of Rob's early responders and I did a complaint to the NHTSA as well. I'm going with crappy arse Chicago mail.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Didn't anyone from AoA call/email you? I sent an email to Audi's PR rep Eric and got emails and calls from AoA months ago.
    2003 RS 6______________________________________________
    Mugello Blue/Silver Interior/Wood Trim/Warm Weather Package/
    LED Tail lights/RNS-E/DVD Video/OEM S5 19's/Custom Painted Calipers/Full CAT-Less, Nonresonated Milltek/APR DV's/
    H-Sport Sway Bars/5 Bar FPR/ABT Aluminum pedals/MTM TCU Chip

-------Other Rides
    2007 Cadillac Escalade
    2007 Jeep Compass
    2006 Jeep Commander
    2006 Chevy Colorado Reg Cab
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    Geeezzz, I bought mine CPO'd from an Audi dealer (a long time ago) and didn't get anything from AoA. Never have and that's with 3 CPO'd Audi's in a row over 14 years and even a new order of an S5 last year that i didn't even get the freebies for that either. Not sure what the heck the problem is there. Anyway yep I'm one of Rob's early responders and I did a complaint to the NHTSA as well. I'm going with crappy arse Chicago mail.
    I've never heard or received d!ck from AoA after buying this CPOd RS, including this latest letter. You'd think after 5 or 6 services to fix DRC (under 12mo. warranty), they'd have my info in their system.

Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    I've never heard or received d!ck from AoA after buying this CPOd RS, including this latest letter. You'd think after 5 or 6 services to fix DRC (under 12mo. warranty), they'd have my info in their system.
    I think they are ignoring a few of us 'frequent fliers'. They already know some of us are beaten down and miserable and will wait anyway. Otherwise known as lost cause.

If only they checked in with me that i am (still) brand loyal as heck and plan to add 2 more of these things to my world in the next few years and all of them starting with 'R'. Maybe they DO know that and again realize why waste their time to make me happy. I am going to go find a corner to go grumble in.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Hey Audi....if your listening.

The more and more we RS6 owners get involved in North America Audi events...the more and more we scream bloody murder to other fellow Audi owners.

Then the word gets out.

Here I am on the Mulholland drive last weekend. 7 RS6s at that event. 3 RS4s and 4 or 5 R8s.

We carry some voices here....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mulholland drive RS6.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	7718  

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    I think they are ignoring a few of us 'frequent fliers'. They already know some of us are beaten down and miserable and will wait anyway. Otherwise known as lost cause.

If only they checked in with me that i am (still) brand loyal as heck and plan to add 2 more of these things to my world in the next few years and all of them starting with 'R'. Maybe they DO know that and again realize why waste their time to make me happy. I am going to go find a corner to go grumble in.
    Hey, I even forgot the fact that I have an open case number with an RS6 advocate relating to this ongoing nightmare. Guess they don't bother looking back into the files until you squeek loudly enough. Might have to place a call or two tomorrow if no letter shows up.

Dear Friends,

again- please admit some time for ALL owners to be contacted. It might take longer for one than another. Dependencies for delay are different and should not be seen as a refuse or ignorance.

The technical basic equipment is on its way to the USA. Now it is up to Kayaba to deliver the quote of upgraded shocks.

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

again- please admit some time for ALL owners to be contacted. It might take longer for one than another. Dependencies for delay are different and should not be seen as a refuse or ignorance.

The technical basic equipment is on its way to the USA. Now it is up to Kayaba to deliver the quote of upgraded shocks.

Qisha
    More than reasonable. I don't have even close the time or money invested in my ride as many others so I'm more than willing to be patient.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

This might make some on this forum very angry, but I got my letter yesterday and I have only owned my car a couple months. I dont know how that happened. I guess dropping 4K on a warranty may have helped though. LOL!!

Qisha,

Thank you for all the information. We have seen quite a range of input on this matter. It has become very clear that many, many RS6 owners have pointed feelings towards the past history of handling this matter.

It has driven owners away from these vehicles and the one that kept them have very heated feelings about previous treatment and denial of the problems from Audi.

As an example, there are many cars that need DRC replacement right now. Specifically, I have full Fidelity Platinum coverage for replacement of all struts and central valves but there are no shocks? I have to drive my car for 6 months this way waiting for supply? Sorry, but that does not seem reasonable. My car has 28k miles and I would like to enjoy it this spring and summer and have the proper extended warranty to cover for items such as this but...NO PARTS ARE AVAILABLE?

