Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 2003 yellow RS6

FS: 2003 yellow RS6

I've decided to offer this for sale. This is an ultra-rare Imola Yellow RS6. It has 57,000 miles, all options - carbon fiber, nav (with latest DVDs), Summer pkg, sound exhaust, and rear airbags. Plus an iPod adapter was added in the glovebox. I bought this two months ago from a dealer in PA. The guy I bought it from actually owned the dealership, so I got all the records, receipts, and some cool goodies like the info pack sent to the dealers before shipment of the RS6s. It had the 35K timing belt service done and between 49-51K, it got new front and rear brakes (pads and rotors), plus the RS+ style wheels (Konig) w/new tires. I also just (on 12/19) had the alignment done and tires rotated/balanced. It has CPO warranty but Audi does not transfer these if it was certified after 08/2006, which I just found out. There are no problems that I know of and inspections are certainly welcome. I love the car, but there are too many good deals out there on '08 STIs and EVOs to pass up a brand new car with 0% financing. I haven't taken any pics myself yet, but I've attached a link to the ebay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220299026738

These are good pics and only two months old, but let me know if there is a specific area you would like photographed or if you have any questions. Thanks, John

Oh yeah, price. Well I owe $32,800, so we'll start there.

I know this car quite well, how do I know, I placed those Audi Sport North America stickers on the rear doors, as I've done on my other cars. Definitely an awesome car!
    Good luck with the sale. This car (and color) looks ten times better in person!!

Yellow... Really? For Sale? Come on! Don't give it up yet. So what? A little DRC issue and you are bailing? It's 90% perfect. Revo, APR, GIAC that thing and reach pure nirvana. It's almost the perfect car. Give it a chance man. Come drive my Beast and I'll show you what I mean.

F the DRC. It's a nothing issue.

V8. Twin Turbo. 0-60 in 4 something secs....carrying four people or with the seats down a LOT of dog food. Come on man!

Oh yeah. P to the F'in S: I EAT STI's and EVO's every day for breakfast, lunch, snacks (if I feel like it) and dinner. Really. At least say you are getting a 997TT or something that is actually fast or worthy of replacing the RS6.

Yellow,

Ok, I will give you my .02c here.

I purchased a 04STI new. Nice car, kinda rare at the time. Performed several mods and tracked (road course) the car a few times. While all that was fun....the car was not comfortable at all. Road noise, engine rattles, overall just a tin can on steroids. If it were my only daily car...I would have shot myself. I did manage to keep the car over 4 years only because we have 6 cars and I hate selling or buying.

I went the way of after a long search and never looked back.

Dont do it. The hell with 0% financing. That all said, I dont know if going into a RS6 with a high interest loan may not have been the best idea either. You should not be paying more than 5% right??

Some day you will be able to pay cash for these rides. Thats the only way my wife lets me buy cars. If you have the cash and not purchased anything in awhile...go ahead. She is in finance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow RS6 View Post
    I've decided to offer this for sale. This is an ultra-rare Imola Yellow RS6. It has 57,000 miles, all options - carbon fiber, nav (with latest DVDs), Summer pkg, sound exhaust, and rear airbags. Plus an iPod adapter was added in the glovebox. I bought this two months ago from a dealer in PA. The guy I bought it from actually owned the dealership, so I got all the records, receipts, and some cool goodies like the info pack sent to the dealers before shipment of the RS6s. It had the 35K timing belt service done and between 49-51K, it got new front and rear brakes (pads and rotors), plus the RS+ style wheels (Konig) w/new tires. I also just (on 12/19) had the alignment done and tires rotated/balanced. It has CPO warranty but Audi does not transfer these if it was certified after 08/2006, which I just found out. There are no problems that I know of and inspections are certainly welcome. I love the car, but there are too many good deals out there on '08 STIs and EVOs to pass up a brand new car with 0% financing. I haven't taken any pics myself yet, but I've attached a link to the ebay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220299026738

These are good pics and only two months old, but let me know if there is a specific area you would like photographed or if you have any questions. Thanks, John

Oh yeah, price. Well I owe $32,800, so we'll start there.

Quote Originally Posted by YlwBeast View Post
    I know this car quite well, how do I know, I placed those Audi Sport North America stickers on the rear doors, as I've done on my other cars. Definitely an awesome car!
    Good luck with the sale. This car (and color) looks ten times better in person!!
    Well this really surprised me when I saw it, the original owner is on here - cool! The Internet continues to amaze ........
    Last edited by Yellow RS6; January 7th, 2009 at 21:17.

