Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TT RS German Press info

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    That is in collision with latest internal sale material about R8 5.2 FSI that I have.
    Just a hint from it for you:"....forthocming TT RS is several seconds slower then R8 4.2 FSI on the Nordschleife which is about 10s slower then R8 5.2 FSI...".

Do you really think that TT RS will be faster on Hockenheim then:

Cayman S 1:13,9min
    997.2 C4S 1:13,9min
    R8 4.2 FSI 1:13,4min
    997.2 CS 1:13,4min

All times with standard tires(optional 19" in Cayman S case). Bridgestone RE050 N1 on Porsches and Pirelli P Zero R01 on R8.
    R8 Nordschleife time was 7:58, how many seconds is several? The definition of 'several' is more than 2 but not many, I'm guessing about 5 or 6 seconds.

I'm still confident of a 8:03~05 time for the TT/RS and I am also confident that the TT/RS will post a time around Hockenheim within half a second or there about of the Cayman S.

P.S.
    What is the time of the Carrera C4 around both the ring and Hockenheim? In my opinion that is the best gauge for the ability of the TT/RS.

P.S.2
    Does anyone have any idea as to what time the Audi R8v8 achieved in the hands of an Audi test driver?

Well it wasn't 7:58.
    Search and you will find the truth.

I hope the TT RS puts up an honorable fight on the track against the Cayman S. Even if it is a little slower there, I might well get one if it is a blast on the road. My reasoning is simple: on this side of the R8, TT RS has to be most sporty, hard core, entertaining and driver focused Audi the upcoming RS5 inluded - lowest weight of all RS cars R8 included. If it is not but rather a pimped up hairdressers' batmobile, then it really lacks purpose and justification altogether and Quattro GmbH has dropped the ball. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    Andrea, we cross-posted that same thing!

Andrea, we cross-posted that same thing!
    Yes, I was 3 min faster

Dear Friends,

the Audi Website is updated:

http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwa...che_daten.html

Talking about the weight and performance worries... you got to keep the faith.

Qisha

@ quisha

so does the TT-RS have Quattro XWD???
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    TT RS weigh 1545 Kg can some one confirm this if it's truth. :bigeyes:

Jarod.
    Coupè 1450 kg (RL 92/21/EWG, without driver, 90% fuel)
    Roadster 1510 kg (RL 92/21/EWG, without driver, 90% fuel)

340 Hp 5400-6500 rpm
    450 Nm 1600-5300 rpm
    0-100 km/h 4,6 sec (4,7 sec Roadster)
    0-200 km/h 15,9 sec (16,9 sec Roadster)
    V/max 250 km/h (280 km/h optonal)

Brakes: 370 mm, drilled (front), 310 mm (rear)
    Sport-Exhaust-System with black exhausts (optinal)
    19", 20" wheels (optional)
    S (Sport)-Button for Exhaust-System, engine, magnetic ride (optional)

9,2-9,5 l/100 km
    214-221 g CO2/km

http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwa...container=page

CU - TFFY
    Last edited by TooFastForYou; March 3rd, 2009 at 12:53.

Those of little faith.

Audi have delivered on all fronts, not only is the weight close to their target goal but the engine is delivering right from 1600rpm all the way to the red line, a never ending push. This thing punches longer and harder than a 997C4 and with it's much better weight balance should more than better it's track abilities which are mighty impressive.

I have great expectations of it's track ability now that the weight is a whole 95kgs off what has been mentioned here. Next we need to know whether Audi will offer some sort of r-compound rubber to indicate their track intentions.

Now all we need know is the price and where to sign on the dotted line.

Base Price Coupe: 55.800 Euro (Germany, Tax included)

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Those of little faith.

Audi have delivered on all fronts, not only is the weight close to their target goal but the engine is delivering right from 1600rpm all the way to the red line, a never ending push. This thing punches longer and harder than a 997C4 and with it's much better weight balance should more than better it's track abilities which are mighty impressive.

I have great expectations of it's track ability now that the weight is a whole 95kgs off what has been mentioned here. Next we need to know whether Audi will offer some sort of r-compound rubber to indicate their track intentions.

First. weight... 1450kg is with standard 18" and it is DIN figure. 1470kg is with optional 19" wheels. So, TT RS is not light at all. Add Navi, 19", Magnetic Ride and few more items and you are at 1500kg level...

Second, 0-200km/h in 15.9s is full 1s slower then R8 4.2 FSI official figure(14.9s).

Third, weight balance... Close to 70% sits on front axle...

