Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rs5 / Rs4

Everything is possible, but I think it won't be the most efective or chep way to go. So, no, I don't think supercharger and bi-turbo is the answer

Who knows the answer?
    If Audi is going to smaller dispalcements, why did they place 5L TT in RS6?

Quote Originally Posted by MR USER View Post
    On the latest issue of Evo they say that the new RS4 could have charger and twin turbo... Is that possible?
    That's BS, the reason Audi choose a SC for the 3.0TFSI V6 is to keep it compact.
    And if it will be Bi-turbo then it will be with the 2 turbo's on top in the V of the engine and not at the lower side.

Jarod.
    There are pretenders among us.....
    Geniuses with the ability to become anyone they want to be.....

I love my RS4 but boost in any form is GOOOOD...!!!

Someone told me the engine would be similar to the S4 but with 3400cc, anyone who heard the same?

Quote Originally Posted by artur777 View Post
    Who knows the answer?
    If Audi is going to smaller dispalcements, why did they place 5L TT in RS6?
    You have to think of the RS6 as a different animal to all other current and future RS models. It was always designed to be a power-house, the ultimate expression of power and luxury encased in a chassis design to contain and control that power.

The future RS models will be all about weight, agility and involvement. To achieve this goal, weight and balance is key.

P.S.

Those photoshop images are nothing more than an Audi look Z4. In other words....butt ugly.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    You have to think of the RS6 as a different animal to all other current and future RS models. It was always designed to be a power-house, the ultimate expression of power and luxury encased in a chassis design to contain and control that power.

The future RS models will be all about weight, agility and involvement. To achieve this goal, weight and balance is key.

P.S.

Those photoshop images are nothing more than an Audi look Z4. In other words....butt ugly.
    i hope they dont reduce the weight of the next RS6. It always should be a POWER BEAST perfect for autobahn cruising with BIG MASS for security. i hope the next rs6 is not going to be a "Race Car for Track" with only 1.3 tons or something. it always was and will be a business suite "drag" racer

thats what i like about the RS6....if you want to go around tracks very fast and nimble go for RS6 or much better R8...its about same price(r8) ?!!...

Quote Originally Posted by rs-6 View Post
    Someone told me the engine would be similar to the S4 but with 3400cc, anyone who heard the same?
    3.4 litre is not possible with Audi's V6 engine's, 3.2 litre is the max.

Jarod.

I think they will sure use the 3.0 litre engine. The only question is: supercharger with higher boost pressure, supercharger and turbo or bi-turbo on top of the engine? There are 3 possibilities, and they will sure choose the cleanest (euro 5) of the 3, cause all those options can easily reach arround 400hp, maximum 450, which, combined will less weight , more balanced chassy will make a hell of a car. I keep my fingers crossed for the bi-turbo version...But, again, I think there is a long way before us until they will come up with the new RS4, probably arround 2010-2011.
    2007 RS4 V8 - best NA car ever owned
    2006 GOLF R32 - 405 hp HGP TURBO - SOLD

The next RS4 is not going to have a development of the S4's 3.0 litre TFSI engine.

From a marketing perspective, it would not be credible versus the M3 or C63 or IS-F without a V8. Nearly all early tests of the new S4 criticise it for lacking in character. They put it down to the missing sound of a deep-throated V8.

The trick is to provide a very powerful V8 with excellent economy and and low emissions. This is what the 4.0 litre V8 TFSI engine is all about. Forget packaging issues, because the new A4 is built on the same MLB chassis architecture as next A6 and A8. Who knows, if it doesn't fit, maybe RS4 will get a massive bonnet power dome. Frankly, I've heard nothing about it not fitting in B8 A4 engine bay.

TFSI say nothing these day's about the kind of charger they use.
    The 4.0TFSI V8 engine i have heared about is a supercharger for the nest gen A8.
    After that there where talks about a 4.0TFSI Bi-Turbo version with the turbo's on top in the V of the engine.
    The size of those turbo's stipulated wheater they will fit under a standard A4 bonnet.
    Beside that the bonned need to be vented so the heat can go out.
    Because the turbo's and exhaust are all on top of the engine.

Jarod.

