Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video: Audi RS6 Avant (580 HP) vs BMW M5 E60 50-270 km/h

No 1 Video: Audi RS6 Avant (580 HP) vs BMW M5 E60 50-270 km/h

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaVTdqsPLk

Gustav wrote: "Gallardo LP560-4 is VERY fast, not your "going even with the BMW M5" Gallardo. Very fast and nice
    Audi RS6 Avant: I was suprised, the Audi is just plain faster than the BMW M5 Sedan, however the BMW M5 gains a bit between 240 and 270 km/h but not enough to win over the Audi. So RS6 is a fast car, faster than I thought for sure. Impressive that 4WD and automatic can beat an M5 and a stock M5 Touring would not be able to beatr an RS6 Avant. I guess 580 HP is 580 HP Gallardo SE is faster than Gallardo 500 HP E Gear, that is clear. But the LP560-4 is on another level.
    997 Turbo (manual) is getting walked quite easy by the LP560-4
    All in all, a great day and the RS6 surprised and the 560-4 is not your Gallardo caferacer: it is fast "

Wan't there a guy called T-Bone pver at m5board who promised to eat his hat if the RS6 was faster?
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

why would he be surprised that the RS6 is faster than the M5? The previous gen RS6 blew the doors off the M5...

And that's the Avant versus a Sedan M5. How about some sedan vs. sedan racing?

Still, I am impressed by the RS6. AWD and a traditional automatic gearbox and it's still quicker. This just isn't a traditional car I guess...

Good job Audi!

In real world I am sure RS6 is much quicker.M5 board events are BMW bias.Conclusion:A stock sedan RS6 V10 humilitates a stock sedan M5 V10.

Quote Originally Posted by KK265 View Post
    In real world I am sure RS6 is much quicker.M5 board events are BMW bias.Conclusion:A stock sedan RS6 V10 humilitates a stock sedan M5 V10.
    Actually, stock M5 is on 19" which would be more beneficial. This particular car was on 20", just like the RS6.

This is fun I think

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...ml#post1451629

Hi T Bone

Remember this?

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...ming-test.html

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Vote M5 you knobs! Quattro is going to kill the RS6
    :dunno:

I am supremely confident that the RS6 will get embarassed at the airfield in the summer. All Audis get embarassed there :7:

All the Audi fan bois are going to cry when they see BMW ///M 5 and ///M 6 taillights when you run SSS 4 this summer.
    :crying:hiha

My friend, wait until they run heads up on the airfield
    The wait was worth it :thumbsup:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/gtb...s-new-rs6.html

I think in the upcoming videos from your homeland, you will see the mighty Audi act as backmarkers....

They seriously have to think about their whole Quattro story if they want to be serious sports car people. They will never have a serious sports car with Quattro.

You never have enough HP to compensate for the drivetrain losses.
    I stand pat with my bet with Cazorp. The E60M5 will kill the new RS6 at Gustav's Supercar Shootout in Sweden 3 and the Nurburgring....

The weight, Quattro are the big issues for this car....

Still, very nice looking. And I feel sorry for the poseur chumps in "sportscars" that are going to get dusted but this thing. :1:
    :goldcup:

Cazorp, do you concede your wager yet? If you do, it will be a simple method of payment.... A picture of an M Licence plate on your Audi in front of a BMW dealership. If you wish to continue your path of denial that the E60 M5 is faster than the RS6, you will find no refuge with your fellow Audi enthusiasts when you take a picture with them proclaiming that "Audi Sucks".

This is your chance.....
    :noSMG:

This is why I am confident in our wager.....

You cannot outpower weight and drivetrain losses..... M5 will kill the RS6.

etc. etc.

Those BMW-guys talk alot. Why don't they just shut up and let the video talk.

MB
    What is an Audi without quattro?

Is this guy Gustav's right hand man or his alter-ego.

I wonder what he has to say on the subject now.

Erik, post a link to the thread so we all can keep up to date with their accuses.
    Search and you will find the truth.

I drove a new m5 touring (again) the other day. It was nice. But it was not as quick as my 6 in ANY way. Ahead of it at every turn, stop and drag.

We swapped and the salesman drove my car and was speechless at the effortless ease of it all, Where as in the bimmer you always seem to be "ragging" it to get it to do what it can, the RS6 just turns up, makes a lot of noise and f**ks off. results the same.

And before you all start saying about how tweeked my car is, Its making 510bhp, 411Whp and 560ftlbs torque. so- not a lot in it.....

still, I would buy an M5 touring strangely, its a nice place to be, and Fecking quick in its own right. But for now, I love my 6.....
    So fast, it will re-arrange yer trousers!!

every think is fine....the m5 eater is born ;-)

the rs6 starts with 20", too or need I glasses ??????
    mfg
    Daniel

RS6plus -- blue pack -- h&r suspension -- 20" rs6 c6 wheels -- fully loaded and wagner cooled !

Standard 20"on the C6. 19" on the C5.

IN THE VIDEO the rs6 are on the road with 20"...that would I say...;-)
    mfg
    Daniel

RS6plus -- blue pack -- h&r suspension -- 20" rs6 c6 wheels -- fully loaded and wagner cooled !

i have not watched the videos TBH, but many tweeked C5RS6 cars have got 20" rims and run 275 tyres instead of the 255 oem.

Gustav is not the most credible source when it comes to anything Audi....as far as i can tell...i think it should just be left at that.

Just what I expected.

This is what BMW fans have to say

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...ml#post1450866

Quote Originally Posted by chewym View Post
    Just what I expected.

This is what BMW fans have to say

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...ml#post1450866
    yeah, and I really like this quote too:

It´s got a lot more torque as we know so it got the start pretty easy. I was there with my stock M5 and raced the RS6, I started catching up when we reached 140 mph. If the runway had been longer I would have past him. The M5 is quicker 140+ mph!

Another M5 that was there did race the guy in the RS6 on the way home also, he said that after 168 mph the RS6 was long gone
    BS, M5 will not make it not matter what they say, BTDT more than once. Over 250 km/h M5 is a looser. If someone claims that RS6 was long gone @ 168 mph there is only one reason - rs driver knew already his dick is bigger and there is no need to prove it ...
    rs6+/mtm/movit
    q7 4.2 tdi mtm
    CAT D3
    RAM3500 D Cummins 6.7 Diesel

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ObamaCare: Medicine with IRS compassion and DMV urgency.

"A politician will never provide a service for you cheaper than you can do it yourself...."

If the liberals love communism so much, why don't they move to China?

I has seen enough videos of both accelerating to make the opinion that the RS6 will always hold the upper hand, regardless of the speed.
    Search and you will find the truth.

I don't agree with you guys
    IMHO M5 will catch up after 140 mph due to better gearing and longer RPM band...
    BTW, I am absolutely sure that next M5 will blow out RS6 in terms of acceleration even in lows...

I like RS4 and future RS5 very much, but to say the truth RS6 seems to be too heavy and not that entertaining as M5. RS6 is a better all-rounder, but M5 is a better sport-car as it is...

sorry for my opinion but it's what I see.