New price - $30k

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Yellow,

Ok, I will give you my .02c here.

I purchased a 04STI new. Nice car, kinda rare at the time. Performed several mods and tracked (road course) the car a few times. While all that was fun....the car was not comfortable at all. Road noise, engine rattles, overall just a tin can on steroids. If it were my only daily car...I would have shot myself. I did manage to keep the car over 4 years only because we have 6 cars and I hate selling or buying.

I went the way of after a long search and never looked back.

Dont do it. The hell with 0% financing. That all said, I dont know if going into a RS6 with a high interest loan may not have been the best idea either. You should not be paying more than 5% right??

Some day you will be able to pay cash for these rides. Thats the only way my wife lets me buy cars. If you have the cash and not purchased anything in awhile...go ahead. She is in finance.
    Show me a bank that will do 5% for 72 months on a 2003 car and I'll sign up! I'm getting 6.5% for 72 months through Navy Fed, so 0% IS mighty tempting.

I know an EVO or STi is no RS6, but they have there good points too. The '04 STi, like you had, is a bad example as it was the worst as a DD. The '05s were much improved, and the '08s are even better.

Anyway, I'm not dead-set on selling the RS6, I put it on here half-heartedly (sp?) just to see if there is any interest. So far, none. So I will just put it at my bottom price right up front and let it ride - $30K.

Show me a bank that will do 5% for 72 months on a 2003 car and I'll sign up! I'm getting 6.5% for 72 months through Navy Fed, so 0% IS mighty tempting.

I know an EVO or STi is no RS6, but they have there good points too. The '04 STi, like you had, is a bad example as it was the worst as a DD. The '05s were much improved, and the '08s are even better.

Anyway, I'm not dead-set on selling the RS6, I put it on here half-heartedly (sp?) just to see if there is any interest. So far, none. So I will just put it at my bottom price right up front and let it ride - $30K.

So I just saw your car on Barrett. Well it was parked in the Barnes and Noble parking lot right next to Publix. I was in the same parking lot because I came to get something from CD Warehouse. I must say "DO NOT" sell the car my friend. It is of true rarity. My brother still regrets getting rid of his RS6, and I would hate to see you feel the same way after you part with it.
    "Eh Tu Brute?"
    --------------------
    2005 Audi A4 UltraSports Package

That was me, I was at B&N (the magazine rack of course -lol) on a late lunch. It's a small world.....

I'm sure I would miss it if it sells. That's why I'm not really pushing it, like putting it on ebay or putting the price ridiculously low.

btw - are you a member of ACNA?

Ya, I would just like to chime in and say, keep the car! Frankly, there's nothing that compares to the RS6 in terms of versatility and raw pace. Ya, the exotics are nicer and faster but as Copper said, the RS6 is barely a compromise since it does such an excellent job of keeping up with those exotics. Ultimately, if it does come down to a money issue then you gotta do what's right financially but to switch to an EVO or STI simply because they're at 0%, I dunno... I don't think I could do it.

i have to say , its a beauty

That was me, I was at B&N (the magazine rack of course -lol) on a late lunch. It's a small world.....

I'm sure I would miss it if it sells. That's why I'm not really pushing it, like putting it on ebay or putting the price ridiculously low.

btw - are you a member of ACNA?
    It truly is a small world...I've also seen your car once before right next to this office complex near Wal Mart...

I understand what your doing and I don't blame you...you just want to see if your going to get a good enough bite, and if not you'll probably just stick with it...

I have not joined ACNA, but I think I should..also I believe there is some type of VW/Audi meet at HH Gregg on Barrett this Saturday around 830..
    "Eh Tu Brute?"
    --------------------
    2005 Audi A4 UltraSports Package

what the hell man, i live in LA where there are supposedly zillions of RS6s and other than at our pre-arranged meets, I've never seen another one on the road!

We need to get together (the Atlanta RS6 crew) and grab a beer talk cars, etc. I'm in Marietta. Barrett Parkway and Dallas Highway.

I'm still in the loaner Q7, otherwise I'd chck out the local Audi gathering tomorrow (Saturday)

Sounds good, I'm right up in Towne Lake (exit 8 off 575). Would love to meet some other RS6 owners. I have to say, I don't recall ever seeing an RS6 on the road, around here or in NoVA where I moved from.

