Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: DRC Repair Procedure Changes

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I am having a difficult time with this BUT.... I think my recalled DRC just $hit the bed... clunks all round the front left...
    Hmm, first things first. Any signs of leakage on the shocks? I know looking at the service records, my car had all of the upper control arms replaced around 30k miles. Those things will clunk up a storm if the rubber bushing has pushed out.
    Pat - Eisenmann race exhaust, Catless downpipes, KW V3's, H-Sport sways, 034 Control arms, Apikol diff mount, Sterns motor mounts, Forge dv's, Stainless brake lines, Venair hoses, Sportec vent mod, Euro tails, Viper Tuned ecu/tcu, DPE S20's 19x9.5, 275/30/19's

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    I am having a difficult time with this BUT.... I think my recalled DRC just $hit the bed... clunks all round the front left...
    Ouch- Hopefully it will be something relatively minor. However; if it is the DRC- you know my opinion- pull it- pound it into pellets- immerse in concrete- ship to Audi COD- replace with aftermarket. My less than .03 worth
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by V8weight View Post
    Hmm, first things first. Any signs of leakage on the shocks? I know looking at the service records, my car had all of the upper control arms replaced around 30k miles. Those things will clunk up a storm if the rubber bushing has pushed out.
    I will have to get up all in there and look...

I "thought" I heard the right rear rebound in the parking lot at work and that parking lot/structure is buttery smooth. The left turn was around 15-20 mph. This might be that sound hyper paranoia that some of us have... It is contagious.

Last night (83 degrees), lots of clunking but only left front.
    Also, this morning(65 degrees), intermittent left front clunks but not hard like last night.

Max, I have already started to save my lunch money for the KW V3 as I am irritated with ALREADY having to deal with this...
    If it is an upper control arm - that might be a temporary sigh of relief but the lunch money fund continues...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Sounds like the control arms. I just replaced mine. My clunking would seem to only come on low speed turns. Let us know what you find and good luck.
    Topcat_92

Quote Originally Posted by topcat_92 View Post
    Sounds like the control arms. I just replaced mine. My clunking would seem to only come on low speed turns. Let us know what you find and good luck.
    Man, I hope that is all it is...
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Check the front sway bar as well. I had clunking in the front end that ended up being loose connections at the sway bar bushing ends.

the noise mysteriously disappeared.... or

Good news for the moment and welcome aboard...;0

210K miles rolled

NOOOOOOOOOO

Save the DRC at all costs! Make Audi put 10 sets of struts on the car.

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    Ouch- Hopefully it will be something relatively minor. However; if it is the DRC- you know my opinion- pull it- pound it into pellets- immerse in concrete- ship to Audi COD- replace with aftermarket. My less than .03 worth

I have question

AUDI Japan dealer did worked on my DRC, first replaced four suspensions and two central valves. Since then, they did refill oil three times in vain.
    Since DRC is not recalled in Japan, I do not know how they deal with the problem in the future.
    Well, my question is if anybody know if you can put S6 stock suspension to RS6?
    If you do. How's it working?

Thank you,

Go with KW3s and be done with it.
    2003 RS6 Avus Silver

And another Necro-bump...

Took her to Pure MS to confirm DRC is weeping (Front Right) - confirmed.
    Mike took her out and heard all sorts of noises that shouldn't be there.
    Checked my aftermarket warranty - control arms are covered as is variable damping system.

Might be calling AoA to vent... and to get the shipping address to ask for a recall refund...

My suspension is currently working just fine. However, whoever did the DRC recall did it with the rear now higher than the front. I'd like to get it sorted, but don't want to risk damaging the DRC; as coilovers will not be permitted in the budget from the Better Half for quite some time as the car is recently purchased, everything is currently working fine, and I'm cajoling a set of Miiltek catbacks out of her at the moment...

If I swing by the Audi dealership, will they know how to set the DRC properly and get the rear suspension to settle down? Do all Audi dealers have this procedure, or is it hit and miss?
    Das Silberkugel - Eurocharged Stage 2/MTM/Level 10/Hotchkis/Koni/H&R
    2015 Ducati 1299S Panigale
    2014 Ducati Multistrada Granturismo

Slightly loosen all NON-adjustable rear control arm bolts, drive around for a minute or two, then tighten previously loosened bolts while sitting. Helps to have a couple of the drive on ramps.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

I got my Milltek approval last month. ;-)

Hit and miss...dont take it to the dealer yet.

As Josh has noted....loosen all non adjustable control arm bolts and bounce the car. Then torque those bolts with weight on the suspension. This can be done at any good alignment shop in 30 minutes.

My recalled DRC has been perfect for over 2 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by kismetcapitan View Post
    My suspension is currently working just fine. However, whoever did the DRC recall did it with the rear now higher than the front. I'd like to get it sorted, but don't want to risk damaging the DRC; as coilovers will not be permitted in the budget from the Better Half for quite some time as the car is recently purchased, everything is currently working fine, and I'm cajoling a set of Miiltek catbacks out of her at the moment...

If I swing by the Audi dealership, will they know how to set the DRC properly and get the rear suspension to settle down? Do all Audi dealers have this procedure, or is it hit and miss?

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    How many miles in those 2 years????

Just mark the adjustable bolts with a marking pen and make sure they go back to the correct spot.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I got my Milltek approval last month. ;-)

Hit and miss...dont take it to the dealer yet.

As Josh has noted....loosen all non adjustable control arm bolts and bounce the car. Then torque those bolts with weight on the suspension. This can be done at any good alignment shop in 30 minutes.

I am doing this friday.. Do you tighten them back with extra weight on the suspension or just the weight of the car? Do you need to do anything to the front end as well or just the rear? Thanx!