Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 2003 yellow RS6

Sorry to see the car did not sell, I watched the auction. I know you owe more that what your selling it for but It is a great car and you have been very good about the condition of the car. I hope it sells quick, and I still have my eye on it.

John

John, I'm meeting with John (from oceanside) and Joachim on the 19th (http://rs6.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158370&postcount=12), you want to stop by Buena Park to have some food & check out the cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Want2byRS6 View Post
    Sorry to see the car did not sell, I watched the auction. I know you owe more that what your selling it for but It is a great car and you have been very good about the condition of the car. I hope it sells quick, and I still have my eye on it.

John

Thanks for the kind words John. I've re-listed it for a 10-day auction, which will take it almost right up to the last weekend of the month (wheelin' and dealin' time at dealerships). If it hasn't sold by then, I'll look at trading it in. I would prefer not to and instead have this special car go to an enthusiast, but if that's what it comes to, then so be it.

Ok, I need some advice. I have a guy in Canada that has offered $28K w/fixed bushings delivered to NY. It's about a 14 hour drive for me, then I would fly home. He would fly to NY, then drive the car home to New Brunswick (12.5 hours). So that part is pretty even. My concerns are:
    1. Payment - would need to be in US dollars of course, but how do I make sure I have a legit check in my hand? Or do I ask for payment before we meet, so it can clear?
    2. The deal falls through and I end up having to drive all the way back to ATL. Which is a lot of wasted time, money, and 1600 miles on my car. Although he seems to be legit and serious. It looks like he runs a shop selling high-end Canadian paper currency - http://www.themonetaryman.com/

Thoughts?

Tell me again which bushings need replaced?

What was the quote? parts and labor breakdown?

Out of country. Cash only or a bank wire transfer before you leave the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow RS6 View Post
    Ok, I need some advice. I have a guy in Canada that has offered $28K w/fixed bushings delivered to NY. It's about a 14 hour drive for me, then I would fly home. He would fly to NY, then drive the car home to New Brunswick (12.5 hours). So that part is pretty even. My concerns are:
    1. Payment - would need to be in US dollars of course, but how do I make sure I have a legit check in my hand? Or do I ask for payment before we meet, so it can clear?
    2. The deal falls through and I end up having to drive all the way back to ATL. Which is a lot of wasted time, money, and 1600 miles on my car. Although he seems to be legit and serious. It looks like he runs a shop selling high-end Canadian paper currency - http://www.themonetaryman.com/

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Tell me again which bushings need replaced?

What was the quote? parts and labor breakdown?

Out of country. Cash only or a bank wire transfer before you leave the house.
    It's the front upper control arm bushings.

Dealer said $700-800 at the time (March). I'm about to call to get a firm price. When I checked out the RS6 near me for Ben Stiller, I saw a receipt for the exact same repair, just done in January, from another local dealer and it was $752. The cool thing is, I have a 20% off coupon from my regular dealer. But I want to get a firm quote up front, so they don't jack up the price once they see I have the coupon. Yes, I'm paranoid -lol.

Ok, cash or bank wire before I leave (preferable). thanks!

Ok,

That price is a crock.

My upper control arm bushings were replaced last week with my DRC. 30k miles on them.

Price to Fidelity? just over 300.

So, if its all 4 upper control arm bushings....your getting the shaft. Call around to Audi service shops. You can replace just the bushings by pressing them out.

It's the front upper control arm bushings.

Dealer said $700-800 at the time (March). I'm about to call to get a firm price. When I checked out the RS6 near me for Ben Stiller, I saw a receipt for the exact same repair, just done in January, from another local dealer and it was $752. The cool thing is, I have a 20% off coupon from my regular dealer. But I want to get a firm quote up front, so they don't jack up the price once they see I have the coupon. Yes, I'm paranoid -lol.

Ok, cash or bank wire before I leave (preferable). thanks!

Personally, I'd either make him come pick up the car, he can have the keys and title after the wire transfer has been confirmed, or he can (after the wire) have a transporter pick it up.

That's how I bought mine from an indy dealer. He should have no problem with either version. If I were him, I'd do the former buying from an individual such as yourself.

I wouldn't leave the driveway. Period. My $.02.

As for control arms, gotta disagree with Dave. I paid $428 for parts (OEM) and $280 labor from an indy (RS6 cert tech) so the $700 seems the same, can't see how all 4 could be replaced for $300, 2 maybe.

Numbers didnt add up

Well,

The numbers didnt add up. Thats why I asked for clarification and cost estimates.

I had all 4 upper control arm busings replaced.

Maybe some dealers replace the bushings and others replace the 4 control arms.

?? If I were paying the tab....I guess there is no real wear on the arm itself and the bushing just presses in.

eBay has an escrow company you can use to handle auto transactions. You can verify the funds are available before you leave to NY. The buyer releases the funds when he is comfortable with the car...? There's gotta be some intermediary person guiding things along. I almost, but have never actually used them...

Try uShip.com for a reverse auction to ship the car to NY, or all the way to Canada. I've used them to find transport for my RS6 and a boat. I would use them again as they have a feedback mechanism like eBay. You can tell who the good guys are. I wonder how the cross border auto transfer works - but that's really the buyers problem.

The yellow is sooo incredible on your RS6. I never get noticed in my Avus (unless I'm flying past someone). You must ALWAYS get noticed!!

Good luck!
    03 RS6 Avus, 80 Modena Spyder, 93 Porsche 964 Cab, 11 Toyota Sienna SE, 95 John Deere 345 w/42" snow blower

Bump! Bushings are fixed, this car needs nothing now - just a new owner

Still available?!

I may be back sooner than planned

Yes sir! Still available and ready to go. 55K service in March and new front control arm bushings yesterday. DRC is still working, but I do have the letter from AoA in case it goes out in the future.

Andy,

Hurry up and buy this bad boy. What took you so long?

The new DRC fix is fantastic! A must do even if your system seems ok. The new special tool is a must have as its the only way to make 100% sure both control valve systems are operating at the exact same pressure. The car is fantastic after.

Quote Originally Posted by rs6 ltwt View Post
    Still available?!

I may be back sooner than planned

Whats the story on the bushings? Were you able to get the price lower with just the bushing replacement? Or did you go whole arms?

Yes sir! Still available and ready to go. 55K service in March and new front control arm bushings yesterday. DRC is still working, but I do have the letter from AoA in case it goes out in the future.

Karma?

PM sent.

Dave - I do not need convincing.

So I have found the Jag XJR quite comfortable, and capable for the bazillion miles I drive.

But i miss the RS6. In walks some random liking my car at the hand car wash. He wants to buy *precisely* my car.

Issue 1) We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
    Issue 2) I am cheap because of the miles I spin up (but also realistic) and this car will soon need the t-belt service again (under my tenure) plus a Fidelity warranty.

Stay tuned....

Andy,
    Already missing it I see. Although, I will say I can see how it would easily be missed. Thanks to you I am still loving mine. Yellow is a pretty sharp color, not for everyone, but I personally think it's pretty nice.

Waiting is the hardest part....

So the guy checked out my Jag. Wants it; needs to "talk to his wife".

:eye:

Jason...you tired of "my" Avus car and wanna sell it?....lol

Looks like I may (hopefully) be in yellow soon, IF this guy's wife gives the go ahead.