Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: looking for R8 V10 sepang blue pics. anyone?

looking for R8 V10 sepang blue pics. anyone?

would be really appreciated.....
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I'm right there with you and have a picture at home from the Euro order guide.
    Click this link and download the pdf file at the bottom. Inside you will see a studio pic of the Sepang Blue with carbon sideblades

http://www.audiblog.nl/?p=9186

thanks. i'd seen that one. least flattering angle. wanted to see others. i think this may be my next car. i think the rims will look great in person. they just aren't that photogenic.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    would be really appreciated.....
    Maybe this will help you-there is an R8 4.2 Showcar in Neckarsulm(NSU) Audi Forum at Exclusive department. This car is in Sepang Blue Pearl Effect with Oxygen Silver side blades...

More here:http://www.a3quattro.de/diashows/nsu...l/default.html

Sepang Blue is darker in shade then Sprint Blue and is looking awsome with Carbon Sigma side blades.

I am also thinking about Sepang for R8 V10. In fact my short choice of colors for R8 V10 is:
    -Sepang Blue Pearl Effect(standard item-no upcharge)
    -Monza Silver Metallic(Exclusive color-some upcharge)
    -Apollo Silver Metallic(Exclusive colro-some upcharge)

Apollo Silver Metallic is specially interesting IMHO since it is R8 ONLY color(standard colors for side blades on Ice Silver Metallic) and it is truly awsome darker shade of pure silver(no additinal blue hint as on Monza Silver Metallic or pink one as on Avus Silver Pearl Effect).

thanks. i'd seen that one. least flattering angle. wanted to see others. i think this may be my next car. i think the rims will look great in person. they just aren't that photogenic.
    I like your thinking. I'm a Sprint Blue/Sepang blue fanatic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy@Rival View Post
    I like your thinking. I'm a Sprint Blue/Sepang blue fanatic!!
    +1

If I had the money, I'd probably go for blue! I loved that Ford Racing Blue R8 that (I think) Kreso showed us a while ago...

go for Ibiswhite or this cool devil red (R8)

but the RS4 i also would take in this blue ^^

If I had to be totally frank here, I think the R8 looks a lot better when the colour difference of the side blades are more subtle. Like the bodywork is Daytona Grey and the blades are Lava Grey or a lighter option of Ice Silver and blades in Monza Silver, these combinations look much better to me than contrasting colours.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    If I had to be totally frank here, I think the R8 looks a lot better when the colour difference of the side blades are more subtle. Like the bodywork is Daytona Grey and the blades are Lava Grey or a lighter option of Ice Silver and blades in Monza Silver, these combinations look much better to me than contrasting colours.
    +1 Leadie
    HKS786

kreso-

i'd originally thought of ordering the V8 in apollo silver too. didn't wan't to wait the extra 6 months.

at this point it is unbelievable that your color combos are EXACTLY the only ones i am considering for mine. all with CF blades, of course.

i have not seen monza yet. but i am thinking that if you are going to pay extra for a color an A4 can have you HAVE to go with a unique one like apollo. the apollo seems extraordinary as the short period of time the apollo blades were on my car was enough for me to see how dramatically the color changes. apollo silver is metallic or pearlescent? maybe Qisha can post some pics if any exist.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

I'm curious to see some pics about this special colour Apollo silver

kreso-

i'd originally thought of ordering the V8 in apollo silver too. didn't wan't to wait the extra 6 months.

at this point it is unbelievable that your color combos are EXACTLY the only ones i am considering for mine. all with CF blades, of course.

i have not seen monza yet. but i am thinking that if you are going to pay extra for a color an A4 can have you HAVE to go with a unique one like apollo. the apollo seems extraordinary as the short period of time the apollo blades were on my car was enough for me to see how dramatically the color changes. apollo silver is metallic or pearlescent? maybe Qisha can post some pics if any exist.
    AFAIK nobody ordered R8(or R8 V10) in Apollo Silver Metallic yet... Here is the pic of Ice Silver Metallic R8 with Apollo Silver Metallic side blades...

You can see even on bad weather pic that Apollo is darker pure silver.

Another good example of difference between Ice Silver Metallic(main color) and Apollo Silver Metallic(side blades color)...

Kreso, you got me convinced with the last pics. Find pure silver very boring, most cars in Austria (especially Audis) were ordered in silvel in the last years.

BUT Apollo Silver is another story

Really looks good, would love to see an R8 in that colour. So Kreso & RXBG - one of you two is gonna do me that favour
    I am - besides other things - Audidriven
    blog.audidriven.net

Apollo Silver Metallic is awsome color IMHO. True dark silver and with Jet Blue Metallic only color created specially for R8.

Here is another R8 in Ice Silver Metallic with Apollo Silver Metallic side blades.

On R8 V10 with chrome grill, gloss black front/rear intakes and Carbon Sigma side blades it should look pretty amazing(Apollo Silver Metallic).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5150_27.jpg 
Views:	368 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	7467  

Thanks for these pictures, they just confirm that my opinion is correct and subtle differences in colour suit the R8 better.

Now can we have a Dark Grey combination please.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    Thanks for these pictures, they just confirm that my opinion is correct and subtle differences in colour suit the R8 better.

Now can we have a Dark Grey combination please.
    There is just one problem with your combos(Daytona/Lava or Monza/Ice)-they look awfull in real life.

Daytona Grey has a hint of green tint and Lava Grey hint of purlple/brown-together they do not combine nicelly...

Monza Silver is medium silver with hint of blue and it look pretty strange with Ice Silver...

It is my personal taste(and apparently RXBGs as well) but, you have to combine exterior color with side blades color little bit different. Standard Audi combos for R8 are pretty good in fact.

When you choose Carbon Sigma side blades choice of exterior colors is again pretty wide-just darkest color that would work with them is IMHO Daytona Grey.

Here is my list of exterior colors for Carbon Sigma side blades:

Ibis White solid
    Brilliant Red solid
    Solar Orange solid(Audi Exclusive item)
    Imola Yellow(Audi Exclusive item)

Ice Silver Metallic
    Suzuka Grey Metallic
    Daytona Grey Pearl Effect
    Sepang Blue Pearl Effect(standard on V10, Exclusive item on V8)
    Monza Silver Metallic(Audi Exclusive item)
    Avus Silver Pearl Effect(Audi Exclusive item)
    Apollo Silver Metallic(Audi Exclusive item)
    Dolphin Grey Metallic(Audi Exclusive item)
    Nimbus Grey Pearl Effect(Audi Exclusive item)
    Aventurin Blue Pearl Effect(Audi Exclusive item)

For Oxygen Silver side blades only few exterior colors work IMHO and Jet Blue Metallic is for sure one of them.

OK, the colours I used are clearly off but you get my point about subtle differences in colours between the bodywork and the blades, I reckon that looks better than a contrasting colour combination.

The Ice/Apollo combination looks great because of this. To me at least it looks classier and less 'MAX POWER'.

the apollo is reminiscent of the quartz gray from some angles.

we'll see..............

my friend may be going to europe in the fall to get an S5. may go with him to ingolstadt.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10