Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First R8 V10 test: Edmunds

This sounds crazy I know, but somehow I am starting to think that the R8 V10 is in fact a better value proposition than the R8 V8

Some interesting infos from the articles

Top 3 markets for the R8 are:

1. Germany
    2. US
    3. UK

R8 V10
    Euro production: ongoing
    Euro deliveries: end of Feb. 09

US production: end of March 09
    US deliveries: Q3 2009

Audi calculates a future model mix of 70% to 30 % - V10 to V8 :MTM:

Apparently the V10 price difference in the UK is ~ 10.000 pounds (taken into account the stadard features on the V10 that are extra on the V8: led lights, magnetic ride,...) - sounds like a "bargain"
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Mine is due for delivery in in July/Aug this year. It will be Sprint Blue with silver blades, six speed mauel box, Carbon engine bay and interior. Custom blue leather including the whole of the dash and centre console. Alacantara head lining and bucket seats with blue Alacantara incerts. I cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by streetrod454 View Post
    Mine is due for delivery in in July/Aug this year. It will be Sprint Blue with silver blades, six speed mauel box, Carbon engine bay and interior. Custom blue leather including the whole of the dash and centre console. Alacantara head lining and bucket seats with blue Alacantara incerts. I cant wait
    Congrats

Would you be so kind to tell us from which corner of the world you are comming from?
    It is interesting for some of the members that await the arrival of the mighty V10 in their countries
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

I am based in the UK

8700rpm red line!

the projected prod mix proves a V8 phase out

for a "nominal" amount- 20K or so USD you can move into a V10. at this level car that is not much. i can see 90% of V8 buyers moving up easily with not a huge loss from their V8 values in general. audi will make the V8 as long as it makes sense to do so- but i can tell you one thing- if the RS5 engine is TT (making it impossible to put in the R8) the V8 R8 is done. price difference vs V8 and separating the R8 line from the RS5 in performance will be mandatory. if the RS5 gets a TT it'll be capable of 60 mph in 4.2 seconds in real life. even if V8 R8 is done based on production mix as above- just not as soon.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Very nice video!

Looks like he was having quite a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    for a "nominal" amount- 20K or so USD you can move into a V10. at this level car that is not much. i can see 90% of V8 buyers moving up easily with not a huge loss from their V8 values in general.

My dealer thinks its going to be 150-160k. Of course I would like to pay "only" 20k more a V10, but I definitely think its going to be more than 125-130k, especially when you throw in some decent options. Either way, its a fantastic automobile that I can't wait to own.
    current rides:
    -'07 S6 phantom black/black,tech, cold, warm, carbon fiber inlays, 15% carbon fiber tint
    -'07 ML63 AMG black/black
    -'07 Accord V6/navi
    -'07 Titan LE
    -'86 M6
    former rides:
    - too many to list but last Audi before the S was a '05 A6 4.2 S-line

Quote Originally Posted by S6driver View Post
    My dealer thinks its going to be 150-160k. Of course I would like to pay "only" 20k more a V10, but I definitely think its going to be more than 125-130k, especially when you throw in some decent options. Either way, its a fantastic automobile that I can't wait to own.
    by the time you option it out and with r-tronic i can see close to 160K.

assuming it comes in std with what i have on my car now i do believe i'll see 140K on my sticker. even with a lowball dealer trade the taxes i'll save by trading it will make it a decent deal.

as an example:

say dealer offers 100K trade. V10 costs 140. you owe 40K plus taxes on only that 40K! ~2.8K. 43K out the door for a V10.... sweet deal.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I specced an R8v10 on the UK wedsite and almost everything is standard, yes you could add £12~15K on to the price by ticking the gearbox and brake options as well as full leather, CF this and that but none of this thing are really necessary. The leather that comes is perfect, the steel brake offer more feel, the gearbox isn't as good as the manual and the CF goodies are like gold cuff-links, you notice them but the rest of us only notice the nice, expensive suit you happen to be wearing, same thing for the car.

The only real necessities I see are front and rear parking sensors and cruise control, total cost of extras £850 and a total cost on the road of just about £100K. A bit of a bargain in the sector.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I specced an R8v10 on the UK wedsite and almost everything is standard, yes you could add £12~15K on to the price by ticking the gearbox and brake options as well as full leather, CF this and that but none of this thing are really necessary. The leather that comes is perfect, the steel brake offer more feel, the gearbox isn't as good as the manual and the CF goodies are like gold cuff-links, you notice them but the rest of us only notice the nice, expensive suit you happen to be wearing, same thing for the car.

The only real necessities I see are front and rear parking sensors and cruise control, total cost of extras £850 and a total cost on the road of just about £100K. A bit of a bargain in the sector.
    exactly. i expect the car to be similarly equipped here. std full leather seats sans leather dash are what i have in my car and i am fine with that. only option i might tick is the CF blades and perhaps an s-line color....

now if only we could get exact pricing in the US.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    exactly. i expect the car to be similarly equipped here. std full leather seats sans leather dash are what i have in my car and i am fine with that. only option i might tick is the CF blades and perhaps an s-line color....

now if only we could get exact pricing in the US.
    CF blades are the 'cuff-links' to me, yes they look lovely but most people will only notice the car and not this very expensive goodie that gives you the buzz everytime you look at it.

Leather dash is nice, I had it on my Boxster but only because without it the interior looked cheap and nasty, the R8 isn't like that and looks just as good without it as it does with it.
    Search and you will find the truth.