Thread: Audi RS4 B5 vs Audi RS4 B7

Audi RS4 B5 vs Audi RS4 B7

Audi RS4 B5 vs Audi RS4 B7 The B5 twin turbo has chip and exhaust.

I think this is the reason why most people want Audi to return to turbos in the next RS4 & RS5... That's a 7 years old car beating a 3 years old.

You have a much longer life span with the upgrade capabilities turbos are allowing. That's almost abscent in the current gen RS4. Well yeah there's that supercharger for MTM that gives a significant gain but it's a 25K upgrade!!!

Well, I've only driven the V8 RS4 once, but that car is not aimed for straight line acceleration, but for cornering. It does cornering much better than B5, while it was faster on the straight. And you can get whatever you want...
    Although i agree with You, i still like turbos better!
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

This RS4 B5 is very, very quick for it's modifications. New original turbos, good exhaust and a nice chiptuning.

I´ve driven both, and i own B5. In my opinion B5 feels more of my car. B7 feels a bit numb, you don´t even feel the power in your seat that much.
    But like Toto said, B7 is better in cornering etc. It´s made with later technology.
    I had GT28RS set up once, but it´s not something you want in your everyday ride. Lots of power on highway speeds, but feels powerless in urban traffic slower speeds.
    Anyway, i stick with turbos =)
    http://jtmedia.kuvat.fi/kuvat/

Quote Originally Posted by LOWR1D3R View Post
    I´ve driven both, and i own B5. In my opinion B5 feels more of my car. B7 feels a bit numb, you don´t even feel the power in your seat that much.
    That's the difference between NA and turbo - a turbo engine with the same power and torque as an NA engine will feel more powerful because of the "kicK" as the turbo comes on boost.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    That's the difference between NA and turbo - a turbo engine with the same power and torque as an NA engine will feel more powerful because of the "kicK" as the turbo comes on boost.
    I like the kick RS4 B7 is giving at 5500RPM and I wouldn't want to chance the feeling when pushing over 8000RPM to any turbo kick.
    Plus B7 has better brakes, better quattro, nicer interior, much better exhaust note, much better seats (buckets), better transmission, better suspension, I could go on.

Don't get me wrong. B5 is magnificent car which is still looking very mean but it lacks so many features B7 has. Tuning potential is greater but at least I haven't needed any tuning to my B7. I still love the car after having it 1½ years...
    -JM
    Audi RS4 Avant (B7) - Daytona Grey

Quote Originally Posted by 2jm View Post
    I still love the car after having it 1½ years...
    Me too - it's the first car I've ever owned that still makes me smile every time I drive it after 2½ years of ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Me too - it's the first car I've ever owned that still makes me smile every time I drive it after 2½ years of ownership.
    Same here, wouldn't change it for anything on the market at this time. The push you get at 5500 - 6000 rpm is still amazing even almost 3 years later. Definitely my best buy so far