Nothing is available, old...new....no struts.

Dear Friends,

Qisha

Willie,

I dont know why the letter delay gets folks all fired up. The real problem is the delay in time for any kind of shock.

What concerns me is....we have to wait till August for any type of replacement. New, old...anything.

Sure, if your out of warranty and are getting this free...you cant complain. Or, not complain too loud.

But, what if your still under warranty and or Fidelity/Audi warranty and have fully covered your exposure for problems such as this. You have to drive a dangerous car for 6 months? What if you or I were to get in a serious accident on the hwy while waiting for these recalled shocks? Not pretty because Audi have already admitted to the defect in suspension and now parts are not available for 6 months? You can put 2 and 2 together there. It would be a slam dunk for any rookie legal aid to put that case together.

Its just poor planning on Audi's part. Great, there going to cover these things but, some folks have planned for such problems and have paid big $$ for not only the car but Audi warranty on top of the car. Now we cant even exercise the warranty because....NO PARTS ARE AVAILABLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    This might make some on this forum very angry, but I got my letter yesterday and I have only owned my car a couple months. I dont know how that happened. I guess dropping 4K on a warranty may have helped though. LOL!!
    Last edited by DHall1; March 5th, 2009 at 15:04.

Not interested in getting into any curt discussion with those that are more upset than I am, but I can also confirm that Audi is doing what they can as a corporation currently to remedy the flaws with our rides. Spoke with an Audi A8 advocate first thing this morning and they are rolling full steam on this.

This aside, I'm not of the concensus that the world is falling down around me right this second on the matter. I have a car with a failed suspension. Happened a couple of months ago in the cold winter weeks just prior to Xmas. While I wouldn't run the car on the track in it's current state, I have no problem driving it to work or taking it for spritied runs on the highway. The ride is hard and spine jolting, but it's not unstable by any stretch of the imagination. I will go through the steps to see what the time impact is to have an authorized Audi dealer attend to my current situation prior to the "service agreement" (aka DRC recall) coming into full swing in mid Summer. 6 months is a ways away and I too would like some comfort back in my ride. Given that I'm at the mercy of the engineers and corporate planning, I know all my ranting and raving will do nothing to make the matters disappear any time earlier. Simply not interested in dying on this hill and prepared to put all my energy into other battles that I know will provide a greater sense of achievement.

Tim

'02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Tim,

Sure I can fully understand a short delay in parts supply.

But, unlike yours which may have both sides of the "X" lines leaking and thus equal which makes your car just drive like crap.

There are people out there with only 1 side of the "X" leaking. The other circuit is still pressurized. Can you imagine what that car drives like? Those are the people that could kill themselves. This is why so many people gave up completely on DRC and just purchased aftermarket coilovers. The cars were dangerous to drive in this state and those in the know placed life above just sending the car to the scrap heap. 90000 dollar scrap heap.

Lastly, not all RS6 drivers are skilled at proper car control. Nor should everyone need to a race car driver to drive a RS6. I can remember the vids of a race car driver trying to drive a Ford Explorer after a blowout of the tire. He couldnt and the pig still flipped over. Need I say more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Not interested in getting into any curt discussion with those that are more upset than I am, but I can also confirm that Audi is doing what they can as a corporation currently to remedy the flaws with our rides. Spoke with an Audi A8 advocate first thing this morning and they are rolling full steam on this.

This aside, I'm not of the concensus that the world is falling down around me right this second on the matter. I have a car with a failed suspension. Happened a couple of months ago in the cold winter weeks just prior to Xmas. While I wouldn't run the car on the track in it's current state, I have no problem driving it to work or taking it for spritied runs on the highway. The ride is hard and spine jolting, but it's not unstable by any stretch of the imagination. I will go through the steps to see what the time impact is to have an authorized Audi dealer attend to my current situation prior to the "service agreement" (aka DRC recall) coming into full swing in mid Summer. 6 months is a ways away and I too would like some comfort back in my ride. Given that I'm at the mercy of the engineers and corporate planning, I know all my ranting and raving will do nothing to make the matters disappear any time earlier. Simply not interested in dying on this hill and prepared to put all my energy into other battles that I know will provide a greater sense of achievement.

