Thread: Help needed: Strange sound

Help needed: Strange sound

I've started to hear a very annoying squeek from the back of the car when I drive. It's close to a rattle - but more of a squeeking sound. No thud, more a kind of high-pitched shiver if that makes sense.... It's difficult to locate the origin but is sounds like either behind the back right seat, wheel house or from the dash behind the back seats.

Usually sounds when going over bumps but mostly on rougher roads when the car either shudders or the chassis moves horisontally (going slowly over speed bumps at an angle for instance).

Anyone experience the same or care to speculate on the reason?

It's the first issue ever with the car and beside that it's been running perfectly after a total of 67000kms.
    Audi RS4
    "The ringmaster"

BMW M coupe
    "Itīs a lot like nothing else"

i have this situation too with my B7 RS4, the reason is theres an oil leakage at the suspension. After taking to the service centre refill oil then the problems gone. Try taking it to service centre and ask them to check suspension oil leakage, hope my adivce will help.

Im now using H&R lower springs, this problem happens very often, really didnt like the noise a lot. Im thinking of changing to KW suspension soon.

Dear cally,

your description fits a underpreasured DRC System. Most likely due a oil leak on either one of the back dampers and/or a supply pipe coming from the the central valve.

How is your ride quality? Firm?

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear cally,

your description fits a underpreasured DRC System. Most likely due a oil leak on either one of the back dampers and/or a supply pipe coming from the the central valve.

How is your ride quality? Firm?

Qisha
    Qisha: What kind of impact would a faulty DRC have on ride quality? Is this a guarantee issue or regular service cost - as I've heard and read several threads on the issue. Is there an official verdict from Audi, or is it the dealers decision?
    Audi RS4
    "The ringmaster"

BMW M coupe

Dear mbolo,

What kind of impact would a faulty DRC have on ride quality?
    If the pressure within the DRC system is too low, the ride is "bouncy". As the rebound is effected, you will notice this best driving over irregularities.
    Is this a guarantee issue or regular service cost
    If the car is within the warranty, yes- the repair is covered.

Qisha

Got a tip from another form (teamspeed) to fold down the rear seats, and wrap the u-hook with a layer of electricians tape. Worked like a charm and car rides as good as ever so no DRC-issues it would seem (fingers crossed)
    Audi RS4
    "The ringmaster"

BMW M coupe