Without seeing specs for this new engine (4.0TFSi) no one knows whether or not it will fit under the hood of the RS4. Another thing, many people believed the 3.0TFSi engine that is in the new S4 was to be bi-turboed, something I insisted wasn't the case and in fact was a supercharged unit, the same confusion might be happening here again and we are once again looking at possible supercharged unit. Considering the praise the S4 engine is getting I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another SC engine making it into the line up.

The only thing I know for sure is that Audi intended to 'downsizing' it's engine capacity, something that has been in the pipeline for more than a couple of years. Handling, economy and emissions are top of the list not outright performance, though I doubt the next RS4 will suffer on this front.

One thing I notied that you (Tailpipe) wrote in the other thread, that Audi intend to bring the RS4 out shortly after the RS5. That has always been the case according to sources I have spoke to, originally the time line was for the RS5 to be launch mid/late 2009 with the RS4 within six months of this. Now that the TT/RS is to be launched ahead of the RS5 it seems logical to conclude that mid 2010 is the likely time frame for a launch.

Without seeing specs for this new engine (4.0TFSi) no one knows whether or not it will fit under the hood of the RS4. Another thing, many people believed the 3.0TFSi engine that is in the new S4 was to be bi-turboed, something I insisted wasn't the case and in fact was a supercharged unit, the same confusion might be happening here again and we are once again looking at possible supercharged unit. Considering the praise the S4 engine is getting I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another SC engine making it into the line up.

The only thing I know for sure is that Audi intended to 'downsizing' it's engine capacity, something that has been in the pipeline for more than a couple of years. Handling, economy and emissions are top of the list not outright performance, though I doubt the next RS4 will suffer on this front.

One thing I notied that you (Tailpipe) wrote in the other thread, that Audi intend to bring the RS4 out shortly after the RS5. That has always been the case according to sources I have spoke to, originally the time line was for the RS5 to be launch mid/late 2009 with the RS4 within six months of this. Now that the TT/RS is to be launched ahead of the RS5 it seems logical to conclude that mid 2010 is the likely time frame for a launch.
    Why wont it fit under the bonnet of the RS4 if it will fit under the RS5. I thought the A4/A5 chassis were both MLP.
    Truth In The Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Why wont it fit under the bonnet of the RS4 if it will fit under the RS5. I thought the A4/A5 chassis were both MLP.
    My comments are regarding the 4.0v8 Bi-turbo unit with the turbos positioned between the vee. Without the specs or measurements of this engine it is unknown whether or not it would indeed fit below the hood of the A4.

New 4.0 litre TFSI unit fits ALL models made on new MLB platform.

P.S. Leadfoot, I love your avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by tailpipe View Post
    New 4.0 litre TFSI unit fits ALL models made on new MLB platform.

P.S. Leadfoot, I love your avatar!
    I am not 100% convinced that this new TFSi engine is turboed and the reason for this is how efficient the new S4 unit is, in both performance and economy/emissions. Bi-Turbos usually mean a lot of pipe work and normally below the cylinder head which is more prone to produces lag, that means extra weight and less accurate throttle control. Now without testing the S4 myself I can on gauge an opinion based on what I have read and this opinion is that it's throttle and power is more than a match for the 4.2FSi it replaces. Plus everything points to a better balanced chassis with better turn in than the S5, meaning that the less weight with the SC engine is also a plus.

I also not believe that a V8 SC would suffer from a lack of character as the S4 unit does, it's exhaust has been tuned to suit it's purpose where as in an RS it would be turned accordingly.

Either way, Bi-turbed or Supercharged it's all good.

P.S.
    I took it from Qisha after I saw him using it, though I wonder how he got a photo of the wife in those shorters.

Either way, Bi-turbed or Supercharged it's all good.
    Someone more knowledgeable than I....What are the main differences between turbo and supercharging?

I mean which gives more power (considering its a V8), which is more responsive, flat or peaky power delivery, sound etc?

Thanks.
    Truth In The Blacklist

Rage,

Sorry mate, any explanation I gave wouldn't be good enough. The only thing I do know is SC doesn't suffer the same lag problems and these latest versions are very efficient, probably more so than turboing the same engine.