Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: S4 vs 335i

Yes, Michelin Pilots are THE best tires I've ever had... As for weight, remember the S4 is more of a GT than a dragster/track whore... If your that serious about track times, who's gonna gut the interior, add rollcage, etc... on a brand new S4? Seriously?

There's nothing better than going into boost on the highway when an unsuspecting adversary pulls up on you... Audi's are sleepers. I am always getting from others, what the hell is under the hood!!! And in Avant trim? forget it. The look on people's faces when they're being pulled on by a station wagon, lol, that's the best!!!!
    "Achieve Rezolution" -Rezmoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by AudiTumbo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by leadfoot (Sept 28th '08)
    No actual data to go from but one can make a pretty good stab at it based on data from other cars of similar weight, power, drive train, etc.

If the 0-100km/h is a quoted 5.1s (manual) and we know Audi are a bit conversative I would said a time of 4.8s is on the cards for the S/Tronic. That might mean a 160km/h of 11.5~11.8s and a 200km/h of 17.8~18.3s.
    Not a bad guess, all things considered and the only reason I got the 0-60mph time out is the fact that Audi decided to not install any form of Launch Control.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Dear Friends,

took place recently. Enjoy!

http://www.vimeo.com/2953811

Qisha

Quote Originally Posted by Qisha View Post
    Dear Friends,

took place recently. Enjoy!

http://www.vimeo.com/2953811

Qisha
    Repost... http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17550

Qisha, you should read some threads more carefully... Posted already yesterday by Pretender. Credit for this video goes to Positronium again...

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post

Qisha, you should read some threads more carefully... Posted already yesterday by Pretender. Credit for this video goes to Positronium again...
    We all have too much to do in the days, it's impossible to know everything everywhere.

Thanks for an excellent video!
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Kreso- no need to correct or imply. everyone reposts things from another source sooner or later.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

AMS also pit these two one up against each other..., S4 winning, again.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/v...st-943267.html

Should that be a surprise or something...?

Back to the respective weights- I read that an B7 RS4 weighs 5 kg LESS than an 09 M3 Coupe, even with the Bee Em having no 4WD and a carbon roof (BTW this roof supposedly lowers the cars centre of gravity by approx. 3mm, yet the M3 saloon seems to get better overall reviews than its coupe sibling- EVO magazine for example. Perhaps the different suspension settings are the reason?) Also, a new A4 is lighter than the equivalent B7 model, despite being bigger, at least as far as my memory serves me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cale24 View Post
    Back to the respective weights- I read that an B7 RS4 weighs 5 kg LESS than an 09 M3 Coupe, even with the Bee Em having no 4WD and a carbon roof (BTW this roof supposedly lowers the cars centre of gravity by approx. 3mm, yet the M3 saloon seems to get better overall reviews than its coupe sibling- EVO magazine for example. Perhaps the different suspension settings are the reason?) Also, a new A4 is lighter than the equivalent B7 model, despite being bigger, at least as far as my memory serves me.
    The comparative weight differences between the RS4 and M3 might be misleading, I also originally thought the their respective weights were conducted the same way but every review which has compared the two always find a difference between 75~100kgs in favour of the M3. Now while differing spec of each car could account for some of this it will not account for all of it.

Example, if an RS4 which comes standard with manual seats is tested with elec Recaro seats the weight maybe as much as 25~30kgs more. It's probably the greater weight option one can add to a car from the option list.

Who here has a stock RS4 with zero additional option and has tested it's weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Cale24 View Post
    Different standarts for weigh calculation.
    BMW includes a driver, and a fuel tank in its weight, and Audi doesn't include... so the difference is about 100 kg in the favor of BMW...

Interesting, but I still think it would be worthwhile to compare 2 stock standard cars (B7 RS4 and E92 M3, coupe or saloon) and get the real difference exactly. It does seem logical for the RS4 to weigh more I admit...

RS4 will weigh for 70-80 kg more

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    RS4 will weigh for 70-80 kg more
    A price to pay for having the advantage of Quattro.

I just specced the S4 and 335i M/Sport saloon to see if getting an S model over a normal BMW was much more expensive and to my surprise it actually works out cheaper. :bigeyes:

The S4 with SatNav, full Audi Select drive, S/Tronic, Sportdiff and a lot of goodies the young executive needs cost £43,560 on the road.

The equivalent 335i M/Sport saloon with all of the above but obviously minus Sportdiff and the damper/steering/gearbox control (Audi Select) cost £43,830 on the road.

Not only is the S4 a better car but it's a cheaper one to boot. Smiles around.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I just specced the S4 and 335i M/Sport saloon to see if getting an S model over a normal BMW was much more expensive and to my surprise it actually works out cheaper. :bigeyes:

The S4 with SatNav, full Audi Select drive, S/Tronic, Sportdiff and a lot of goodies the young executive needs cost £43,560 on the road.

The equivalent 335i M/Sport saloon with all of the above but obviously minus Sportdiff and the damper/steering/gearbox control (Audi Select) cost £43,830 on the road.

Not only is the S4 a better car but it's a cheaper one to boot. Smiles around.
    ONLY in UK.

Example Germany:

S4 with S tronic, Drive Select and Sport diff/Dynamic steering-full specs 68715€

335i Coupe with DCT-full specs and Performance 326ps/450Nm kit(around 2500€ if you order it with new car) 66120€

So, S4 is still 2500€ more expensive... Same story on my market were BMW is actually cheaper then Audi.

BTW, I added in price of both car the best sound systems available- B&O for Audi and Individual for BMW. To my huge supriese as audiophile I can say that way more expensive Individual system in BMW sounds about 5 times better then B&O system in Audi...

ONLY in UK.

Example Germany:

S4 with S tronic, Drive Select and Sport diff/Dynamic steering-full specs 68715€

335i Coupe with DCT-full specs and Performance 326ps/450Nm kit(around 2500€ if you order it with new car) 66120€

So, S4 is still 2500€ more expensive... Same story on my market were BMW is actually cheaper then Audi.

BTW, I added in price of both car the best sound systems available- B&O for Audi and Individual for BMW. To my huge supriese as audiophile I can say that way more expensive Individual system in BMW sounds about 5 times better then B&O system in Audi...
    is that the prologic 7 sound system?
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

NO, it is Individual sound system-2100€.