Thread: S3 sportback - wise choice?

S3 sportback - wise choice?

Waiting for the next RS4 - I'm seriously considering trading my current ride for a new S3 sportback. I want to stick with Audi - but am afraid of the pricedrop on my B7 once the B8 RS4 comes out... Anyone have an idea on how long the current S3 model is going to last before Audi launch a new A3 platform?

Like the usability of the Sportback even though there are obvious differences from the RS4. On another note - anyone know what the tuning potential is on the S3?

Really appreciate some help.
    Audi RS4
    "The ringmaster"

BMW M coupe
    "Itīs a lot like nothing else"

I think that new A3 is set for first half of the CY 2010..., S3 will follow at least one year after that... I think you have enough time.

We can't get the S3 in the States, but I just purchased an 09 A3 2.0T Quattro. Check out goapr.com and awe-tuning.com. They say the powerplant is good for nearly 400hp w/ software tuning and turbo, fueling and intercooling upgrades. Who knows, with the weight differences, they might even be competitive w/ an RS4.

I had a SB before, 2.0 TDI DSG, one of the best cars I've had.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

It sure has potential ^^ Power upgrades up to 380-400hp with approx. 460Nm torque...

Regards
    Chris
    ---------------------------
    AVUS PERFORMANCE
    www.avus-performance.com
    info@avus-performance.com

nice pics...
    mtm is as always doing nice modes

Mbolo,

I don't know if you already have seen this but take a look,

It is a Audi A3 Sportback 3.2
    This Audi is equipped with a Garrett turbo and squeezes a 460 hp/ 550 Nm from its engine.

Its € 12,900 including assembly and contains:
    Larger injectors fitted to satisfy the additional gasoline hunger, forged pistons for the extra thermal load, a turbo (duh!), a custom exhaust manifold, inter cooler piping and last-but-not-least: custom engine management software.

This turbo can hold up to 600 hp but that would drastically decrease the durability of the engine. Also a DSG gearbox could be a solution for even better performance.

Very nice sound if I may say so.