Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RS6 Front Caliper Emblems

RS6 Front Caliper Emblems

I found a source for quality front caliper stickers (mine are well faded) from a guy in Newcastle, UK. They cost 7.99 pounds for 5 plus 3.00 pounds for shipping to the United States. He also has RS4 and RS8 variants. The EBAY item number is 160295965403.
    Mike
    All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best- Occam's Razor

I'll go in for two if you want to split them. LMK.

Just when I was thinking of what to do about this issue. Thanks for this find.

Good news, I want this, but I need to know how it works, do I need to spray the caliper first and cover the fadded emblems or just stick the new one exactly on top of the fadded ones?
    "Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"...... Enzo Ferrari

seriously, this is good stuff!

Are you joking, there is no way a vinyl sticker will withstand the RS 6 caliper heat
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

i ordered a pair of those stickers a while back, never ended up using them, they are still sitting somewhere, but they look like they are pretty good quality

Quote Originally Posted by iconcls View Post
    Are you joking, there is no way a vinyl sticker will withstand the RS 6 caliper heat
    Thats my concern.

6 month later mine holding up just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofnyc22 View Post
    6 month later mine holding up just fine.

You, sir, must drive like a complete Sally and not oft seen on a road circuit.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

You, sir, must drive like a complete Sally and not oft seen on a road circuit.
    LOL! oh my.

There's not nearly the amount of heat in the calipers as there is in the rotors. Rotors, when glowing, are probably in the 1200-1500 F range, maybe more (I'm going from memory on this stuff so cut me a little slack). Most any paint will disappear around 600F, a plastic sticker would be hard pressed to survive more than 400F. There is not much to conduct the heat from the rotors to the caliper, very small amount of area in contact between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6-4dr911 View Post
    There is not much to conduct the heat from the rotors to the caliper, very small amount of area in contact between the two.
    I have seen the paint discolor on the stock rims due to buildup during lapping and my own Alcon calipers are no longer the pristine silver they were when new but now have a very pimp gold hue; there is plenty of heat being transfered up there. But then these things will only manifest themselves if one actually drives the car

Kingofnyc22

Based on your rotors you are still using the OE pads as well. They have eaten into your rotors. In case you dont know we have two different pads that dont eat into the rotors like that.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17762

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....=ebc+brake+pad

But then these things will only manifest themselves if one actually drives the car
    Gold is a badge of honour for those in the know...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BeforeUse.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	7697   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AfterUse.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	7698  
    2010 XFR
    2004 RS6 (sold)
    2008 Exige S 240
    2009 V8 Vantage
    2008 X5 4.8i

I have an RS6 with 70k miles and i had this same concern as the faded emblem on the calipers is just enough to make you think about them long after the car is turned off. Brought the car to a great body shop that the local Audi dealership uses and they re-did them like new. Very satisfied. Cost about $100. Well worth it. a key element in this subtle vehicles life.

Quote Originally Posted by morfun6 View Post
    I have an RS6 with 70k miles and i had this same concern as the faded emblem on the calipers is just enough to make you think about them long after the car is turned off. Brought the car to a great body shop that the local Audi dealership uses and they re-did them like new. Very satisfied. Cost about $100. Well worth it. a key element in this subtle vehicles life.
    Explain "re-did them" please.

Quote Originally Posted by GEN XER View Post
    Kingofnyc22

Based on your rotors you are still using the OE pads as well. They have eaten into your rotors. In case you dont know we have two different pads that dont eat into the rotors like that.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17762

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread....=ebc+brake+pad
    Im not using stock pads since they were worn out i replaced them with EBC red. I'm happy with them even though it takes more time to warm them up.