Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: DRC Repair Procedure Changes

You mean no apparent problems?

You can look at it many ways. Subjective-how the car is handling or the clunk. Objective-leaks or seepage at the very top the strut housing.

Apparent-subjective or objective.

Subjective is very hard to pin down. You may think its ok but really it has lost pressure or balance and you may not know it. Is the clunk the DRC or a loose clamp? Again very hard to pin down. Chances are your DRC is leaking or has leaked.

Objective is alittle easier. Jack up the car and pop the wheel off. Open eyes and look for oil seepage. What if the leak was old and the oil was washed off?

All in all, find the dealer that has knowledge of the problem and made the effort to make sure the fix is up to speed with all new special tools and the such.

I was just trying to take a jab at you for even thinking about getting off-topic as you are often persecuted for doing - I missed the mark - losing my touch. Continue the discussion without me.

My DRC gets replaced next week, maybe I can make a positive contribution then to repent.

PS - tried 6speedonline, think I'll stick it out here.

Got it this time,

Trust me, there is nothing but on topic on this forum. Thats fine with me. If you cant prove your case 100% and back it up thats fine with me too. I will preface all of my posts and may even add a line in my sig that says take all my posts as subjective banter. Dont ask for proof, dont ask for pics, dont ask for anything.

This is still the best forum for RS6 content. 6speed is only for political reasons not RS6 content.

Good luck with the DRC. Have a look at the new special tool while your there.

Quote Originally Posted by RS6-4dr911 View Post
    Stay on topic Dave. You didn't say anything but I know you were thinking it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kotula3.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	8405  

Hey guys, sorry, I've been out of town. As for now, it's subjective. No felt problems. Only objective is in the form of no current issues noticed on the concrete beneath my car in the garage, but I don't currently have the equipment to jack up the car and check it out in the garage. Luckily though, my car is currently at 53500, so, it won't be long before I'll have it in for the 55000 service, we'll definitely check it out then. My main concern is, I live in MS. I currently probably have one of the only one of these within this state and the only dealership is in Jackson. Not the drive I'm concerned about, but the service. As per the manager, "Yea, we don't do too much work on any of the RS vehicles." My next closest major city is either Atlanta or Houston, any recommendations on dealers in those two areas that would be a lot more competent at performing the switch??

I was turned down by Audi for my KW shocks. I gave them the copy of the receipt but they wanted to see something from the dealer saying that my DRC was bad. The car was off warranty so I didn't take it to the dealer to pay them to tell me it was bad. I have a fully outfitted shop with a lift at my house so I did the work myself but that wasn't good enough for them.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

damn, I got a letter from Audi asking for a better explanation too, I've been out of the country so I haven't had the time to call but that's the response that I was afraid of! Will update y'all when I get back to hear what they say to me.

Hmm, my dealer and I received the DRC letter this week. The local dealer called me and my car has an appointment to inspect the DRC system on Monday – nice proactive work on their part (they probably need the revenue). I think they system is working as expected. I don't have confidence in my local dealer as the guy that called me didn't know about any specialized tools to pressurize the system and this is the second RS6 to grace their shop (the first has moved on). If they find leaks, maybe a trip to a lace w:st="on">Chicagolace> dealer would be smarter than them learning their way through my car...

My Audi Service rep called me yesterday stating all the parts and specific tools are in for my RS6. He told me they needed two days to complete the work (with a standard oil change/service). They are even going to provide a loaner Audi for those days. Hmmmmm.
    All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best- Occam's Razor

Don,

Call the Audi RS6 customer assistance folks.

I think they can help coordinate the education and special tool needs for your local dealer.

I can look up the name of my guy that did all the work on my appt. Give me a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by DonS View Post
    Hmm, my dealer and I received the DRC letter this week. The local dealer called me and my car has an appointment to inspect the DRC system on Monday – nice proactive work on their part (they probably need the revenue). I think they system is working as expected. I don't have confidence in my local dealer as the guy that called me didn't know about any specialized tools to pressurize the system and this is the second RS6 to grace their shop (the first has moved on). If they find leaks, maybe a trip to a lace w:st="on">Chicagolace> dealer would be smarter than them learning their way through my car...

Thanks DHall1. With good instruction and documentation, any decent mechanic SHOULD be able to do the work. Heck, I rebuilt my 3.2l Porsche motor a couple of years back reading a book and getting reassuance from a forum and its running like a champ!

Quote Originally Posted by RS6-4dr911 View Post

My DRC gets replaced next week, maybe I can make a positive contribution then to repent.
    Did you get fixed up?

Done - but don't love it

Had mine replaced 4 weeks ago. Immediately had a leak, so they had to replace a bolt and re-pressurize. Seems ok now, but not great. Definitely softer.

Has anyone noticed a slight instability in the back when going over bumps, particularly when in a left turn? Almost like the back is sliding or shifting to the right a bit.

Not yet Scott. They found a broken hydraulic line somewhere they weren't expecting and had to order it, was hoping today but likely tomorrow or Wednesday at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by T3 View Post
    Has anyone noticed a slight instability in the back when going over bumps, particularly when in a left turn? Almost like the back is sliding or shifting to the right a bit.

Ugh - not good. That's standard DRC failure symptoms IMO

Good luck
    GBNF: Mugello, silver, carbon, RNS-E, H&R coilovers, Hotchkiss
    '14 GL550
    '79 911SC Targa

Had mine replaced 4 weeks ago. Immediately had a leak, so they had to replace a bolt and re-pressurize. Seems ok now, but not great. Definitely softer.

I agree with above...that is how mine acted when it was completely shot. I bet you lost fluid/pressure somehow since repair, or it wasn't done right to start.

Bob, LMK how it goes!

Yeah, that's what I concluded. Dealership claims the repair was done right and the new fix is simply softer, but if so, the new "fix" is a disaster.

Yeah, that's what I concluded. Dealership claims the repair was done right and the new fix is simply softer, but if so, the new "fix" is a disaster.
    Hmmm.....great...taking mine in Thursday i assume to the same place. already not happy as both issues i just had the car in for (twice) still not fixed.

and i agree that that skipping in the rear was one of my clear symptoms on last two failures.
    2012 R8 GT #275 Suzuka, 2014 RS7 Suzuka/Lunar Silver, 2013 RS5 Suzuka/Lunar Silver
    2000 Audi TT Neiman Marcus Edition #47, 1960 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
    Past...03 RS6, 10 S5 Cabriolet, 00 NMTT #25, 94 Audi Cabriolet

The new fix is not softer.

As I have posted before......please check to ensure the dealer has the new special tool. The manual pumping mechanism with gauge that will ensure a proper line pressure and all air bled from the system.

Without the new special tool you are completely in the dark with no guarantee on a proper repair.

The end

Search is your friend. We have 5000 DRC threads and some with very good info.