Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will I stack up? GT-R vs RS6

How will I stack up? GT-R vs RS6

OK, my CEO just called and he bought a new GT-R. He is a very competitive guy, the first thing he wants to do is race..

C5 RS6 - APR ECU/TCU 100 octane, full exhaust w/DPs, DV's, KW, ect.. (555 bhp)
    vs
    Stock GT-R

How do you think i'll do? i'm not stupid.. i don't expect to win off the line or highway pulls really.. but what do you think

am i going to get crushed or hold my dignity?

I think you should be able to hold your own. Quarter mile only, no twists

The real question is:

How quickly do you want to loose your job ????????????????

Frederic

On paper everything should be a close match. he GT-R isn't exactly light. Irrespective of the thought of winning or losing I'd do the run in a heartbeat. The beast will more than hold it's own and with the mods you cite may in fact actually pull off a coup d'état. Do it and report back to this thread with the end result!!
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

No way for you to win...
    GT-R will pull from the very start.
    at 1/4 mile the distance will be about 25-30 meters.
    GT-R is just in another league.

I have raced with GT-R.
    And it's faster than tuned M6 from stop and from roll on starts...

Sorry, just my 2 cents

like i said, not expecting a win..

although i am banking on a couple points in which may help me keep some respect

A. the GT-R is brand new, and i know for a fact he is not a pro running the new machine

B. he will not be using launch control - he is afraid of voiding warranty

C. i've gotten quite good at launching my beast - which should shave off a fraction of the jump he will no doubt get off the line

i'm just gonna grip it and go for it. i have no choice anyway - the last thing i wanna do is not show up. i've spanked him in his SRT-8, XF, Carerra S and M5 in the past year.. i at least owe him a run

its gonna be fun no matter what.

The one time we need ICONCLAS to read and respond.
    He has a GTR and RS6 although the RS not as highly tuned.
    I think with your power you will be on the same playing field if he is not using launch control but even then the short gearing and dual clutch will take its toll on you. Should be a good race.
    Merry christmas everyone.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Whip out some shaft and let the big dawg eat!!
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Still laughing. Awesome.

On a side note I was back home in gainesville florida today and seems every college kid still in town was racing off at lights.
    I'm 5 and 0 on the day with a bunch of them leaning out windows trying to read the emblems of what the hell just blew them away. Love being a sleeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Whip out some shaft and let the big dawg eat!!
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

Quote Originally Posted by Fonzie Audi View Post
    like i said, not expecting a win..

although i am banking on a couple points in which may help me keep some respect

A. the GT-R is brand new, and i know for a fact he is not a pro running the new machine

B. he will not be using launch control - he is afraid of voiding warranty

C. i've gotten quite good at launching my beast - which should shave off a fraction of the jump he will no doubt get off the line

i'm just gonna grip it and go for it. i have no choice anyway - the last thing i wanna do is not show up. i've spanked him in his SRT-8, XF, Carerra S and M5 in the past year.. i at least owe him a run

its gonna be fun no matter what.
    All you say is reasonable and will help you at the start...
    but the longer the distance, the bigger difference it will be.

The only distance for you to compete w/him is 1/4 mile.
    his time will be about 11.9-12.1 sec in case of a good start
    your time - about 12.3 - 12.5 sec

Quote Originally Posted by mmaturo View Post
    The one time we need ICONCLAS to read and respond.
    In a word, he'll be crushed.
    '97 993TT, '14 E63 S-line, '17 GT-R and a couple of '12 Mini Cooper S Countryman ALL4s for the kids.

hehe go for it , wanna see the results

RESULTS - Round 1..

OK..!

Round one completed on our way home from the company Christmas Party. I am proud (and relieved, and surprised) to say i held my own!

We used the on-ramp to the highway to start from.. 35 mph. i don't know what gear he started in, but we took off nose to nose for about 15 yards. at around 70mph his mirror was up where my nose was. i just pushed the pedal as physically hard as i could, and i rounded back up to even until about 125, where i suppose his 48 year old brain told him to slow down (an action my 26 year old brain did not take for some reason). we got off the highway and the second red light we came to we launched. we ran dead even until 70-75 mph, where just as he was getting a lead, we saw those beautiful red and blue lights. two sheriffs in dodge challengers.

we didn't get hit too hard- they just wanted to make sure we weren't drinking and driving. two young cops, actually pretty interested in the cars.

point is, i got an email from him this morning - he wants to run again. i know the more comfortable he gets with the GT-R, the worse i'll get spanked.. but maybe i'll just stall for a while until i can get bigger turbos

I think the bigger question is, what the hell are cops doing in dodge challengers! But thanks for posting, it confirmed the results that I think most predicted.

RS6 Power...

Frederic

not challengers, Dodge CHARGERS - excuse me for mistyping.

I've got both of these cars and to tell you the truth I think the modded RS6 will win - but what happens when he chips the GT-R!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I've got both of these cars and to tell you the truth I think the modded RS6 will win - but what happens when he chips the GT-R!
    He'd leave parts of his transmission on the start line