Otherwise, nice little sportscar. I am interested to drive it before any idea about purchase.

its a heavy weight pig. with driver an options you get 1550 kg fast with the driver. the most thing which pisses me off is the fact that audi is so fucking stupid and give their new haldex XWD technology the Golf 6 GTI and doesnt put it in the TT-RS. how stupid can a carmaker be?!!!
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Base Price Coupe: 55.800 Euro (Germany, Tax included)

Qisha
    S5 weighs in at 57.600 euros so in the UK the TT/RS will probably retail closer to £38K. PERFECT.

Quote Originally Posted by KersoF1
    First. weight... 1450kg is with standard 18" and it is DIN figure. 1470kg is with optional 19" wheels. So, TT RS is not light at all. Add Navi, 19", Magnetic Ride and few more items and you are at 1500kg level...

Second, 0-200km/h in 15.9s is full 1s slower then R8 4.2 FSI official figure(14.9s).

Otherwise, nice little sportscar. I am interested to drive it before any idea about purchase.
    Normally an increase in rim size doesn't effect overall weight of the rim + tyre together, so I don't know how you have arrived at the 1470kgs figure. You are right that adding extras will increase the weight but as you point out else where, pick the right options will decrease the weight, items like sports Recaros.

0-200Km/h in 15.9s, that's quicker or as quick as the RS4 and M3 which is very impressive from only 340hp. Only time will tell whether it equals or betters this time but I bet some American rags will have a bloody good try.

Nearly 70% over the front axle???????????? Where did this figure come from, when a stock TT2.0TFSi fwd has 61% of the front axle without any of the rear drive hardware that comes with the Haldex system I would reckon 60% will be the absolute limit but I am expecting slighty less than even that.

70% was a typo from me. It is 60% of weight on front axle. About 2% more then on TTS.

Only way to decrease weight is to order Buckets and NOTHING else...

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    its a heavy weight pig. with driver an options you get 1550 kg fast with the driver. the most thing which pisses me off is the fact that audi is so fucking stupid and give their new haldex XWD technology the Golf 6 GTI and doesnt put it in the TT-RS. how stupid can a carmaker be?!!!
    The weight with driver will be 1525kgs not 1550kgs , next the GTI doesn't have XWD, only the electronic LSD that is part of the complete system.

Would it not be advisable to wait for some review feed back or better still test it yourself before making such comments. If tail out antics are your only jollies then you are looking at the wrong brand my friend.

Audi.de says it's NOT DIN, but RL 92/21/EWG like I said above, what means "ready to drive" (with all the engine and other fluids, 90% fuel, without driver)
    Forget about the weight diffenrence for the Navi - Radio Concert is standard, clima is standard.
    19 or 20" will add some kg's, but it's up to you, same for the magnetic ride, but you may choose the sportseats to save some weight (no side-airbag, no electric)

BTW - engine weight is 183 kg (49 cm lenght)

The TT-S in Sportauto Supertest (10/08) was weighed at 1436 kg, the car has been loaded with all options incl. magnetic ride, clima, navi, cd-changer, bose, etc

Audi R8 R-tronic in "Sportauto" (10/08)
    0-100 km/h 4,8 sec
    0-200 km/h 17,6 sec
    Audi R8 manual in "Sportauto Supertest" (07/07)
    0-100 km/h 4,7 sec
    0-200 km/h 16,2 sec

Weight Balance of the TT-S in "Sportauto Supertest" (10/08) was 58,7% front, 41,3% rear
    Weight of the "Standard" (not the S-Version) 2,0 TFSI is 152 kg, I don't think the +31 kg of the new engine will be that problem.

CU - TFFY

70% was a typo from me. It is 60% of weight on front axle. About 2% more then on TTS.

Only way to decrease weight is to order Buckets and NOTHING else...

Well that is about right, though adding the driver and front passenger will improve this figure. I slight reckon it will have no worse a balance than the TT/S, when you compare the two engine weight I don't see how it could possibly be 2% worse.

Based on everything I know and have read I am expecting a car to get close to the Cayman S, maybe not as low as 1:13.9 but closer than most would have thought possible 6~8 months ago.

P.S.
    How could anyone pick a Cayman S over the TT/RS, it's prettier looking, will be punchier, will out accelerate it, will be quicker in the wet and only slightly slower in the dry and is more practical as well. To pick the Porsche your priorities are either you live for that final bit of track speed or are an image monkey.

OK. 1450kg in ready to drive state as you said. It is not too much? OK...
    How many future buyers will go for without option TT RS? 0.1% IMHO...