Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: February SoCal Get Together

Quote Originally Posted by DuckWingDuck View Post
    ya, but odds are, there won't be enough people that turn out to justify that many groups. But as I said, right now, honestly my car isn't set up for really "pushing it" type of driving.
    I registered in the not so fast group as on these drives there are many drivers with various driving skill levels and some with no track time or instructor time at all. I've driven on ice in Austria at the Seefeld Audi Driving Experience for example. Therefore, I cringe at being in a "spirited" or "fast" group with someone that may not have the skills on narrow twisty roads to properly handle their Audi. Audis can hide many of our driving imperfections, but like three years ago on the famous "Julian Drive" a guy in an RS4 went off the road and into the cow patties destroying his entire front end. He had the harness, but come to find out he never attended a track based instructor event. Audis are awesome driving machines, but even they cannot make up for nonskilled driver. So, I generally go conservative in these drives and make it a leisurely event for Bogart (my S6) to enjoy. Though last year Hugo (my TT) went all out as Greg can attest to that.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone. So I hope we can have a nice turnout from the RS6ers. Village Coffee Roasters is well known for hosting exotic car shows each Sunday as the owner Dusty is way cool with the SoCal Audi crowd. Those going try to be there at 7:45AM or so for a small GTG of our own. (coffee not beer in the morning)
    "Four Rings to Rule Them All - Audi"

We have booked the RV spot just east of West Covina. East Shore RV park in San Dimas. Will be driving over early Sat am. I will try to make the early coffee. What sort of time should I plan given the early Sat drivetime? 1 1/2hr?

Is anyone coming from West Covina area?

Here is a shot of how my STI used to roll. And yes, the STI is getting flat towed by the motorhome. I can only guess how many STI folks were turning over in the grave when they saw me coming. lol

RS6 gets things alittle nicer. Matching Haulmark enclosed trailer...lets hope it fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Audiphile View Post
    I registered in the not so fast group as on these drives there are many drivers with various driving skill levels and some with no track time or instructor time at all. I've driven on ice in Austria at the Seefeld Audi Driving Experience for example. Therefore, I cringe at being in a "spirited" or "fast" group with someone that may not have the skills on narrow twisty roads to properly handle their Audi. Audis can hide many of our driving imperfections, but like three years ago on the famous "Julian Drive" a guy in an RS4 went off the road and into the cow patties destroying his entire front end. He had the harness, but come to find out he never attended a track based instructor event. Audis are awesome driving machines, but even they cannot make up for nonskilled driver. So, I generally go conservative in these drives and make it a leisurely event for Bogart (my S6) to enjoy. Though last year Hugo (my TT) went all out as Greg can attest to that.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone. So I hope we can have a nice turnout from the RS6ers. Village Coffee Roasters is well known for hosting exotic car shows each Sunday as the owner Dusty is way cool with the SoCal Audi crowd. Those going try to be there at 7:45AM or so for a small GTG of our own. (coffee not beer in the morning)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	STI.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	7663  

Dave, Justin (JCT2003) is close to West Covina, but maybe you can try to find something closer? If you can't, it probably won't take that long, probably hour at most. Even from Irvine google maps is telling me that it'll only take an hour 13 minutes, and that's @60, so I can probably make it there in about an hour or less. Our friends Holiday and ben916 though, they might need to leave real early to try to make morning coffee @745a.

Use this address to plot your course: 23351 Mulholland Drive, Woodland Hills, CA

Dave, Justin (JCT2003) is close to West Covina, but maybe you can try to find something closer? If you can't, it probably won't take that long, probably hour at most. Even from Irvine google maps is telling me that it'll only take an hour 13 minutes, and that's @60, so I can probably make it there in about an hour or less. Our friends Holiday and ben916 though, they might need to leave real early to try to make morning coffee @745a.

Use this address to plot your course: 23351 Mulholland Drive, Woodland Hills, CA

No problem, 8 AM is totally cool. Greg you can stop at my house on the way.

Richard, no problem, we'll meet at your house and go from there.

Hey all,

Whats the deal with the 101 interchange at Valley Cir Blvd/Mulholland Dr. Google maps says I have to turn right and go the opposite direction (N) for several blocks before I can turn around. What the heck? Then I come back down Valley Cir and over the 101 going past the spot to again U turn at Desert Dr before reaching the location.

So, you cannot turn left (S) after exit from 101?
    I really have to go so far north on Valley Cir before turning around?

Never mind. I was clicking and dragging too fast and added a destination. Haha

??

Is there a tax collector at each corner?? lol

[quote=DHall1;153416]Hey all,

Whats the deal with the 101 interchange at Valley Cir Blvd/Mulholland Dr. Google maps says I have to turn right and go the opposite direction (N) for several blocks before I can turn around. What the heck? Then I come back down Valley Cir and over the 101 going past the spot to again U turn at Desert Dr before reaching the location.

So, you cannot turn left (S) after exit from 101?
    I really have to go so far north on Valley Cir before turning around?

Never mind. I was clicking and dragging too fast and added a destination. Haha

It is very simple. Exit Valley Circle/Mulholland Dr. You exit the off-ramp to right. When you come to the Stop light at t he end fo the off-ramp you will turn LEFT (going South) and drive over the 101 Freeway. The Village Coffee Roasters is located in the big shopping plaza on the other side of the freeway bridge. You will see a CVS there and I think it is a Ralphs (but it is grocery chain). You cannot miss it. Coffee Roasters is next the grocery store.

Hopefully I can meet up with you guys! And bring something beyond a stock RS6 by then..
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

snap, another irvine guy. Wait a minute, did you buy yours from Audi MV? Send me an email man, greg @ twilightstar.net

Sorry for the late reply. 14th was my B Day (no biggie) but I have been swamped with the fact my newborn is now here. Most likely I will be a no show... but at least wanted to chime in.

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan

Greg,

I think he mentioned it has 98k. Then its that Daytona one that has been listed for a few months. I think it was private sale down there in So Cal.

snap, another irvine guy. Wait a minute, did you buy yours from Audi MV? Send me an email man, greg @ twilightstar.net

Probably. I havent particularly been looking long, and just came upon it. After I inspected it and got the service history, and worked out a price, it was a no brainer. DRC and new Torque converter done in last few 1000 miles, and all other maint records found. 1 owner since new. Traded in on new S6. Was not from a Franchise dealer.
    03 RS6 | Daytona Gray on black | KW V3 | Rotiform 19x10 Wheels | REVO ECU | MTM TCU | 170k miles and counting..
    "Some people play hard to get... I play hard to want."

oh, okay, ya, not Doug's car from audi MV then.

Think i can actually make this one. Will hopefully see ya all there.
    H.S
    quality doesn't come in a twist off.

Hi, all. New to the board, but I'm a 2-time RS6 owner. I'm not 100% sure I can make it on the 28th, but I've registered for the drive and am planning on being there. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of beasts in one place!

Wow,

Come on guys! We could see 9 or 10 RS6's at this meet.

I like it!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jscogg View Post
    Hi, all. New to the board, but I'm a 2-time RS6 owner. I'm not 100% sure I can make it on the 28th, but I've registered for the drive and am planning on being there. Looking forward to seeing a bunch of beasts in one place!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Wow,

I like it!

Dave
    Now that would be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Wow,

Sorry to be the party pooper... but in nearly 5 years the best we had was 6 at one meet... you will not see 10 at one place...

Ben
    Einstein once said, "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are details."
    Ron Paul Fan