Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RS6 salon vs E63 Amg Sportauto test

RS6 salon vs E63 Amg Sportauto test

in the resent sportauto is a comparing test between does 2

Rs6 Salon
    0-100 4,5 sec (avant, 4,5)
    0-200 14,2 sec (avant, 14,8)

kleiner kurs hockenheim 1:15,3 (avant 1:15,8)

The avant was tested 2 monts ago

E63 amg

0-100 4,6
    0-200 15,2

Kleiner Kurs Hockenheim 1:17,4

temp 13 degres

audis official figures for saloon, 4,5 sec too 100 and 14,5 sec to 200kmh

So test seems to be aboult right.

What confuise me a bit.

Supertest of m5 3 years ago, his time was 0-200 13,8
    and 4 months ago 0-200 in 14,3.

Given the result of the m5 board event, saloon should be just a bit quicker. Or Bmw gives all time special press cars to those magazin event.
    But for sure Audi would not give a bad car either.

anyway they liked rs6, but he was not autstanding, given e63 is a 3 year old model.

Well, this just shows who's the new daddy on the block... :king:

As we already didn't now that though..

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the specs - Link?

I have always said that BMW cars post much better times at their launch than years later, the same was true for the M3 E46 and we have the same for this E60 M5.

They are no better than Nissan with their ring lap time.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    I have always said that BMW cars post much better times at their launch than years later, the same was true for the M3 E46 and we have the same for this E60 M5.

that is your opinion.. Dont know what causes you to make tose statements. Any hard facts. (13,8 to 14.3 is not really a big deal, remember the rs4 b7, tested twice in the Sportauto aswell, had aswell a difference of 0.5 secs on the 0-200 messurement)

fact is that they tested the m5 this year with 14,3, and that is almost the same as the rs6salon, with 14,2 up to 200 kmh.

And fact is that based on the m5board comparison, the rs6 salon should be quicker. Was that rs6 avant on m5 board bone stoke, or maybee a small flash on the chip.

or does it make sutch a difference if you do comparisen out of rolling starts, than standing start. But that sould favor Audi anyway. OK 4,5 sec was not the best time i guess.

any body nows the owner, of this rs6 in sweden.

Would be interesting

I agree completely.The same happened to M6 also.After first SMG boxes broke down because of violent changes in sport mode S6, BMW made them smoother but slower..

P.S1. Thank you audi ch for posting the figures and if anybody has scans would be perfect.
    P.S 2.Today I had an autobahn race between my RS4 and a 997 Carrera S.From 180km/h to 260km/h I was 3 car lengths ahead.According to magazines or M5 board events Carrera S is quicker.It is third time and the third different 997 Carrera S I win.The problem is that I can not make movies when I drive..

Quote Originally Posted by audi_ch View Post
    And fact is that based on the m5board comparison, the rs6 salon should be quicker. Was that rs6 avant on m5 board bone stoke, or maybee a small flash on the chip.
    A BMW gets beat by an Audi in an M5Board event and everyone claims the Audi must be chipped.

I know how you feel, this events are as unbiased as they come toward BMW products and for an Audi to win must mean it's chipped, or should I say more chipped/modded than the BMWs in these events.

Explain how in almost every other video/test the M cars don't perform anything like as well as they do here. A real head scratcher if ever there was one.

The simple facts are that the RS6 is quicker in every discipline, be it acceleration, braking, lap time, economy, comfort, space, etc, etc, etc. And this is true for both the saloon and avant against either of the two versions of M5.

Imagine what the RS5 will do to the M3 when it's launched.

I know I can't wait!!

MB
    What is an Audi without quattro?

Well guys, yesterday I did a track day, not in my car (DRC Shagged), but in a B5 RS4 530ish hp and totaly mental.
    we had a race with a new M3CSL. Can you guess which car won?? It was on the bedford autodrome Gt circuit.

The M3 absolutely killed this rs4 thru the twistys and was always a step ahead in the straights because of it.

