Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: February SoCal Get Together

February SoCal Get Together

Southern California folks, I sent out an email a couple of weeks ago wanting to put together a little drive/hang out sometime soon. I'm fairly certain there are some whose email I don't have and due to scheduling conflicts, we're pushing more towards the middle of February, I figured there's enough time to post and see if there were more interested.

The tentative plan now is to maybe look at the 15th of February as most of you probably have plans for the 14th

I wish you guys were closer. Have a fun run in the mountains and maybe we can come over the weekend. I will bring the motorhome and make it a weekend. I can bring the beast in the enclosed trailer.

I think we are about 4hrs from San Diego along I-8

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    Southern California folks, I sent out an email a couple of weeks ago wanting to put together a little drive/hang out sometime soon. I'm fairly certain there are some whose email I don't have and due to scheduling conflicts, we're pushing more towards the middle of February, I figured there's enough time to post and see if there were more interested.

The tentative plan now is to maybe look at the 15th of February as most of you probably have plans for the 14th

methinks you should do a weekend trip to LA!

Feb 28, 2008 we can run with SCC Audi through the Santa Monica Mountains. They have a run coming up then. Check out www.sccaudi.com and look under the events section. I think this would be more fun, we add to their event by bringing out the big Audis (RS6, S6, RS4, S8, and some R8s)
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

Now we are talking! I could make this happen. Its 4.5hrs to Palm Springs, we can park the motorhome/trailer at one of the big RV parks. Then drive the beast down in the morning for the run. Hmmmm

I may look for a closer RV park that will take my rig/trailer (65ft total).

http://www.sccaudi.com/articles.asp?id=199

I can get alittle motivation for something like this. And they have some track dates for Feb and April. Its a 7hr drive to Spring Mtn for the April track event. Hmmmm, I could make that one as well.

Greg?

Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    Feb 28, 2008 we can run with SCC Audi through the Santa Monica Mountains. They have a run coming up then. Check out www.sccaudi.com and look under the events section. I think this would be more fun, we add to their event by bringing out the big Audis (RS6, S6, RS4, S8, and some R8s)

Greg and DHall1, let's get as many SoCal RS6ers there as possible. Are you guys in?

Tight and twisty! Bring the Dramamine: Two legged drive is a 5 out of 5.

We’re delighted to begin the year with a new drive, plotted by one of our new members, Clinton Quan

Cruising along Mulholland Highway through the Santa Monica Mountains we’ll take several diversions to remote by-ways with breath-taking vistas overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

We’ll lead into the mighty Yerba Buena, considered one of the best technical drives with a 12 mile menagerie of 188 successive turns. This road is home to endangered fauna, and, known for its rugged beauty, is often seen in auto commercials.

Then it’s onto Latigo Canyon Road, the quintessential canyon run with 166 turns, going inland from the beach

Turning South just this side of Ventura Co. line, we’ll enjoy the grandeur of Pacific Coast Highway before the final turn where we’ll unwind at a casual lunch spot.

MEET/TIMETABLE: *Village Coffee Roasters, 23351 Mulholland Drive, Woodland Hills. Arrive/ Sign-in 8:30 –9:00 am. Mandatory
    *101 Fwy Exit 29, Mulholland Drive/Valley Circle Blvd Woodland Hills CA. Observe all roadway markings to ensure LEGAL left turn into shopping center… Heavy Police enforcement… You may make LEGAL U-turn in 0.5 mile @ Deseret

Registration will be posted closer to the event date
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

man i love the energy - hope i can make it . best regards. HS
    quality doesn't come in a twist off.

I'll be there...
    2003 Audi RS6- Pearl Black Effect
    Eurocharged ECU/MTM TCU, Hyperboost DV, RSN-E/BT/XM, K&N, EBC-RED

I will be there too

Ok,

We could have 5 or 6 RS6s in one place at one time. Add to that the drive that day and it could be very very fun.

I have put the plans in place to make it for this Audi run on Feb 28.

