Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: RS5 Nurburgringtest

From what I can hear in that RS5 test, that car doesn't have a V8 NA: it's a 3.0 supercharged or turbocharged or a V8 supercarged. That is not the sound of big V8 NA. And, also, that movie doesn't tell us that test mule has the final engine. Maybe it's just another test, with an engine that will never make it to production. They still have time to choose the right one, my bet there are at least 2 different engines testing at the same time for the RS5.
    2007 RS4 V8 - best NA car ever owned
    2006 GOLF R32 - 405 hp HGP TURBO - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDevil View Post
    Did you ever saw that file it if from 1.5.2008 and all data is correct for S4, R8 V10....etc

It look like that RS5 will be 4.2FSI 331KW (450HP)

http://www.shrani.si/f/V/GQ/3vB2IIFZ/audi.xls

Best Regards
    Can anyone else verify the info?

I looked at it and it has 3 books inside. It even mentions things like the new Z4, CLK, 7 Series etc and looks accurate. From an Audi point of view, it mentions the S4, S5 (with 3.0TFSi), R8 V10 etc.

The interesting thing is that in 2009 we should be seeing: A4 Allroad, A7 Sportback, R8 V10, Q7 facelift, A5 Sportback, S5 Cabriolet, new A8.

We have already seen most of these in testing! The only one I cant remember seeing is the Q7 facelift and A5 Sportback.
    HKS786

I think that data is very acurate...

Quote Originally Posted by audi_ch View Post
    What i heard but cant confirme further rs models wouldnt have the bigger/wider wheel arches as known so far, due to aditional cost.
    Real shame. The more I think about it the more im inclined to pick up a used M3/M6 for ~£35k.
    Truth In The Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Real shame. The more I think about it the more im inclined to pick up a used M3/M6 for ~£35k.
    The car is not even out yet and you're given it the worst you can

These are still speculations and even if they are right, we still don't know what the final result will be. So relax :cool2: .

MB
    What is an Audi without quattro?

cool down. iam 100% sure that this will never happen.
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Used M3 prices are great actually, and I agree with you there.

Just wait for the RS5 though. Look at the RS4, RS6, TT-S, S4, R8 V10...all great models. I think the RS6 and S4 could have better designs but thats all really. So there's no way Audi are going to put a half-effort into their next high performer!

Also, look at how mean the front bumper of RS5 test cars is. I doubt the rest of the car will look anything less than aggressive
    HKS786

Quote Originally Posted by Michaël Barbé View Post
    The car is not even out yet and you're given it the worst you can

These are still speculations and even if they are right, we still don't know what the final result will be. So relax :cool2: .

MB
    You misunderstand me friend. Considering the current economic climate im questioning if it is wise for me to spend £60k on a new car when I can get virtually all the performance (minus awd) for £35k with a used (but virtually new) M3 or M6.

I joined this forum in Sept '07 shortky after putting a deposit down for an RS5 and am still waiting. I just think Honda pulling out of F1/NSX, BMW cancelling CSL and automotive attitudes shifting away from the HP wars and concentrating on green technologies, emissions and cost cutting will the RS5 be the same sports car it could have been had the HP/performance wars continued?

Reusing the 4.2 engine, No flender flares, No evidence of an attempt at weight reduction. I think the RS5 will in all likelihood match or slightly improve upon the M3 (as the e92 M3 did with the RS4). I doubt it will be the quantum leap the RS4 was over the E46 M3.
    Truth In The Blacklist

FWIW, I think the price issue is very valid - a little used M3 is in likelihood nearly as good as the upcoming RS5, but a lot cheaper in these recessionary times.