So there is a VW/Audi gathering tomorrow at HH Gregg? I'll try to make that.

Registered User allwheelsdriven's Avatar
    see I am moving the other direction from a 2004 blue STi to possibly a RS6 or Volvo S60R (need awd and rarity) so I can cart clients around.

this kind of post on audiworld though is keeping me up at night:

"Tires every 15K miles (the camber on the car really eats the inner edge of the fronts...tread depth may be ok but you can be on threads at the edge), DRC will break (but hopefully for you covered) every 9K or less, oil changes when you want but are $180 at the dealer and $100 at an independent. My brakes have never lasted 30k. Rotors maybe, but pads go at half that for the fronts. Pads are really expensive OEM ($360 front pair), aftermarket not too bad (EBC for $130). Rotors around $800 for the front pair just for parts. My dealer just quoted me $3400 for the 75K timing belt about to try to see if i can do better than that somewhere.

Plugs are replaced at shorter intervals too (15K?) and not cheap either (i paid $400 through dealer).

Control arms will go around 50K miles. Warranty covered though. I have had CV boots go regularly in about 20-30K intervals up front."

Well well-AWD,

What has taken you so long??

My RS6 has taken the place of an 04STI last year. I purchased my STI new and had a good time tuning and tracking that car. Then the noise and lack of comfort ended up spelling its exit. IMHO, the post you quote below is very close to reality but have you driven an RS6? If not, then dont go and drive one because you will buy one no matter what anybody or expected maint cost tells you.

Also, the expected costs will always depend on how hard you drive the car. Mark/below, runs his car somewhat hard....you could add to some of the costs if your easy on your cars.

Volvo.....forget it. trumps Volvo every time.

Quote Originally Posted by allwheelsdriven View Post
    see I am moving the other direction from a 2004 blue STi to possibly a RS6 or Volvo S60R (need awd and rarity) so I can cart clients around.

this kind of post on audiworld though is keeping me up at night:

"Tires every 15K miles (the camber on the car really eats the inner edge of the fronts...tread depth may be ok but you can be on threads at the edge), DRC will break (but hopefully for you covered) every 9K or less, oil changes when you want but are $180 at the dealer and $100 at an independent. My brakes have never lasted 30k. Rotors maybe, but pads go at half that for the fronts. Pads are really expensive OEM ($360 front pair), aftermarket not too bad (EBC for $130). Rotors around $800 for the front pair just for parts. My dealer just quoted me $3400 for the 75K timing belt about to try to see if i can do better than that somewhere.

Plugs are replaced at shorter intervals too (15K?) and not cheap either (i paid $400 through dealer).

Control arms will go around 50K miles. Warranty covered though. I have had CV boots go regularly in about 20-30K intervals up front."

I am in the DC area and I see RS6's all the time but I never see modded or rare colors I would be intrested but I am still trying to get rid of my 2007 Candy White Passat 3.6 4Motion you intrested its fully loaded?????......with super low miles (14K)
    ***Big Drew***

Re:Vision Auto Salon
    Revisionauto.com
    801 E. Gude Dr
    Rockville MD 20850

Remember to pray to the car gods daily

Registered User allwheelsdriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    Well well-AWD,

What has taken you so long??

My RS6 has taken the place of an 04STI last year. I purchased my STI new and had a good time tuning and tracking that car. Then the noise and lack of comfort ended up spelling its exit. IMHO, the post you quote below is very close to reality but have you driven an RS6? If not, then dont go and drive one because you will buy one no matter what anybody or expected maint cost tells you.

Also, the expected costs will always depend on how hard you drive the car. Mark/below, runs his car somewhat hard....you could add to some of the costs if your easy on your cars.

Volvo.....forget it. trumps Volvo every time.
    truly..I know that if I drive it I will enter a whole new world of rationalizations :king: According to Autotrader though they are all over on the east coast for sale...I need to find a local one.

Its funny the s60R forum was whining about maintenance costs and i dumped that quote on their board and that shut them up for a while...

Anyway a lot of what I've done to my 2004 with 27000 miles currently has been to make it more daily driveable ie coilovers, floor roof and doors dynamat etc but I still cant haul clients around in it.

One saving grace here is that my brother in law is a ten year AMG Mercedes tech and he might be able to do some of the maintenance.