Lets hope this works out.

Ok,

I have the green light from the "boss". Plan to start making my travel plans and look for the RV spot for base camp. :-)

Who do we have in so far?

1. Dave Hall / RS6 Avus/Bla

Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    Greg and DHall1, let's get as many SoCal RS6ers there as possible. Are you guys in?

Tight and twisty! Bring the Dramamine: Two legged drive is a 5 out of 5.

We’re delighted to begin the year with a new drive, plotted by one of our new members, Clinton Quan

Cruising along Mulholland Highway through the Santa Monica Mountains we’ll take several diversions to remote by-ways with breath-taking vistas overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

We’ll lead into the mighty Yerba Buena, considered one of the best technical drives with a 12 mile menagerie of 188 successive turns. This road is home to endangered fauna, and, known for its rugged beauty, is often seen in auto commercials.

Then it’s onto Latigo Canyon Road, the quintessential canyon run with 166 turns, going inland from the beach

Turning South just this side of Ventura Co. line, we’ll enjoy the grandeur of Pacific Coast Highway before the final turn where we’ll unwind at a casual lunch spot.

MEET/TIMETABLE: *Village Coffee Roasters, 23351 Mulholland Drive, Woodland Hills. Arrive/ Sign-in 8:30 –9:00 am. Mandatory
    *101 Fwy Exit 29, Mulholland Drive/Valley Circle Blvd Woodland Hills CA. Observe all roadway markings to ensure LEGAL left turn into shopping center… Heavy Police enforcement… You may make LEGAL U-turn in 0.5 mile @ Deseret

Registration will be posted closer to the event date

richard, dave, justin, let me try to nail down paul. We've got some guys in SD. There's also Ben.

Get the word out Greg!

6,7 or 8 RS6s come rolling up to this meet. Wow. Take pics for Audi, that will put the 6 million dollar commercial to shame. Bring the cameras.

richard, dave, justin, let me try to nail down paul. We've got some guys in SD. There's also Ben.

the last time everybody got together, we had a total of 7 RS6s get together, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8p2ZQMht8 and we speculated at the time that this was probably the largest gathering of RS6s in the US at any time.

Yes, and this time. Cruising along Mulholland Highway through the Santa Monica Mountains. The beasts will be unleashed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsbuMqHYtss

That R8 R sounds fantastic. Wow, wow, wow

the last time everybody got together, we had a total of 7 RS6s get together, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg8p2ZQMht8 and we speculated at the time that this was probably the largest gathering of RS6s in the US at any time.

heh, well, as much as I love my rs6, there is a reason why I started looking at Lotus and S2000s. This car is simply too heavy for the twists of the canyon runs. This was very evident when we ran up Palomar Mountain, I was behind one of the guys from SCCA's racer'ed out A4, and he killed me in the turns, granted I caught up with him on the couple straights but it's clear that lighter is definitely the way to go for twists.

Technique goes a long way when you have a 4000+lb car and your chasing down a 3500lb car with 1/2 the hp. It can be done but only with the correct technique.

If the "SCCA" guy was well trained in corner technique you would have a job on your hands but the RS should kill that car.

Anyways, this should be a nice cruise thru the mtns with some zip in a few spots. All good fun. I have never driven that section of hwy and never seen the road in person. Nor my wife....so we are anxious to just see the area. And blast the beast alittle.

heh, well, as much as I love my rs6, there is a reason why I started looking at Lotus and S2000s. This car is simply too heavy for the twists of the canyon runs. This was very evident when we ran up Palomar Mountain, I was behind one of the guys from SCCA's racer'ed out A4, and he killed me in the turns, granted I caught up with him on the couple straights but it's clear that lighter is definitely the way to go for twists.

Well, he was probably a bit more skilled than I am but ultimately, in those conditions, I would have to be a much better driver to compensate for the weight. But, as you said, it's not a race, just some good fun. Not trying to get another speeding ticket anyway!