As regards the RS5, it is too early to tell but I think signs are reasonable overall. An updated 8700rpm 450PS NA V8 and DSG in the new MLP platform sounds good to me and the sport diff will be very useful indeed in dialling out understeer. However, weight will be a problem for sure - merely add DSG + Sport diff to S5 manual and you hit 1800kg including fluids even before considering suspension and brake upgrades. Changing a few body panels to aluminium will do very little. The looks are growing on me, though. I love the flared wheel arches in my RS4, but they are also there for a reason: 37-47mm wider tracks front-back. In contrast, the S5 has a very wide track to start with and flared wheel arches just for the sake of it is not at least my idea of elegant styling but rather more rice boy/tuner stuff. But lets wait and see...

don't know guys. the RS5 will def have flared arches. maybe some CF and more alum. combined that with a substantially reengineered all aluminium engine and you could see sig weight savings (sport seats included). with DSG expect it to make real world 0-60 times of 4.1 secs if that is the case. i suspect the V8 R8 performance numbers will go down that much more.

some errors too. the 4.2 R8 spider is labeled at 525 hp. interestingly there is NO R8 V8 coupe on there. and there is no mention of a TT RS!!!!!
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    don't know guys. the RS5 will def have flared arches. maybe some CF and more alum. combined that with a substantially reengineered all aluminium engine and you could see sig weight savings (sport seats included). with DSG expect it to make real world 0-60 times of 4.1 secs if that is the case. i suspect the V8 R8 performance numbers will go down that much more.

some errors too. the 4.2 R8 spider is labeled at 525 hp. interestingly there is NO R8 V8 coupe on there. and there is no mention of a TT RS!!!!!
    what there will be a 4.2l R8 with 525 hp and the new 5.2 V10 R8 with 525 hp

whats that shit??? :eye:
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we´re not hard enough".~~~

Quote Originally Posted by tvrfan View Post
    what there will be a 4.2l R8 with 525 hp and the new 5.2 V10 R8 with 525 hp

whats that shit??? :eye:
    Relax it'll just be a typing error Also, the 4.2 coupe is not there because it has already been released. This document is showing upcoming models. At the time it was printed the hadnt seen the 5.2 Coupe. Now we still have to see the Spyder version of 4.2 and 5.2.
    HKS786

I'm still hoping that the RS5 will look similar to the images in CAR magazine. That has to be the best looking photoshops to date.

I don't care that they got the engine specs wrong as long as they got the looks correct.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Is this new...? Article saying V10..., I doubt that.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/19/v...ts-german-for/

If you think the previous RS4 sheared it's engine with the R8, they might have a good point, since the R8 V10 is already out to have the RS5 with the same V10 engine. Now, tell what you want, but that will really be something special in my book and will take everyone by surprise. GOOOO QUATTRO!!!
    2007 RS4 V8 - best NA car ever owned
    2006 GOLF R32 - 405 hp HGP TURBO - SOLD

I think that V10 is out of question, due to a relations with BMW and Merc'...

According to the guy who is very kind to pass some info my way he assures me that the engine sounds we are hearing is a high revving V8. So maybe the reason the induction noise is so similar to the Gallardo is because the two engines are basically the same minus a couple of cylinders.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by MR USER View Post
    Arches or not it disappoints me that the car weights a lot more than the RS4 and gets the same performance package... When I chipped mine it reached 450... So I guess driving the new RS5 should feel like driving my car with 5 people and some luggage inside...

Wouldn't it make more sense to cover the gap between RS6 and RS4? Somewhere in the range of 500 bhp and 600 newton?

+ if RS5 competes with M6 and its 500+ horses v10.... the audi should come with the same v10 engine seen in the R8v10... Now that would make sense to me... forget the V8! (I love the v8 but in my car not in the RS5...)

Not to mention that it makes sense from a mathematical point of view as well...

If Rs4 is to V8 as RS6 is to V10+2turboes then RS5=V10!

The equation leaves no doubt... the RS5 must have a V10!
    I did say it... it's math!!! on the other hand in the video it does sound exactly like the RS4 when the recording is taken from the front... The aspiration sound and note are the same as my car... the exhaust note on the other hand.... that is really different.... So I do believe that is the RS4 v8 with different sound and possibly more power.... but I really pray that I'm wrong and it's a V10!!!