Tim

Dear DHall1,

i understand your point and the displeasing feeling of waiting. We are talking of round about 4.000 new Shocks to be delivered in use for this Service action- alone.

If you allow to state my own personal point:

to threat everyone equal i understand to start off when all Service Points are equipped with rudimental needed parts. Otherwise i dont see a fair way on handling a sequence (who is 1st, 2nd etc.).

It would not make much sense in shipping just a few parts, rather than that all in one.

I do have a good feeling about the whole scenario we are looking at and am confident it will prove satisfactory.

Qisha

Trivia: in total 8.081 RS6 Gen I have been produced.

Qisha,

I can appreciate all of your hard work on this matter and all of your input over the years. We truly enjoy these cars. Thats why we get so noisy when something is not working as designed. Let alone dangerous to drive.

My point is this. Audi does infact send small shipments over here all the time. Its routine. If we take a car in for service and a part needs to come from Germany....it gets sent. I understand logistics and cost contaiment for such a large order of shocks and the need to send them all at once. But, I also know that there are dangerous cars on the roads right now and small orders could be send for those purposes. The special policy is nice for those that dont have warranty but I have planned for this exposure and have full Fidelity/Audi warranty coverage and cant get my car fixed for 6 months? I dont need the special policy, I have a covered repair. So do many others.

Let AoA tech assist determine who gets what first. Leave it to the cars that are leaking right now or that have 1 circuit of the "X" design leaking which causes a dangerous driving auto. So only repair those that are dangerous right now or that are leaking. I think I can wait but this may cause me to park my car this year from any performance Audi driving event. I had planned to attend the Audi driving event in Nevada and Utah this spring and summer. Those are out the window right now.

Its funny because after our event in California last weekend. I can really appreciate the new R8. Its one thing to see them sitting on the showroom floor of your dealer but its another to see them out on the roads working as they were designed. I mean, we had 7 RS6s, 3 RS4s and 4 or 5 R8s at this event. I dont buy my cars to sit on the showroom floor and seeing the R8s in action can really motivate a purchase for that car in the future. Many RS6 owners had that same feeling last weekend.

Best of luck in all this,

Dave

Dear DHall1,

i understand your point and the displeasing feeling of waiting. We are talking of round about 4.000 new Shocks to be delivered in use for this Service action- alone.

If you allow to state my own personal point:

to threat everyone equal i understand to start off when all Service Points are equipped with rudimental needed parts. Otherwise i dont see a fair way on handling a sequence (who is 1st, 2nd etc.).

It would not make much sense in shipping just a few parts, rather than that all in one.

I do have a good feeling about the whole scenario we are looking at and am confident it will prove satisfactory.

Qisha

Trivia: in total 8.081 RS6 Gen I have been produced.

As I posted over on AW...

I just spoke to AoA Customer Relations and comfirmed that the warranty on the new DRC service and parts will be 12/12. It will be like any other service warranty.

They also confirmed that even though I haven't received it yet, I was on the mailing list for The Letter and the reimbursment form. The girl also added that even if someone doesn't receive the letter, come August when dealers are fully up to date and prepared to perform the work, you can submit a claim for past DRC expenses through them, or just phone AoA directly and they will pull the info and send the check.

She couldn't confirm whether or not a car had to be showing signs of failure to get the service done, or if it would be treated like a recall action where all vehicles are serviced regardless of the condition of the parts.

This led me to another question... whether there was a limited time period to get this work done at no cost. She didn't have that info at this time, but will try to find out for me. Personally, if there's no time limit and it is instead one upgrade per vehicle, I would not take in my working DRC until it fails. Why put yourself on the 12/12 clock before you actually have to?

Quote Originally Posted by SAF View Post
    This led me to another question... whether there was a limited time period to get this work done at no cost. She didn't have that info at this time, but will try to find out for me. Personally, if there's no time limit and it is instead one upgrade per vehicle, I would not take in my working DRC until it fails. Why put yourself on the 12/12 clock before you actually have to?
    That's also my thinking on this (assuming there's no time limit), don't take it in until the DRC fails! Like you say, why start the 12/12 "clock" before you need to. Of course, the parts won't be here for 6 months, so it may fail by then anyways

Got my letter today. My original DRC is still working perfectly, no repair ever needed. I guess I should "upgrade" anyway? I'm slightrly afraid it will give me the problems the rest of you have had.