Thread: RS4 Springs

Question RS4 Springs

I've been thinking about replacing the springs in my Avant in the spring with the H&Rs.

Any pics to show how it lowers? Hows the ride quality in comparison? Worse/better handling?

Any other suggestions?

I've had coilovers already and I don't want to go down that route at this time and on this car.
    2007 RS4 Avant | Misano | Black Optics | SS+
    2001 S3 | Ebony

I would not do that with the horrible DRC in these cars, you will just cause it to break even earlier than it would. If there is one car that could use coilovers it is the RS4 due to DRC.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBucket View Post
    I would not do that with the horrible DRC in these cars, you will just cause it to break even earlier than it would. If there is one car that could use coilovers it is the RS4 due to DRC.
    Fully Endorse, I did kw3 Coilover...man oh man..loving it!

is there a chance to lower the caronly at the front? i dont want to change the DRC only because of 1inch at the front wheels. i was driving the bilstein pss9 in my old car and i like the drc+ much more. dont know why u all are complaining about it.

changed the srings to the HR springs, but the lookw is still awfull as you still have 2cm difference between front and rear, plus the lowerign is almost zero (-10mm if you have the sport suspension).

I changed after to the KW V3, that made it, no doubt. and althoug lost a little of confort, there is still confort with it.

pics here:
    http://www.rsquattro.com/en/pics.html

I am not telling you this to sell you a suspension, but its simply the reality.

The springs are worthless... don't do the same error other have made

so i wont do anything. made the mistake already on my a4 cabrio before... built in the pss9 and ok, the optics were good but it brings other aspect which are negative... so this time i ll live with the 2cm "too high"