Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R8 V10 power:technical cheat

R8 V10 power:technical cheat

The V10 is exactly the same for LP560 and R8, changing only the management of butterflies, which the V10 Audi open at 94%, thus preventing deliver all 560 horses.

The butterflies on r8 v10, electronically managed, even with full accelerator pressed not open to 100% but at a lower rate, thus preventing the engine to deliver all the power. Just restore the full opening of butterflies that you obtain the free power of the V10 from R8.

Hahaha, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by andreadebi View Post
    The V10 is exactly the same for LP560 and R8, changing only the management of butterflies, which the V10 Audi open at 94%, thus preventing deliver all 560 horses.

The butterflies on r8 v10, electronically managed, even with full accelerator pressed not open to 100% but at a lower rate, thus preventing the engine to deliver all the power. Just restore the full opening of butterflies that you obtain the free power of the V10 from R8.
    This info is from....?

I ask since there is a difference on exhaust system of R8 V10 and LP560-4. In my undestanding from some German written memo exhaust is different. Also there is some difference in ECU mapping also.
    YES, both engines are mechanically the same but, there are some differences.

Just this for your info-R8 V10 sounds different(exhaust wise) then LP560-4...

Nice one info
    If this true, every owner of R8 V10 will do ECU tuning for 1-2 K euros to reveal the engine full potential.

that is interesting information. all in all, the engine differences will be designed to make the R8 engine less peaky and more of a cruiser, perhaps. as such maybe a bit more torque spread at the cost of less overall hp. something minimal. regardless, the R8 will be the superior car in every respect except name cachet. in fact, i think that the R8 will be faster around the ring notwithstanding the engine differences. for the 70K difference in cost you'll be able to buy an RS5 to put in your garage.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

Quote Originally Posted by KresoF1 View Post
    This info is from....?

I ask since there is a difference on exhaust system of R8 V10 and LP560-4. In my undestanding from some German written memo exhaust is different. Also there is some difference in ECU mapping also.
    YES, both engines are mechanically the same but, there are some differences.

Just this for your info-R8 V10 sounds different(exhaust wise) then LP560-4...
    The info comes from a certain source that works in automotive in italy

Are the cams the same?

Quote Originally Posted by RXBG View Post
    that is interesting information. all in all, the engine differences will be designed to make the R8 engine less peaky and more of a cruiser, perhaps. as such maybe a bit more torque spread at the cost of less overall hp. something minimal. regardless, the R8 will be the superior car in every respect except name cachet. in fact, i think that the R8 will be faster around the ring notwithstanding the engine differences. for the 70K difference in cost you'll be able to buy an RS5 to put in your garage.
    Very True, or an A6!

But with the RS5 in the garage would you really need the R8v10?

With the money you would save on not buying the R8v10 you could buy a TT/RS to put into your garage. But then would you need the RS5?

See were this trend is going.
    Search and you will find the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfoot View Post
    But with the RS5 in the garage would you really need the R8v10?

With the money you would save on not buying the R8v10 you could buy a TT/RS to put into your garage. But then would you need the RS5?

See were this trend is going.
    no matter how good the RS5 is it won't be able to touch the R8 V10 in any way, shape, or form, upside down, inside out, drunk, sober, or high.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

no matter how good the RS5 is it won't be able to touch the R8 V10 in any way, shape, or form, upside down, inside out, drunk, sober, or high.
    I know, but that wasn't my point. The point I was making was with every purchase you can make a rational reason for picking something cheaper which will be almost as good a job. The kind of guy who picks the Lamborghini over the R8 does so because he can, plain and simple.

P.S.
    I would still probably end up picking the TT. What can I say I like a bargain.
    Search and you will find the truth.

leadie

got your point.

i could see a V12 Q7 for the wifey, a TT-R, and an S4 daily driver.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

he´s right. both cars are generally very similar. the engineers of the R8 did some of the work for the Lamborghini at the same time. The engine of the R8 V10 is nearly the same as the one in the LP560-4

when T F?????????????????????? are we going to see this animal?

those italians must be drinking grappa like crazy in order to blunt the shock when this car comes out.
    Past- A4, TT, S4

Present- R8 V10

RXBG, maybe at the LA show....i have no idea now lol. I can't wait for it for sure, just look at those numbers that the LP560 is putting down....serious business.

From Audi Factory Hungary, Gyor

http://totalcar.hu/magazin/kozelet/lambomotor/

Eh, last I heard the 5.2L V10 going into R8 is the same as what is in the S6, S8, and the RS6 without the turbos - which is not the same as the 5.2L V10 in the Gallardo. Am I late?

~Mason
    1995 Audi A6 Quattro Sedan, 218K miles.
    2009 Audi A5 S-line, 5500 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by OfftheHeZie View Post
    Eh, last I heard the 5.2L V10 going into R8 is the same as what is in the S6, S8, and the RS6 without the turbos - which is not the same as the 5.2L V10 in the Gallardo. Am I late?

~Mason

5.2L V10 FSI that is in S6/S8 is not high reving version and is using wet sump.

5.0L V10 TFSI is RS6 is twin turbo updated engine with dry sump.

5.2L V10 FSI in R8/LP560-4 is high reving version with dry sump.

Even basic parts on these engines are not the same. Different materials and specs all the way...