Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First R8 V10 test: Edmunds

First R8 V10 test: Edmunds

"It's taken Audi awhile to deliver the supercar that it's been promising us, but the 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI V10 appears to be just the beginning of a true German presence in the exotic car market. Both BMW and Mercedes-Benz tried and failed to crack this barrier, so all credit to the romantic engineers at Audi."

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...opanel..1.*#10
    Tumbo aka Audiholic
    Movie about my car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ4yWzwuAdQ

What was it that EVO wrote when testing the R8 V8..

"Audi humbles Porsche, a new dawn starts today."

My guess is that more brands than Porsche are scratching there heads right now, and might have done that for quite a while...

All creds to Audi for taking this step and creating this car, amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiTumbo View Post
    "It's taken Audi awhile to deliver the supercar that it's been promising us, but the 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI V10 appears to be just the beginning of a true German presence in the exotic car market. Both BMW and Mercedes-Benz tried and failed to crack this barrier, so all credit to the romantic engineers at Audi."

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...opanel..1.*#10
    That is the great thing about Audi. They are always thinking out of the box and always a bit quirky in culture. But they create some of the best cars in the world. And this is just another example of Audi's prowess in the market. They may move slower than we like them to, but execute brillantly. The R8 has been a watershed for Audi as brand. It has moved them above their competition on so many different levels. No wonder the latest surveys of Audi brand perception reflect high quality and high performance as attributes. Now add super car status to that.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

On the other hand, Lamborghini has belonged to VW for quite a while now... so this isn't really that surprising news to me... the R8 is still very very very very close to a Gallardo no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by Mihnea@MRC View Post
    On the other hand, Lamborghini has belonged to VW for quite a while now... so this isn't really that surprising news to me... the R8 is still very very very very close to a Gallardo no matter what
    or is it the gallardo who is very close to Audi?

(Lamborghini belongs to VW isn't 100% true, Audi is the owner)

it's a matter of fact, that before Audi, Lamborghini wasn't in the best condition. And now.. well, Gallardo and Murcielago are selling good, aren't they?
    Vorsprung durch Technik

VW/Audi made Lambo' good, not the other way around.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...v10/index.html

automobile mag review. i think the guy hit it just right.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post

Spot on!

Thanks for the review.

A very good reading

BUT i wonder about the info that the R8 production dropped from 25 units per day to only 2

Especially as a member on a german forum gets his R8 v10 end of 2009, beginning 2010 (his dealer allocation for the V10 is 2 per year, both are taken for 2009)
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Waiting period for both 4.2 FSI and 5.2 FSI will be shorter then usual perdiction(one year for V10) since financial crisis effected the market pretty much.

kreso- did you spec it yet?

i am number 2 at my dealer so i suspect i may not get my call till later this year. and even then i plan on an audi exclusive order with the apollo silver and an attempt to get the alcantara wheel (and perhaps the optional red interior we can get here in the US). as such, i expect to get mine in about 12 months. already put my car up for sale.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

kreso- did you spec it yet?

i am number 2 at my dealer so i suspect i may not get my call till later this year. and even then i plan on an audi exclusive order with the apollo silver and an attempt to get the alcantara wheel (and perhaps the optional red interior we can get here in the US). as such, i expect to get mine in about 12 months. already put my car up for sale.
    Yes, I did. Monza Silver with Carbon Sigma side blades. Full Black interior with Carbon Sigma Inlays, Carbon Sigma engine bay. Titanium 19" etc. Only thing that I am still thinking about are Ceramic Brakes but, I will probably stay with standard ones.

BTW, optional steering wheel is in Suede, NOT in Alcantara. Suede is VERY prone to wear so, skip that option.

On a different note, I am expecting the financial turn down to allow QuattroGmbH to push ahead with other developments.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    Yes, I did. Monza Silver with Carbon Sigma side blades. Full Black interior with Carbon Sigma Inlays, Carbon Sigma engine bay. Titanium 19" etc. Only thing that I am still thinking about are Ceramic Brakes but, I will probably stay with standard ones.

BTW, optional steering wheel is in Suede, NOT in Alcantara. Suede is VERY prone to wear so, skip that option.

sweet baby- will i be the first apollo r8? yeah!

why did you not go with the apollo or the amethyst for the R8?
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

sweet baby- will i be the first apollo r8? yeah!

why did you not go with the apollo or the amethyst for the R8?
    Apollo Silver is still possible(in fact it is tight decision between Monza and Apollo). Amethyst Grey or Aventurin Blue indeed look nice but, my opinion is that lighter colors look way better on V10 because of its design details in High Gloss Black.

"So, loads of torque and flexibility and refinement for daily driving coupled with a race-car soundtrack when you’re in hooligan mode. Perfect."

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    VW/Audi made Lambo' good, not the other way around.
    Agreed. I always get kick out of Audi haters saying that Lambo somehow made Audi better. Get serious, before Audi Lambo was on the ropes and ready to become history with highly outdated manufactering abilities. Audi introduced not only state of the art manufactering processes but engineering as well. Present day Lambo engines would be nothing if not for Audi engineering abilities. And it is obvious today with the R8 V10.
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"