Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RS5 Nurburgringtest

improve a littel bit the engine from the rs4 put it up to 450 hp, didnt cost as mutch as using a new or other engine in the rs5.

What i heard but cant confirme further rs models wouldnt have the bigger/wider wheel arches as known so far, due to aditional coast.
    Would be really sad, and would approach them to the amg models, witch normaly have the same messurement as the normal merc models.

We will see

What's next... RS 5 will be just A5 2.0 TDI with one RS 5 badge at the back...

Quote Originally Posted by audi_ch View Post
    improve a littel bit the engine from the rs4 put it up to 450 hp, didnt cost as mutch as using a new or other engine in the rs5.

What i heard but cant confirme further rs models wouldnt have the bigger/wider wheel arches as known so far, due to aditional coast.
    Would be really sad, and would approach them to the amg models, witch normaly have the same messurement as the normal merc models.

We will see
    sorry but i dont believe that. quattro gmbh wouldnt do that for sure
    ~~~And God did ask the stones... wants their Quattro to drive... the stones answered..." no we“re not hard enough".~~~

We will see

At the moment I just don't know what to believe.

It would be a very sad state of affairs if all models basically looked the same, it's part of a problem I have with the S version but as it's only the equviliant to a M/Sport in a BMW I can accept this but not in an RS version.

It's part of their appeal their huge arches and aggressive nose, anything less than these looks will make it no more than one of the pack instead of being the leader of the pack.

Search and you will find the truth.

Arches or not it disappoints me that the car weights a lot more than the RS4 and gets the same performance package... When I chipped mine it reached 450... So I guess driving the new RS5 should feel like driving my car with 5 people and some luggage inside...

Wouldn't it make more sense to cover the gap between RS6 and RS4? Somewhere in the range of 500 bhp and 600 newton?

+ if RS5 competes with M6 and its 500+ horses v10.... the audi should come with the same v10 engine seen in the R8v10... Now that would make sense to me... forget the V8! (I love the v8 but in my car not in the RS5...)

Not to mention that it makes sense from a mathematical point of view as well...

If Rs4 is to V8 as RS6 is to V10+2turboes then RS5=V10!

The equation leaves no doubt... the RS5 must have a V10!

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    At the moment I just don't know what to believe.

It would be a very sad state of affairs if all models basically looked the same, it's part of a problem I have with the S version but as it's only the equviliant to a M/Sport in a BMW I can accept this but not in an RS version.

It's part of their appeal their huge arches and aggressive nose, anything less than these looks will make it no more than one of the pack instead of being the leader of the pack.

do not agree s version stands for the merc and bmw highest standard version.

m and amg are the equivilant for the rs, and the black series (ex sl 65) does have no equivilant in the m or rs series..

or would you say the m3 is a match for the s4, (would mean the s4 is better than the current rs4...)

Also the pricing of those models are comparable... Rs, m, amg

Quote Originally Posted by MR USER View Post
    Arches or not it disappoints me that the car weights a lot more than the RS4 and gets the same performance package... When I chipped mine it reached 450... So I guess driving the new RS5 should feel like driving my car with 5 people and some luggage inside...

Wouldn't it make more sense to cover the gap between RS6 and RS4? Somewhere in the range of 500 bhp and 600 newton?

+ if RS5 competes with M6 and its 500+ horses v10.... the audi should come with the same v10 engine seen in the R8v10... Now that would make sense to me... forget the V8! (I love the v8 but in my car not in the RS5...)

Maybe your views on what the A5 series stands for is different than my own. I see it as a 2 door version of the A4 in much the same way as the E90 and E92 body type is to the 3 series.

If that is the opinion of Audi then surely the RS5 would run the equivalent power/performance to match the M3 (i.e. weigh around 1600kgs, have approx 450hp and cost about £50K+). If Audi went your route we would be looking at an RS5 weighing 1750kgs, have 500hp and cost approx 70K.

I know what one I would prefer.

or would you say the m3 is a match for the s4, (would mean the s4 is better than the current rs4...)
    I don't see the current RS4 to be that inferior to the M3, in many ways to out performs it and only in ideal conditions does the M3 stand any real chance against the M3.

I also don't agree that the S4 is better than the RS4, it may have a better chassis dynamics when equipped with the Sportdiff but it can't match the rest of the RS4's package.

Quote Originally Posted by MR USER View Post

New RS4/5 won't be heavier than B7 RS4, that's for sure, and don't forget that RS4 and RS5 should get the same engine, as they are completely the same platform, '5 doesn't mean it is 'bigger' or higher positioned model than '4, it is the 2 door version, nothing more. And yes, if we see RS6, these things should have V8 biturbo, but NA high rev V8 is almost as powerful as the TT (at least in the production model). And RS4/5s are not as heavy and big cars like '6, so it doesn't need necessarily that kind of boost, a NA V8 with DSG will definitely outperform C63 and M3 and maybe even M6 (although it is not the aim). If Audi develop a new sportscar over the existing BMWs and Mercs' it will definitely be faster because they can test them as much as they want and finally they get it faster even with the same engine (and vice-versa).
    Also don't forget that RS5 can be nose-heavy with V10 engine, which would be even worse.
    Don't misunderstood me, as being an Audi fan, i would love to see ~470hp V8 biturbo under the bonnet with a massive 600nm of torque, but anyway else, it will be a great car, I'm sure!
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I don't see the current RS4 to be that inferior to the M3, in many ways to out performs it and only in ideal conditions does the M3 stand any real chance against the M3.