The driver of the RS4 has done hundreds of laps of the ring and many laps of this track, so was no slouch.
    The RS4 is one of the fastest in the Uk with a 0-60 of sub 3.5 secs and a top speed of 200mph. it has had over £30k spent on it, and the M3 was bone stock.
    My point is this, BMW can make cars that are very very quick, and very very good, so how long will it take them to build something on general sale that can at stock, beat the RS6? Seeing this brand new, just run in, totally unmodified M3CSL, I think not long........
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

Comparing a pure track oriented BMW with a chipped but for the rest stock RS4 is a bit odd IMO
    Get out and drive

Hi Lu!

Its far from just a chipped RS4!

Its had £30k spent on it, and is a track car. It has a racing clutch, MTM monster grooved brakes & 6 pot calipers on the front and 4 pot rears, monster turbos, completely rebult engine, short shift, and remapped by MRC to 530 odd hp.

I was shocked at the performance of a stock BMW, and wondered as said above, how long it would be before BMW launced something in the RS6 size that can do the same. Not really comparing....
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

Given the result of the m5 board event, saloon should be just a bit quicker. Or Bmw gives all time special press cars to those magazin event.
    But for sure Audi would not give a bad car either.
    Huge difference:

0 - 200 km/h is done by using Launch Control.

m5board event is rolling start from ~50 km/h.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmoocher View Post
    Well guys, yesterday I did a track day, not in my car (DRC Shagged), but in a B5 RS4 530ish hp and totaly mental.
    we had a race with a new M3CSL. Can you guess which car won?? It was on the bedford autodrome Gt circuit.

The M3 absolutely killed this rs4 thru the twistys and was always a step ahead in the straights because of it.

The driver of the RS4 has done hundreds of laps of the ring and many laps of this track, so was no slouch.
    The RS4 is one of the fastest in the Uk with a 0-60 of sub 3.5 secs and a top speed of 200mph. it has had over £30k spent on it, and the M3 was bone stock.
    My point is this, BMW can make cars that are very very quick, and very very good, so how long will it take them to build something on general sale that can at stock, beat the RS6? Seeing this brand new, just run in, totally unmodified M3CSL, I think not long........
    Is there a new CSL version of the M3?

Or are you meaning the old E46 CSL.

A BMW gets beat by an Audi in an M5Board event and everyone claims the Audi must be chipped.

I know how you feel, this events are as unbiased as they come toward BMW products and for an Audi to win must mean it's chipped, or should I say more chipped/modded than the BMWs in these events.

Explain how in almost every other video/test the M cars don't perform anything like as well as they do here. A real head scratcher if ever there was one.

The simple facts are that the RS6 is quicker in every discipline, be it acceleration, braking, lap time, economy, comfort, space, etc, etc, etc. And this is true for both the saloon and avant against either of the two versions of M5.

nobody say the rs6 was chipped, i asked her just for the owner, if that could habe been the case, as the fact if listed and you just ignore, gives to me some question.

But i guess for your statements, you have hard facts.

I will post tomorow the fact sheeds of the above mentiond test

rs6 avant, rs6 saloon vs e63 and m5 vs cls63.

Hope every one will compare a bit the result and ask him self objectiv questions.

Leadfoot, you look to me like an audi sales man. lot of talking and not giving any hard facts. black on whit. Just saying bad things about bmw doesnt make audi faster.

So if you have any test wicht shows, how bmw perfomed better some years ago then they do now, scan them. looking forward to it.

scans will follow tomorow or wendsday

Also you have to remember that the clock IS NOT the same thing than side by side race. You still could get very different numbers by clock even other car wins.

Leadfoot, you look to me like an audi sales man. lot of talking and not giving any hard facts. black on whit. Just saying bad things about bmw doesnt make audi faster.
    So, I am an Audi sales person now.

The hard facts you are looking for are the conflicting times where BMW M cars do better at launch than years later, this is every model, be it the M3, 5 or 6, go no further than German magazines.

I know the Avant and Saloon will post acceleration times pretty close to each other, reason being the minimal weight difference. Do I prefer Audis, most definitely, their approach to design, everyday drive-ability and safety in all conditions make for a more balanced car.

If you think I receive info through reading the bulletins sent by Audi then you are well wide of the mark.

there is now new M3 CSL
    only M3 e92 with 420 hp
    was it manual or DKG based M3?

BTW, measured weight is 2063kg...

New Panamera Turbo is not a beauty but, top speed is over 300km/h... Just wait for first tests next autumn...