Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rs5 / Rs4

Talking Rs5 / Rs4

Hi guys. I am new on this forum, due to the fact that I am very much considering to go for an RS model as my next car. So, I am very close to buy an 07 RS4 sedan, which , in my opinion is a great car. My best friend has one and is unbelievable (ok, he also has the MTM supercharger on it and Mov'it ceramics), but all in all, it's just a great package.But, I don't want to be sorry when I 'll have the RS4 and the RS5 will come out. There are a lot to consider here, most important that I need a sedan 4 doors due to family porposes, but again, it also depends on how good the RS5 will be. My question to you guys , and I see here a lot of you have pretty good infos, do you think this RS5 will happen next year? I know all that talk about Detroit 2009 unvealling and all the spy shots on the net, but , neither of that spy shots (except the photoshops) had flarred wheel arches or anything to disquise them , old RS4 style or new RS6 style, doesn't matter. If you remember the new RS6 spy photos on the Ring, it had a special desquise chess like colour in order for people not to see the arches. No special brakes on that RS5 mules either, like the one on the TT RS mules we all saw and which, in my oppinion , is the next RS model coming out. With the hole international economical crisis and the only 3 RS model factory capacity from Quattro GmbH at a certain time, I am very much inclined to believe that no RS5 /RS4 model will hit the streets until at least the end of 2010. Any thoughts on this, or maybe some insides on the engines for those RS cars?

I think that you are ''safe'' to buy B7 RS 4, some time will pass until you be able to actually ''put your hands'' on the new RS 4/5...

No deliverys for those cars before mid 2010..., possible even later.

Of course, IMHO!

That is what I think too, possible 2011 even, but who knows...

So, bottom line is, with R8 as a permanent model (I don't know for how long), with the RS6 until the end of 2010 and the TTRS which I am pretty sure is the next RS running until probably the end of 2011, maybe we will see th RS5 coming out (if ever) as the RS6 steps down (2011) , but the RS4.....2012-2013???????????

Don't forget the RS3 it will follow in the shadow of the TT RS.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

RS3 should be a great small pocket rocket, but I have never seen any spy photos or anything suggesting that model will evr come out. Do you know somthing I don't?

I don't know if you've already seen this, but it is something quite interesting
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081112....ace-once-again
    That 2.5 T 335 hp new engine, I think is the one everybody is expecting for the TT RS. But what if, that TT we all saw on the Ring is nothing but a test mule for the next R4 / R3 model and the TT RS will never come????

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    RS3 should be a great small pocket rocket, but I have never seen any spy photos or anything suggesting that model will evr come out. Do you know somthing I don't?
    Jarod,

You mention in other threads on this site about the RS3 being shelved by Porsche or that the RS3 will never happen. I've also read on other sites about the RS3 following the TT RS and Quinty also mentioned (and photoshopped) an S3 Plus (probably read RS3), so are we now saying that there will be an RS3? I agree with Bogdan here, there have been no spy shots suggesting this, so why all of a sudden will there be an RS3? Is it the final punt by Audi before the new model?

the way things are there could be an RS3 since the market is moving toward small, less expensive, economical sporty cars. EU is rife with them. that being sais, it could be overdone within one car company- RS3, TT-RS, R4 may be a bit much. but we'll see.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

The R4 is for 2011 or later, at that time the TT Mk2 is almost at the end of his life circle.
    The RS3 is not 100% sure for the current A3 generation it coult be planned for the next gen 2010/2011.

btw, if Audi put a R5T mid engined R4 Quattro on the market i would probably not buy a TT RS.
    The R4 could be one year later on the market.

Jarod.

I am sure there are a lot of things Quattro GmbH are keeping up their sleeves. A lot of work ( RS6/R8/TTRS/R4/RS3/RS5/RS4) for a small division like Quattro and, because of the recent economical decline, they will be more interested in making models that are actually selling, not RS6 like, which is a great car, but not enough RS style for these times. All I hope is that they keep up with the good quality they did until now.

Little bit off topic, but, there are spy pic's of the future Z4, and its duo to be released at '09 Geneve, and Z4 M will be equiped with M3s V8 with 420 hp... I think Audi schould give TT RS little bit more power...

Quote Originally Posted by AndyBG View Post
    Little bit off topic, but, there are spy pic's of the future Z4, and its duo to be released at '09 Geneve, and Z4 M will be equiped with M3s V8 with 420 hp... I think Audi schould give TT RS little bit more power...
    I believe the Z4M will have a R6 Bi-turbo.

Jarod.

Yap, I too think that the TT RS, if ever comes, will not be a Z4 M rival. Audi will probably have a R4/R6 more suitable competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pretender View Post
    I believe the Z4M will have a R6 Bi-turbo.

Jarod.
    supposedly, new Z4 will feature R6 bi-turbo, as well as V8. But, V8 will go into M version, while R6 bi-turbo will be for the Z4 35i, or 3.0si..., whatever they decide to call it.

The new engine for the RS4 08 will be a V6 Turbo with 450 HP

Quote Originally Posted by R8.V10 View Post
    The new engine for the RS4 08 will be a V6 Turbo with 450 HP
    I hope you are wrong, V8 turbo sounds better to me...

BTW, there is no '08 RS 4, maybe you are reffering to '09 or '10...

Or better 2011 RS4. V8 turbo sounds better, but with all this emissions and fuel cons problems, a V6 bi-turbo sounds more possible