I also don't agree that the S4 is better than the RS4, it may have a better chassis dynamics when equipped with the Sportdiff but it can't match the rest of the RS4's package.
    your statement:

S version but as it's only the equviliant to a M/Sport in a BMW I can accept this but not in an RS version.

so if i understand you correct, s is for you equal to m, right,

and on this i do not agree.

Performance wise m3 is a bit quiker with is dkg than rs4,
    (let the ring time beside m3 manuel 8.05, rs4 8.09)
    But the m is the newer car.

Rs6 is a bit quicker than m5 (no ring time till now)
    But as well the newer car.

and we still have the very nice amg models, witch the fast c63 amg..

Quote Originally Posted by Toto89 View Post
    New RS4/5 won't be heavier than B7 RS4, that's for sure, and don't forget that RS4 and RS5 should get the same engine, as they are completely the same platform, '5 doesn't mean it is 'bigger' or higher positioned model than '4, it is the 2 door version, nothing more. And yes, if we see RS6, these things should have V8 biturbo, but NA high rev V8 is almost as powerful as the TT (at least in the production model). And RS4/5s are not as heavy and big cars like '6, so it doesn't need necessarily that kind of boost, a NA V8 with DSG will definitely outperform C63 and M3 and maybe even M6 (although it is not the aim). If Audi develop a new sportscar over the existing BMWs and Mercs' it will definitely be faster because they can test them as much as they want and finally they get it faster even with the same engine (and vice-versa).
    Also don't forget that RS5 can be nose-heavy with V10 engine, which would be even worse.
    Don't misunderstood me, as being an Audi fan, i would love to see ~470hp V8 biturbo under the bonnet with a massive 600nm of torque, but anyway else, it will be a great car, I'm sure!

Due to my infos (i wrote rs5 is testing up in sweden right know by a friend of mine involved in the settings procedures)the rs5 v8 with 450 hp and about 460 nm na engine with dsg, performce slightly better than current rs4.

So please be realistic, it will be about the same as the merc C63 , but fare away from m6 and rs6.

Just you dont have wrong ideas.

All most the same wight to hp ratio as current R8 V8

Due to my infos (i wrote rs5 is testing up in sweden right know by a friend of mine involved in the settings procedures)the rs5 v8 with 450 hp and about 460 nm na engine with dsg, performce slightly better than current rs4.

So please be realistic, it will be about the same as the merc C63 , but fare away from m6 and rs6.

Just you dont have wrong ideas.

All most the same wight to hp ratio as current R8 V8
    I said the same thing in the other thread, there is no need to make it that much quicker than before, just a little bit better than the competition. For Audi to make the RS5 out perform the M6 would require an engine similar to the R8v10 and as that would push the price up and thus make the sale numbers much less you would have to be a fool to go down that route.

There is few cars which loss money as quickly as an M6, it's over priced and over rated and this is shown when it comes to selling them.

I think you will find that it might have a slightly better power to weight ratio than the R8v8 and will out perform it and the RS4 accordingly. I'm guessing a 0-100km/h of 4.2s and a 0-200km/h of 14.5s (officially), only this time it will match these figures.

P.S.
    I'm making a guess that the PTW of the RS5 will be approx 275~280hp per ton.

your statement:

S version but as it's only the equviliant to a M/Sport in a BMW I can accept this but not in an RS version.

so if i understand you correct, s is for you equal to m, right,

and on this i do not agree.
    I think you are either misunderstanding me when I say M/Sport or in Europe there isn't an equivalent. Let me explain, in the UK we have a 335i S/E and a 335i M/Sport which is equipped with sports suspension and full M/Sport body kit. This is how I see the S version in Audi.

And if someone wants a car which beats the M6 doesn't necesarily want a RS5. One can choose RS6 Sedan or R8 V10 instead. Both faster (or at least as fast) and better alternative in every aspect.
    5 Audis so far...currently:
    2007 Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI Multitronic

Quote Originally Posted by Toto89 View Post
    And if someone wants a car which beats the M6 doesn't necesarily want a RS5. One can choose RS6 Sedan or R8 V10 instead. Both faster (or at least as fast) and better alternative in every aspect.
    Dont forget about the price differences!
    R8 V10 will cost much more... a level of 911 Turbo...

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    Dont forget about the price differences!
    R8 V10 will cost much more... a level of 911 Turbo...
    Agreed but then again one is a supercar, the other has near supercar acceleration but the rest of the car falls well short of even a good sportscar never mind a supercar.

At this level price doesn't really come into it.

Did you ever saw that file it if from 1.5.2008 and all data is correct for S4, R8 V10....etc

It look like that RS5 will be 4.2FSI 331KW (450HP)

http://www.shrani.si/f/V/GQ/3vB2IIFZ/audi.xls

Best Regards

Maybe RS 5 will have simillar destiny of the S5... First it will be launched with N/A 4.2, and than by the time for new RS 4 comes, it will recieve RS 4s engine... (3.0 T or 4.0 T...)