Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just talked to someone, and got the scoop on the RS5 motor...

Just talked to someone, and got the scoop on the RS5 motor...

It WILL be a twin turbo beast! Not NA, not supercharged, turbo!

Interesting bits of info, the RS5 test vehicle has been running around WITH an NA motor, that has a dual throttle body setup. This has been part of testing for the chassis tuning and pilminary transmission (dsg) testing.

I think that the test vehicle is what is throwing the impression of it being NA, as it is, but the final product will be TT!

YEAH!

how trustfully is your write? if it will be soo, then its a dream!
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

If I didn't trust the source I would not have posted anything. This person got to see the thest vehicle for the RS5 when they brought it out to Colorado, (and I missed it!) and he got to speak with the engineers from Germany that were doing high altitude tests, and view the vehicle, along with the tt-rs...

I really, relly hope this is true. Turbos is what Audi does best and the RS5 should be one hell of a car with two of those...

Hello p3u

Did your source say something new about the TTRS?

Thanks

He said it looked amazing, and the turbo was 100% visible, not hidden behind anything. Not sure how close to production it was though.

Also said it had the same red colored head as the RS4...

Nice info
    I agree because RS5 with 4.0 V8 TT is the best and most logical choice in current circumstances...
    NA test mules can be used for fine tuning the drivetrain

This would be GREAT! I still expect 4.2 N/A, and I'm still hoping that I'm SO WRONG!!!

looking forward to see first official pictures of RS5 ...

i still think it will be NA also. though i wish it were to be a TT. i also think a TT would make sense because in different stages of tuning it could be placed in the A6/S6/A7/A8.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Thing is, Audi is working on the new forced induction 4.0l V8 turbo or S/C, and that engine will replace good old 4.2 in the future, starting with new A8, only problem is that I'm expecting RS 5 to feature last ''incarnation'' of the 4.2 N/A, B/C, as I said in some other post, Audi is ''buying'' time with this car..., it is probably the last performance Audi ever to be equiped with N/A engine... Once more, I hope I'm wrong, and I'm hoping for the turbo engine.

TT and DSG is what I've heard.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    TT and DSG is what I've heard.
    I honestly hope that you have wright info'! V8 bi-turbo paired with DSG (S-tronic) will be one nice combo'...

it can still be possible for this change to TT.. as we know the RS5 was initially targeted to be released before TT RS and that it got swapped, so this measn we will not hear about official RS5 before end of year, which leaves quite some time to finalize the engine specs right ?

I'm right there waiting for both cars to make my deicison to replace my ex RS4 V8. I really loved my RS4 V8, but was not able to go much more over the original power (already that it does not have the 420 hp announced, but ather 380hp, so I ended with all mods incl remap, full exhaust at real 420hp). goign for a comrpessor is so expensive that it is not a good deal.

The TT RS 340hp will have its power for sure (like all Turbos applications by audi). and knowing that this TT will be 400 to 500 pounds less the power to weight will be same as RS4 V8, so am expectign to see performance figures as the RS4 V8 but with serious tunability.

If RS5 is another NA engine.... It will not be for me. if its a TT, I will take without hesitation....

the issues with all this, is that I will need to be patient before we know for sure what is behind that RS5 hood...

Quote Originally Posted by youry View Post
    it can still be possible for this change to TT.. as we know the RS5 was initially targeted to be released before TT RS and that it got swapped, so this measn we will not hear about official RS5 before end of year, which leaves quite some time to finalize the engine specs right ?

I'm right there waiting for both cars to make my deicison to replace my ex RS4 V8. I really loved my RS4 V8, but was not able to go much more over the original power (already that it does not have the 420 hp announced, but ather 380hp, so I ended with all mods incl remap, full exhaust at real 420hp). goign for a comrpessor is so expensive that it is not a good deal.

The TT RS 340hp will have its power for sure (like all Turbos applications by audi). and knowing that this TT will be 400 to 500 pounds less the power to weight will be same as RS4 V8, so am expectign to see performance figures as the RS4 V8 but with serious tunability.

If RS5 is another NA engine.... It will not be for me. if its a TT, I will take without hesitation....

the issues with all this, is that I will need to be patient before we know for sure what is behind that RS5 hood...
    awesome position
    agree with you
    If RS5 is TT I go for it for sure...
    If NA I will change my mind and look around

I hope that Audi decided to postpone RS5 introduction to have enough time to prepapre the TT engine

What output do you expect from the 4.0 V8 TT?
    ~450 Hp?
    @youry
    Was that you who sold his awesome sprint blue RS4 with 20" wheels on luxauto.lu?

I think yes. but i sold it via mobile.de to a guy in Norway.

you can find more pics here:
    www.rsquattro.com

Quote Originally Posted by TTDriver View Post
    What output do you expect from the 4.0 V8 TT?
    ~450 Hp?
    @youry
    Was that you who sold his awesome sprint blue RS4 with 20" wheels on luxauto.lu?
    450 Hp at minimum
    480 Hp at maximum